SEO do it yourself

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Anyone have any "key words" that they have found work? I am pretty high ranked so far in my area, but I would like to get it better. Like, be the top for almost all searches

We have had a website for years and never were anywhere on google or yahoo. Then the web guy in mY BNI group told me to do several things to get better SEO.

1. at the bottom of every page do a copy right and your company name thing.
2. use "meta tags" on your pictures
3. in the content of your pages include your city name and the name of your company. He said to do it in a natural way not just listed.
He highly recommended against using lists and lists of keywords. he said that Google bots are looking for and at content.
Since we took his advice our company is in the top one to five natural search positions on Google.
It has been awesome.

I can now track jobs every month from being googled.
Melissa

latinguy2004

I think now that Google offers local search results, it is more important to make sure that your business listing with them is fully optimized.

If you haven't already set up your listing go to https://www.google.com/local/add/login? ... n_US&gl=US
and set it up there.

Make sure you fill out every single box and try to include your keywords however you can.

Also use up all the pictures and videos. I've noticed that the ones that are completely filled out get better placement at the top.

Another thing is that you can edit your company name to reflect what services you offer. For example mine is "Ultra Clean Carpet Systems- Carpet Cleaning, Carpet Cleaners, Tile and Grout" so everytime they search for any of those terms in my city, I come up at the top.

Once you finally get it set up, get your clients to write reviews for you. Most of the time, the one with the most reviews gets placed at the top.

A

Axeman

Some people get very excited when they are ranked No1 for CC (area), but they don't even know how many searches per day for that phrase.

So before going to all the bother know what your yield will be, and if low you are going to have to do more phrases.

I reckon I get 2-3 searches/day for my area. :cry:

A

Axeman

ps I don't remember putting my logo up. Must have been on the JD :roll:

C

clean image

hello fred,

so if i understand you right,
only 20 organic visits, and the rest 40 or so was reffered, or clicked on from another site?

and what % of those visited were turned into jobs?

carl

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Kevin, to help you with the keywords, sign up for the google adwords www.adwords.google.com. Their's a keyword tool that will tell you the number of searches for your keywords. It's no cost to sign up, only if you run a campaign. Keywords should be "service 'city'.

Just took a quick look at your site. You need to put the cities you serve on every page as well as your services. Also, your title should have your chosen keyword for that particular page ex: "carpet cleaning 'city'. If you got some extra cash I would just give it to Andrechelle. Fred is right about being in a good link exchange group which they appear to have.

Fred, I guess the way people search on the net is different per region. When I did the adwords I got very little out of it and content searches were pretty much nothing. Organic is working well for me in this area. Not to mention "carpet cleaning San Jose" is up to about 7 bucks in adwords. With that said, it's not a bad idea to have some kind of internet paid advertisement. I just signed up for the yellowpages.com. I'm kinda starting over now and need a little boost.

Albert

Albert

A

Axeman

Ew Siamese Fighting Fish, love those fish.

Once you get over the idea that CC (area) is not many searches per day, you can then start looking at other services and perms/synonyms etc like rug cleaning (area) steam cleaning (area) and create seperate pages optimised for each.

People do it with adwords then don't do it for organic search optimisation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom