Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
IMG_7335.jpeg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Nice work -expand on the mattress potential...Your letting cash go bye bye... Make a nice system to streamline process. Change the phone approach...to lead them into a sale.
They call,you answer.
Maam; if there are any mattress's in need of cleaning. We prefer to start on those over your uph ,rug or tile cleaning. Reason is we want those drying first prior to other areas cleaned.
Now at this point you have subtley mentioned other service possibilities . Whilst pointing out your mattress cleaning service.
As you move into other areas sections of pvc pipe on top of boxspring will allow bottom to dry as well.
But nice photo's great work on floor preps and equipment clean and organized.
Attaboy !

Reactions: Brian H and Mike J

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Good question. I only do them if the customer asks. Then sometimes not the entire mattress gets cleaned, sometimes just one side. Usually its an accident, or if someone moved in and wants them cleaned. But rarely if ever did I clean for routine cleaining just to remover dander.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
got into the groove, little tricky with keeping the clean side clean when working.
Outdoor porch cushions
IMG_8785.jpeg
IMG_8788.jpeg
IMG_8789.jpeg

Luky

Name
Mario
First job, sectional. Was 30 minutes into cleaning the 2 pieces with all the cushions off. I flipped the one, did my vac and cleaned. Next flipped the other piece. Vacuumed pretty hard, a lot of hair.

All the sudden..... it looked like someone turned on the air mover because the bottom of the couch started moving hard, then Yep, a cat came darting out and gone. Scared the sh@t out of me.
View attachment 122377
The cat popped right out where my up tool is. (above)

View attachment 122378

Mayhem
I like doing furniture. I carry a small picnic table with adjustable legs. A slow and steady pace suits me 😉

20220521_163254.jpg

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Had to focus here to start off the day. Just when I was thinking maybe the mayhem was settling down.
Top one was a lot more difficult than bottom one. It took a while.
IMG_9196.jpeg
IMG_9199.jpeg

Name
Nate W.
I'd place a towel or type of barrier if placing something on a table or counter.. Ask me how I know...........! And no it wasn't me, but an employee did place a spotter bottle on a wood table.. I learn from others fook-ups.. :lol:

Reactions: KevinL and Brian H

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I'd place a towel or type of barrier if placing something on a table or counter.. Ask me how I know...........! And no it wasn't me, but an employee did place a spotter bottle on a wood table.. I learn from others fook-ups.. :lol:
Glass top is OK here for that fan. I have neoprene 1ftX1ft for spotter bottles, or fans if needed. How do you like that stump table?
Bottle on furniture, fired.
Rake standing upright against wall, fired
Sliding furniture with no slides, fired

Im having a hard time keeping help.

• Haha
Reactions: KevinL and BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
Bottle on furniture, fired.
Rake standing upright against wall, fired
Sliding furniture with no slides, fired

lol….but not whatever you feel is “ok” like tying hoses to a table with a vase in a stairwell or putting fans on a glass table.

I’d write you up/warn you for either

Reactions: KevinL

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
lol….but not whatever you feel is “ok” like tying hoses to a table with a vase in a stairwell or putting fans on a glass table.

I’d write you up/warn you for either
So.... In my defense, I have this entire house for a wall to wall carpet cleaning scheduled in October. This is a 5 year customer with 8 jobs completed, not including this one. It was an emergency pet spot job, all the way up at the top. I peeled off 100 feet of vac hose in one shot and worked it down. Took care of the spot that was worked on hard by the customer. I nailed it. Microban, PMF 1530 and some deodorizer, etc. Charged $60. Get the call today it wicked back. No problem, after 5oclock, I went back and padded it clean, and dry. Give me the ticket.

P.S. The wicked spots were not that bad. She was hoping to get bumped up on the schedule. Aint happening. She is thrilled.

IMG_9241.jpeg
And I will be securing the hoses the exact same way in a month. That iron stand is 8 ft tall, it aint moving. It lines it up perfect. And I microfibered the bottom of the fan. Just FYI.

Last edited:

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I think you need a longer belt my guy.. :lol:
That was to tether my solution line to save a trip, lol. I bypassed belts as I lost a few pounds, and one arm.
Now its suspenders. If you have to pull up your pants, your fired. Sucks to work for me.
IMG_9256.jpeg

• Haha

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
And that's why he works for himself.. Most of us would have been fired along time ago.. :lol:

Boston traded the Babe, everyone is entitled to make their own decisions.

IMG_9395.jpeg

I was never fired, and I never collected 1 day of unemployment my entire life. Had 1 job as a high speed ferry Captain (100 ton with radar endorsement) carrying at the time 250+ people in pea soup fog.
NO MISTAKES. I did get a paycheck and time off and health insurance, to start my family. 5 years of that. Other than that, alwalys had to produce my own money. Production is key word.

So everything is relative. Risking a store bought glass vase is petty to me, especially when I know what the risk was, none.

I quit that job one day over safey concerns of my own crew, passengers, vessel, and myself. Told them the day so they had a back up Captain and I quit. NO unemployment $, but a brand new Prochem Performer with 2 babies and my wife at home, and a PCQJ. Went knocking door to door. It worked.

This board has now made it easy for me, almost ready to run.

Name
Nate W.
I didn't mean anything by it.. A lot of cleaners work for themselves because they didn't like working other jobs..

I was literally born into this business.. From carpet cleaning, carpet dyeing, upholstery, water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, flooring sales and installation, in-plant rug cleaning, to correcting manufacture defects, flooring inspector, etc.. My pops done it all and would teach me about the problems he'd see weather it was a manufacture defect, in-house maintenance or installation defect..

I personally never did a strip & wax job as it doesn't pay enough to even mess with..

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I didn't mean anything by it.. A lot of cleaners work for themselves because they didn't like working other jobs..

I was literally born into this business.. From carpet cleaning, carpet dyeing, upholstery, water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, flooring sales and installation, in-plant rug cleaning, to correcting manufacture defects, flooring inspector, etc.. My pops done it all and would teach me about the problems he'd see weather it was a manufacture defect, in-house maintenance or installation defect..

I personally never did a strip & wax job as it doesn't pay enough to even mess with..
Thanks, lol, not like you got my goat or anything. I know you know more about the science for sure. Glad im catching on.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Actually, strip, seal and wax pays great as long as you charge enough. Still hate doing it though.

Reactions: KevinL

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Actually, strip, seal and wax pays great as long as you charge enough. Still hate doing it though.
Seems likes that is another industry, the few I knew only did strip and was, no cleaning. They called me and vice versa.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Reactions: Nate The Great

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
First job, sectional. Was 30 minutes into cleaning the 2 pieces with all the cushions off. I flipped the one, did my vac and cleaned. Next flipped the other piece. Vacuumed pretty hard, a lot of hair.

All the sudden..... it looked like someone turned on the air mover because the bottom of the couch started moving hard, then Yep, a cat came darting out and gone. Scared the sh@t out of me.
View attachment 122377
The cat popped right out where my uph tool is. (above)

View attachment 122378

Mayhem
He thought he had a good hiding place when the strange man came in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom