Seeking Advice

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I was called to do a spot cleaning in this newly installed commercial carpet.

Most spots lightened up dramatically. But the client was noticing the spots after tamping and removing.

I went to grab my Phoenix and did a light cleaning to even out the carpet. Well, it became a noticeable area where I cleaned versus the rest of the office.

Went back today and HWE with no pretreat. Just an acid rinse. Has anyone been through this? I recommended a full office cleaning but I don’t think it will make a difference.

Also, they did some painting but the client said it was installed after the painting.

0320A866-3F05-4D95-B400-1CA44D47078F.jpeg C9F554ED-A40A-4F98-B6D6-D808B95D34B5.jpeg 6F114F0F-1735-4ADF-8CAF-E738FF594584.jpeg B5439C7E-707A-4E9C-8F55-670BB205E43D.jpeg 6A94E31A-0E10-42D7-BCD7-E591D519CB7A.jpeg B30E916B-D293-401A-9B16-F343D64A5E46.jpeg B176C220-16EC-4456-B137-93A7412BB19F.jpeg 226A2C20-4F12-4B9B-8DB7-6F20BE9D474D.jpeg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
newly installed
I went to grab my Phoenix and did a light cleaning to even out the carpet. Well, it became a noticeable area where I cleaned versus the rest of the office.

what timeframe does "newly" installed mean?
days or weeks?
a month or more of traffic from the parking lot??

was it a "cleaner" area when done, or pile shift around difference from the orbital action?

..L.T.A.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
The bright spots are how the whole office should look. It was their decision, contrary to your advice, not to clean the whole office.

You shouldn't have tamped :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa John and LCCFL

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
what timeframe does "newly" installed mean?
days or weeks?
a month or more of traffic from the parking lot??

was it a "cleaner" area when done, or pile shift around difference from the orbital action?

..L.T.A.
Installed less than a month.

It was cleaner. As you see the area after cleaning with the wand. It was darker. So I was dry vacuuming a section to see if it was dust but the carpet was bone dry. So there was not much coming up.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
There was some construction guys cutting wood and tracking in dried dirt and dust onto the wet carpet. 😡

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
In cases like that where spot cleaning is demanded, I let them mark each spot with a post it note, then only use upholstery tool on the exact spot, don't even break out the wand. Also, when carpets (and upholstery) are in the drying process, sometimes looks pretty blotchy. Usually blends in nice when 100% dry.

Reactions: LCCFL and Mikey P

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
In cases like that where spot cleaning is demanded, I let them mark each spot with a post it note, then only use upholstery tool on the exact spot, don't even break out the wand. Also, when carpets (and upholstery) are in the drying process, sometimes looks pretty blotchy. Usually blends in nice when 100% dry.
GC made it worse tracking in dirt and leaving foot prints.

Mikey P

Administrator
Looks like carpet tiles?

I'd reclean the whole floor with the PHX and PCP mixed strong, use Microfiber and finish up with some Glads.

Reactions: LCCFL

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Most soil that is tracked in can be removed with a vacuum or light cleaning.

The lighter spots look like color loss. Did anyone else put something on these spots prior to your arrival? Maybe the painters spilled some paint and used something to clean it up. The residue from the cleaning product attracted soiling, the spots you see, and they called you.

You rinsed the spots out and the carpet dye that was affected by their cleaning product rinsed out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom