Sebo Vacuum - are you kidding me?

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah, uncool when they certainly know better.

I was asked by a Sebo enthusiast here to help promote their new MLM system.

No thanks.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Well son of a b..., I was just about to edit one of the chapters in my consumer guide and say something good
about their product. What a bunch of corporate A holes to throw HWE under the bus so they can gain some sales
of powder and gadgets.

Just another reason why this f...... up industry we work in everyday should have joined forces years ago so that today
we could really dictate consumer education and have work pouring out our ears. But...........

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Oreck did this several years ago. Worked to sell units short-term, pissed cleaners off long-term. Guess how much Oreck cares about what we think?

Sebo wants market share, and they aren't going to get it from us.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I will tell you all...

we rent that scrubber with sebo dry cleaning powder for maintenance stuff...i wouldnt recommend it to someone for substitute for HWE...but

WOW...try it on spots...had a custy take out red with it day after punch was spilled..literally sprinkle it on and scrub it in with the tamping brush they give and wa-la. gotten out lots of heavy grease spots with it..cat vomit....good stuff!!!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
"Wet Carpet Cleaning Methods are Harmful - If you're like most people,
you probably assume that the only way to get carpets really clean is to
shell out several hundred dollars a year to have them professionally
steam cleaned. However, wet-cleaning methods inject water and
detergent into the carpet pile, under pressure, then attempt to collect the
liquid and dissolved soil. Unfortunately, it's impossible to remove all of
that dirty water from a wet carpet. Many machines only remove half,
leaving the remaining dirt and detergent-saturated water to soak into the
pad. Not only will this amount of moisture cause deterioration of the
carpet backing, a wet carpet may take from one to three days to dry,
depending on humidity. That's long enough for mold spores to grow,
introducing a whole new hazard to your family. And carpets often re-soil
quickly because of the stickiness caused by residual detergent.

Easy In-home Demonstration - To truly appreciate how harmful steam
cleaning is for the appearance, longevity and hygiene of your carpet,
here's a simple demonstration you can do at home. Find a small carpet
sample, dip it into a bowl of water and wait just a minute for the moisture
to soak in. Then, gently pull on the backing. You'll be amazed to see the
carpet's adhesive material disintegrate,
allowing the backing to easily separate from
the pile. Now imagine the damage that's
caused by steam cleaning your carpets one,
two or three times each year. Excessive
carpet stretching that causes "waves" in the
pile, mysteriously reappearing stains, and
unwanted odors are just the most obvious
signs of this damage
."

Really?!?!?! Sebo?!!??! Really...what a load of crap! Any of you sebo touting members here would you like to say something about this?

Why is it that always these drycrap companies are the once that are spending big dollar on marketing and spreading their lies??

Why can't us "good steam cleaners" get together and counter advertise?? It would be so easy to form an association that is "for the cleaners by the cleaners" and not like the iicrc types that do absolutely nothing for us?

One thing is for sure- even if sebo comes out with a decent vacuum cleaner that is not a bagged junk- I will prolly still not buy it, unless they stop this stupidity..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
OK, where's the SEBO salesman now ?
(I KNOW who you is)

care to comment on sebo's line of marketing HORSE SHIT???

..L.T.A.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Ha...I don't like their vacuums much. They are fine I would just rather have a Lindhaus or Riccar over Sebo.

Try the powder, Ax the dry cleaning of whole rooms..bless the company...live by better standards than they do and let them get bit in the ass down the road by all of their exotic trash talk....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
We need to do our part.
Which is to make sure that our clients do not buy their products.

We support those who support us and return the same favor to those who bad mouth us.

I'll do my part.
From now on, Sebo is definitely not recommended.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ofer is correct, Jordan .
I wasn't referring to you.
heck, you're vac "store" , not a Kirby salesman .
You sell lots of different brands

The one I'm referring is a a good guy and i consider him a friend .

Just wonder if he gags a little when hawking those over priced vacs NOW...
now that their marketing is dogging the shit out of our and HIS livelihood

screw sebo and the horse they rode in on

..L.T.A.

-JB-

Name
JB
Oh me? I'm right here, just waiting for you ladies to pick the knot out of your panties before responding. Are ya done then? :roll:

You guys kill me, who else but a carpet cleaner would look at that site long enough to find those things?
Is it an issue of misinformation? Yes. Was it intentional? Only to the extent they didn't know any different, having never work w/CC's before!!!!

So? Put down your torches and pitch forks and work together to "enlighten" them, as I've been doing. Back in Feb, some HWE bashing videos were brought to light...

http://www.mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46413&hilit=SEBO&start=30

Those videos in question have been remove, as the President of Sebo NM said they would; however I see they missed a link to one of them at the bottom of the page in question...(put down your torches, I'm not done) they said the rest of the questionable content will be edited and or removed ASAP, so don't tell me they don't care or listen.
The fact is, their primary business is vac sales, heck they manufacturer of 80% of the worlds commercial vacs for the Windsor brand, so they do best they can based on their knowledge of the the industry. Why is that any different than any of you that started w/a porty, vlm, or pad cap?

Mike,
I know this is your sandbox, you've always made that very clear, and YOU KNOW I warned them about that from day one.
yeah, uncool when they certainly know better.
THEY SELL VACS, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THEY "KNEW BETTER?" UNTIL I TOLD THEM.

I was asked by a Sebo enthusiast here to help promote their new MLM system. IN ACTUALITY, YOU DID HELP PROMOTE IT AT MF'10; IN EXCHANGE FOR A $800 VAC, RIGHT? THEN TURN AROUND AND ASK ME TO SEND YOU FREE BAGS FOR IT, RATHER THAN SIGNING ON AS A DISTY, AND SAVING 30% OFF RETAIL, ONLY TO THEN TURN AROUND AND TRY TO AUCTION IT OFF HERE

No thanks. THAT'S ALL YOU NEEDED TO SAY, TELL ME I DIDN'T GIVE YOU AN OUT ABOUT 10X, YOU CANT CAN YOU?

FACT IS YOUR STILL SADDENED/PISSED/LET DOWN, (YOU SAID IT YOURSELF) BY THE FACT THAT I WENT TO THE "CLEAN FOOL" BOARD http://www.cleanfool.com/, AND HE ON A JOKE MADE ME AN ADMIN. I HAD NO IDEA YOU AND CLEAN FOOL HAD A PARTING OF WAYS, I DON'T REALLY FOLLOW BB DRAMA. NOW, DON'T DENI IT, HECK I HADN'T HEARD FROM YOU IN MONTHS UNTIL THEN.
DUDE I LOVE YA LIKE A BROTHER, BUT YOUR PARANOID.

Oz,
Sebo wants market share, and they aren't going to get it from us. PLEASE SPEAK FOR YOURSELF, AS I DO CONSIDER MYSELF ONE OF US, AND THEY WILL GET MY MARKET SHARE, GLADLY.
Oreck did this several years ago. Worked to sell units short-term, pissed cleaners off long-term. Guess how much Oreck cares about what we think? TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE, DID ANY CC'S EVER WORK WITH ORECK

Sebo wants market share, and they aren't going to get it from us.
YOU SAY THAT LIKE IT'S A BAD THING, I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE POINT OF DOING BUSINESS?

meAT,
OK, where's the SEBO salesman now ?
(I KNOW who you is) DUDE AGAIN I LOVE YA BUT IF YAS KNOWS WHO I IS JUST SAY MY NAME, OR CALL ME, MY PHONE NUMBER IS RIGHT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, I'M GOOD WITH IT.

care to comment on sebo's line of marketing HORSE SHIT??? THIS IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN, AND AS YOUS CAN SEE FROM ABOVE I'M WORKING WITH THEM TO MAKE THEIR SITE AND SEBO NM MORE CC FREINDLY, I PROMISE.

meAT, (again)
The one I'm referring is a a good guy and i consider him a friend . AWWW YOU DO L :mrgreen: VE ME STILL!!!

Just wonder if he gags a little when hawking those over priced vacs NOW... ACTUALLY.., NO, IT'S MORE OF A MIGRAINE HEADACHE WHEN YOUS GUYS UNEARTH THIS STUFF, LOL! OH, AND OVER PRICED? NO. WILL ANY OTHER VACS LAST ON AVERAGE 15 YEARS WITH NO MAJOR ISSUES? DOUBT IT.
now that their marketing is dogging the shit out of our and HIS livelihood

screw sebo and the horse they rode in on DUDE SERIOUSLY ? thathurts i EXPECTED MORE THAN A COMMENT LIKE THAT OUTTA YOU.

THAT IS ALL. !gotcha! GET SOME SLEEP.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Is it an issue of misinformation? Yes. Was it intentional? Only to the extent they didn't know any different,

sorry, Brother
That just doesn't pass the "smell" test.
You might believe that, but i don't.

Whoever wrote that ad copy knew exactly what they were doing and why

It's sleazy , deceptive , scumbag marketing

screw sebo and the horse they rode in on DUDE SERIOUSLY ? thathurts i EXPECTED MORE THAN A COMMENT LIKE THAT OUTTA YOU.

OK, you're right .
I'm animal lover too...i shouldn't of included the horse

Matter of fact, I'll let Horse finish the post for me

..L.T.A.

z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Mj1Us13Ykz]

...L.T.A.

randy

Name
Randy
Burtz said:
http://www.aquaair-wetdry.com/

it's from Utah

v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdTpZOPQ6rEv]

Now this brings back memories and kind of makes me laugh my ass off at some of you guys. I find all this outrage at SEBO kind of unfair and on some cleaners part down right hypocritical. You see this Aquaair-wetdry unit that Alex has posted about is owned by the Hank brothers of Interlink/ Hydro force fame. Four or five years ago they had advertising on the net claiming " avoid dealing with expensive carpet cleaners" (you can clean carpet with this Aquaair unit).

How many of you still buy stuff from Interlink, Bridgepoint or Hydroforce BUT you're slamming Sebo for the same "offense".
Mike you turned down promoting the SEBO and label this uncool of them but had MR. Hanks at your feast, like an honored guest.
So Interlink,Bridgepoint and the Hydroforce group of companies gets a pass but SEBO gets slammed ?
Where is the logic on this ? Do you see why some of us see that you don't treat all vendors within the industry objectively ?

Mikey P

Administrator
John the reason I never signed on was the FACT that my POS $129 Shark Navigator kicks my $800 Sebo's ass.

Sure the Sebo will last longer, but being a 3 dog, one cat family, the cost of ownership with the bags and filters is insane.

AND it does not clean anywhere near as well.

So how could I push one on my loyal clients?

AND no way in hell would I ever waste my time with a paper bag vac trying to guess if I'm getting dirt out of a clients home.

AND you know damn well you were never up front with me as to why you would waste your time on a board with 5 members. Not paranoid, just curious.

AND I still wuv ya, but the Sebo :twisted: Debil is going to corrupt your soul, brother.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike you turned down promoting the SEBO and label this uncool of them but had MR. Hanks at your feast, like an honored guest.
So Interlink,Bridgepoint and the Hydroforce group of companies gets a pass but SEBO gets slammed ?
Where is the logic on this ? Do you see why some of us see that you don't treat all vendors within the industry objectively ?

When did you get promoted to Board Ethics Chairman Randy?

I didn't bring up the Sebo issue nor did I slam them, I just dont want to promote them. It is a good vacuum as far as bag vacs go but I'm not interested in being involved with an MLM.

Find me company with out a single fault Randy. Are all your chosen vendors perfect? Give me a list of who you support and I'll clue you in. You're little back room whisper sessions at the local Cleaners Clubhouse or where ever you get your "Industry Dirt" from, just aint as hip as you hope it to be.

You're a real pompous ass, you know that?

but I wuv you too.

and Hanks was NOT an honored guest in any shape or form. Just a regular presenter who paid to strut his stuff.

S

sam miller

I wouldnt drop 8 bones on a Vacuum. They're trying to compete with Kirby and going at it as an all in one solution using Chemdry tactics period. Looking to promote Host dry cleaning,

Still people buy Kirby's from door to door hack, Lady said to me a Kirby saleswoman came in threw dirt on her floor and said wait Maam let me show You what I can do!

Uh pay to get my carpets cleaned?

I dont mind people trying to make a living but thats redonculus. shiteatinggrin

Its like me saying I can get Urine out with a subsurface tool and pissing on the carpet to prove it! WT..... blowme

And we educated cleaners inform customers everyday about the right ways of doing things and by sharing these truths we dont need to advertise a slogan or campaign against such heresies.

Just keep doing Your job and be informative let Your customers do the rest!

Mikey P

Administrator
After 6 months of hard use the belt drive motor will fail, if you suck up yourr OP dust and lint right after grinding, even sooner. Its a tiny motor and does not like moisture.
the Vac is actually well made and hardly leaks dust copared to all the other dirt cup designs.

Its 10 inch head will take a bit to get use to but for furnished homes and staircases, its great.

Small dirt cup so park a grocery sack at the front door to dump your spew into.

I've sold jillions of these for Costco and BBaB, too bad they don't have a down line, I'd be rich!!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My bissel is stilling running well.....but I can see it taking a dump soon.

This decision will take 2 lifetimes to achieve.

This is worse than "what's your favorite prespray". :shock:

gavin

after 8 years I just replaced the roller and belt on my hoover c1810 they've earned my loyalty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom