seasoned spot machine tank...anybody

Name
steve snail
Busted the tank on my portable spot machine purchased from Bridgepoint, I think. Anyone have one of these in the garage they want to sell? Any suppliers, have a replacement tank for sale.

IMG_4703.jpg

thanks

Name
John LaBarbera
That's an old Cleanmaster/Hydramaster machine. I doubt you'll find one, but the tank is polycarbonate. (Lexan) A plastic supply/fabrication company might be able to make one for you. Where is it broken, could it be patched?

John

Name
Nate W.
Oh Snap!! I got 3 of those too. Tanks all broken too. I tried a plastic repair place, they wanted $600 about 4 years ago. Went with the mytee spotter, not as good. The other one was well liked due to the see-thru tank. I wish you the best of luck on finding a replacement. :D

Name
Nate W.
Danny Strickland said:
you got a spare $90 bill laying around i can have one in a UPS truck by tuesday!!! :shock:

Steve in Omaha, That got your name written all over it! :D

C

Carpet Dude

how strong is that spotter machine performance wise? Vac size and stage? Is it better then spotting machines on the current market.?

John Watson

John at Johns Custom Machine could make you new tanks. He does wonders with the plastic stuff too!!!

Name
John LaBarbera
That machine was built in the 70's. I don't think it was made as a "spotter", but more a 3,5,9 gal extractors with full size vac and pump and priced about the same. I think Castex made the first "spotter", they called the "Answer". Century 500, owner Bill Shiro, came next. He also designed the Ninja. The only advantage of the old Cleanmaster is the clear tank which is also it's weakness, the material gets brittle over time.

Just a question. Is the clear tank really that important? Would you pay more for a clear tank and how much? Most guys who use it as a spotter bought it used for a song and while the clear tank is nice I don't think anyone is going to pay $600.00 to rebuild it.

John

Carpet Dude,

That had the old 7.2 two stage vac and probably a 60 psi Shurflo pump. If you look close at the picture the vac tank has a reinforcement in the center to prevent flexing. The rotational molded housings of today are considerably stronger. And 5.7 vac are more efficient. The new pumps are designed better. Mytee has the strongest vac motor of any hand held spotter made today that I know of, and comes standard with a s/s tool.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Jimmy,

Seeing the dirty water is a nice feature, but how much is it worth price-wise? Maybe I'm missing something. Is a spotter used for spotting or for selling an extractor job? Does the customer see the dirty water in your truck mount? I'm just trying to understand the "whats" and "why's"of the professional cleaners preferences.

John

Name
Nate W.
John LaBarbera said:
Hi Jimmy,

Seeing the dirty water is a nice feature, but how much is it worth price-wise? Maybe I'm missing something. Is a spotter used for spotting or for selling an extractor job? Does the customer see the dirty water in your truck mount? I'm just trying to understand the "whats" and "why's"of the professional cleaners preferences.

John

I would have to say the advantage of a clear tank is being able to see if the spot foams, what's really left in the carpet or fabric. If the customer used anything on the spot. We had the 3m scotchgard, gaurdsman, and acouple of other contracts for spot cleaning. I did make a difference on the cleaning.

I would also submit the mytee spotter might have more suction but it's hard to tell now with nothing to compare it to. And if you need to show your customer the dirty water to prove something to them, then you have some serious issues in business IMO.

Good job Steve on finding a replacement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom