Second Hand Transformation

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hi guys,

Here is second hand truck and machine install we just completed for a client at the top end of Australia. Since Vinyl wraps aren't so common place over here in Oz, this is our first try at trying to imitate a Vortex type pantec and wrap. What do you reckon....?

SecondHandIveco.jpg

and after a few days designing and use of vinyl wraps, this is what it ended like....

I think you will agree, it is definitely eye catching and will pull potential customers attention which is always a good thing!!

DSC01246.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

DSC01248.jpg

Rear view of the Truck, after we installed a second hand traded in Genesis machine.

smallDSC01061.jpg

Left hand side, side door view. Notice the winch....:wink:

smallDSC01066.jpg

Inside the pantec looking toward the front of the truck, displaying the racks, chemical shelf and air mover storage.

smallDSC01072.jpg

Right hand side door view. You can see the white poly fresh water tank we installed behind the chemical shelf.

smallDSC01068.jpg

Instead of using a tail gate loader, this is a cheaper and easier option for those trying to lift heavy items such as portables, dehums or Cimex/Scrubbing machines up and into the back of the pantec. Afterward, the ramp simply lift up and affix to the air mover racks for safe storage.

smallDSC01083.jpg

Jim

GRHeacock

Very nice job, Jim!!

Inside and outside is a work of art.

You will need a stick to keep the customers in a nice orderly line.

Gary

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sweet..............very nice.......

I like the wench idea.is the control cord long enough that you can stand behind the machine and guide as it goes up the ramp

What type of lighting is that hanging from the top and where did you get it.........

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Thanks Gary, Jim and Ron. We try 8)

Jim Martin said:
is the control cord long enough that you can stand behind the machine and guide as it goes up the ramp

What type of lighting is that hanging from the top and where did you get it.........

Yes, the winch cable is long enough to stand outside the rig and guide whatever you like up the ramps. The ramps are very sturdy as they are dropped into eyelets we have put in the floor.

And as for the lights, they are simple 12 volt marine downlights that can handle moisture. There are 5 of them and a flood light as well, which, when operated of a night, really light the pantec up nicely.

Jim

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I notice most of the trucks down there have a push bars on the front. Is that because of the Kangaroos?

The Preacher

i'm thinking of installing a couple hefty wenches in my van. i hear the Kansas/Nebraska/Iowa corn feed winches are the strongest!!! :eek:

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
lol at Vince :lol: (However, not yours! It is unbelievably clean!!)

AdamHale said:
I notice most of the trucks down there have a push bars on the front. Is that because of the Kangaroos?

Push bars. Well I have never heard of that. Down here we call them Bull Bars. And yes, they are designed to stop Roo's and Cattle.

Plus, when they get polished, they come up like a mirror, and I like having at bit of bling on our rigs. The last thing this rig needs is chrome wheel inserts, that would really finish it off I think.

Jim

Mikey P

Administrator
You're Power Clean's saving grace.

Do you do any pimping to the machine itself?

How many super rigs do you sell in a given year ?

John Buxton

I reckon I really like it! The pics on the side say so much more than words could. I put a cheapy winch in above my rear doors for the Cimex and dehu's and such, a real back saver.

Your all right mate.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
AdamHale said:

they protect the front bumpers .they got the idea after some dude from Idaho ripped his off backing out of his own damn drive way.............

Greenie

Mikey P said:
You're Power Clean's saving grace.
Do you do any pimping to the machine itself?

How many super rigs do you sell in a given year ?

PowerClean Australia is very forward thinking, they have done PowerClean USA a huge favor, their installs use more of our performance upgrades than any other Mfg.

It's no surprise the improvements you see in today's PowerClean line up spawn from downunder, where do I start, stainless frame? Kunkles? 2.5" hose? Better waste tank and filter design? Diesel powered?
Do i even need to mention their fantastic set the standard installs?

It's good to know some Distributors are listening and care enough to make positive change to the lines they carry.

I applaud the Aussies.

John Watson

Oh Jim Jim, U let me down Mate,

After all those photos I was sitting here just waiting for your hidden storage spaces, Nada Not one reveled. You mentioned the water tank, but, Crikey, I could see that. I see the storage box under on the right side , but, looks like you removed the left one.

Come on Mate, there is all types of room above thet thar chenery Fill in the voids..

Sorry there Jim, Just had to fun you a bit, Looks great as usual.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Been thinking of these installs. Based on my experience with diesel slide in, I would never carpet the interior. Its going to get terribly messy in there with the diesel fumes and exhaust.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Jim Martin said:
AdamHale said:

they protect the front bumpers .they got the idea after some dude from Idaho ripped his off backing out of his own damn drive way.............

I was really hoping people had forgot that.
camerapics355.jpg

camerapics354.jpg

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
whats the winch for on your one chemical rack? your truck rules, did you have it all repainted or did you do all vinyl decals to protect the paint?

John Watson

You can sure tell who really looked at the pictures.

Cands, Look at the last photo of the set, Machine on ramps, now look in front of machine, see cable, it goes to the winch, the winch is mounted on the rack on the opposite of the truck. It works or both red and white trucks.. Sorry you open door....

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think you would be alot better off with the machine facing out the side door, back door machines waste space and many times load the vehicle funny. machine out the side door, reels out the back, that way all the room on either side of the machine in the back is not wasted,

I sure wish my truck had a bumper like that, I would use it to hit orange barrels at will, including infront of construction workers

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
from what I understand, machines out the side make the weight load wrong for the vehicle. Most of the wieght is too forward. Its better to keep most of the weight on the rear axle, thus the machine and tanks are towards the rear-middle rather than foward. provides for better handling

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Ron Werner said:
Been thinking of these installs. Based on my experience with diesel slide in, I would never carpet the interior. Its going to get terribly messy in there with the diesel fumes and exhaust.
Are you saying the carpet is going to get dirty Ron? Do you know a good carpet cleaner then?? :p :) We carpet some, spray some with Linex, or just leave some standard as per our customers request. Although I cannot comment on other Diesel truckmounts, I know the new PowerClean D-XT Diesel truckmount that I showed on another thread earlier, it utilizing the new generation of low emission diesel engines. We plumbed the exhaust under the body anyway to get around this potential issue.

cands said:
whats the winch for on your one chemical rack? your truck rules, did you have it all repainted or did you do all vinyl decals to protect the paint?
John explained the winch correctly. As the photo shows, it is used for pulling up portables, dehums, Cimex machines etc… And no, it wasn’t repainted Scott. It was completely vinyl wrapped.

AdamHale said:
I was really hoping people had forgot that.
Sorry Adam, none of us forgot your little bumper ‘incident’.

steve g said:
I think you would be alot better off with the machine facing out the side door, back door machines waste space and many times load the vehicle funny. machine out the side door, reels out the back, that way all the room on either side of the machine in the back is not wasted.

I sure wish my truck had a bumper like that, I would use it to hit orange barrels at will, including infront of construction workers

It definitely depends on the vehicle Steve. For maximum use of space, we rear mounted this Genesis machine, thus allowing us more useable space for racking. Rear mounted this type of machine allows for very easy servicing as well. We simply take out the vacuum hose reel and you get a lot of room to get in and around the service side (left hand side) of this particular TM. The other reason we rear mounted this Genesis, was that as it was a second hand truck and pantec the customer purchased, we had to install around the door openings that were on the pantec when it arrived to us.

Remember here in Australia, our machine needs to come out of the left hand side of the pantec, thus the door that was on the left hand side is in the middle of no where. It would have been a terrible waste of space (in this particular rig) if we mid mounted it. However, depending on different vehicles and client requirements, we mid mount quite a few TM’s. But serviceability is paramount in our view. We will install with serviceability in mind, before we worry about left over storage space. However, when we take both into account, it make for a awesome and very practical install.

DSC03065.jpg

And if you like the Bull Bar (push bar) on that truck, this is the type of ute you should be driving then Steve. You can tag them orange barrels to your hearts content. :) This is a fairly standard country ute over here. The maloo ute has a 6.0 corvette GEN 6 engine in them and they pump out about 450 bhp. They have not a bad power to weight ratio because they are so light being a ute. And they sure are easy to drift being light in the tail end :wink:

Ute.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom