Seeing if I can post a picture

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes, it's a Shark vacuum. Which vacuums just as good as my Dyson. Great vacuum! Only thing is, the edging attachment is not as well designed as the Dyson's is, so I still prefer the Dyson.

I don't think I have ever seen a "pretty" TM. Those that some may think of as pretty are so over-engineered that they break down and are hard to fix. So, give me "ugly" any day.

Butler still makes a purty van...

butler2.jpg

butler2.jpg

Attachments

• butler2.jpg
    butler2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 95

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
When all is said and done, the pretty trucks are there to impress other cleaners more than the clients. As long as they are functional, and paid for, and you can fit in the necessary tools, that's what counts. Then, just keep it neat, clean and well signed. We bring a few tools into the house and the hoses, and as long as everything performs in the house, sprays and sucks, etc, the job will get done. After the job, its all about the marketing/pre and post. I've seen some guys with the "latest" equip and I'd never hire them.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes, functionality is key. Ugly is not even a consideration.

I want a truck I can work in and practically live in. I want the front to be my office on wheels and the back to be a combination of a warehouse and work shop.

I don't think I will ever find the perfect set-up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When all is said and done, the pretty trucks are there to impress other cleaners more than the clients. As long as they are functional, and paid for, and you can fit in the necessary tools, that's what counts. Then, just keep it neat, clean and well signed. We bring a few tools into the house and the hoses, and as long as everything performs in the house, sprays and sucks, etc, the job will get done. After the job, its all about the marketing/pre and post. I've seen some guys with the "latest" equip and I'd never hire them.
Yes i sort of agree. Although I think a new truck says stability to the clients vs a beater leaking tranny fluid in their drive. Then pretty trucks to me are reliable and while having no payments is nice, you can get nickled and dimed (I've been there) to death costing you plenty when a truck is out of commission.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes, functionality is key. Ugly is not even a consideration.

I want a truck I can work in and practically live in. I want the front to be my office on wheels and the back to be a combination of a warehouse and work shop.

I don't think I will ever find the perfect set-up.
Yep you spent so much time working out of a truck I want it to be nice. Power windows, power locks, AC, nice sound system. :icon_cool:

hogjowl

Idiot™
It is funny how each board develops it's on personality. LIke this place is mainly older, more experienced, but asshole cleaners and *** seems to be younger, less experienced and somewhat googly eyed cleaners. I'd take equipment advice here over what I would get there, but I would go there for electronic help and gadget advice.

But ... seeing Amtex recommended over there does not make me feel very comfortable ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom