SEO providers

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Move to Ankeny or Des Moines. You will never get it done for the maps living in Huxley.
How about you send me a little Hickory Park BBQ. Are you trying to beat up the Rice Brothers over at Service Master. They gave me my start. I cleaned most of the downtown high-rises in college.
One of the challenges we have is that we are located in a very small town, about 2500 people. We live in close proximity to Ames, IA (9 miles north) and Des Moines is about 25 miles south with the northernmost and largest suburb of Des Moines being 10 miles south of us. We are in an awesome spot to serve central Iowa but I have at least 8-10 competitors that are located within these larger markets. Any advice to get high placement on the map? Adwords is great, but expensive. I'm sure it will be a large part of what we do for the near future.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Damon
I wonder if categories with lots of image searches would trigger Carousel listings? Most of the categories you listed would make me think yes.

Also, are you retired from cleaning? Do you ever see yourself wanding again?

The majority of the categories are hospitality and food industries, yes. I have found some odd ball categories such as Piano Lessons, Deep Sea Fishing <city>, Museum <large metro="" city="">, best comedy movies, and quite a few other odd ball searches will trigger a carousel search.

A pretty vague list is :

• Venues
  • Museums
  • Clubs
  • Bars
  • Restaurants
  • Best restaurants
  • (type of food) Restaurants
  • Colleges
  • Food Delivery
  • Movie Theaters
  • Bowling Alleys
  • Events
  • Fast food
  • Stadiums
  • Hotels
  • Grocery Stores
  • Video Rental
  • Art Galleries
  • Things to do in (city)
  • Wine / Liquor stores
  • Golf courses
  • Dog Parks
  • City Parks
  • Bakeries
  • Sports Team Rosters

There hasn't been any other announcements of other categories as of yet. Right now carousel results show for barely 1% of the unique search queries that are made world wide. From all that I've read how you do SEO now, and how to prepare for the possibility of carousel are pretty similar. It seems those that have physical locations may have a bit of an advantage, and how close they are to the center of the city may play into it as well.

</large></city>

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
....but I don't WANT to live in Ankeny or Des Moines Tom, that would make me even further from Hickory Park ;-). I don't know those Rice brothers but you can tell them "the Kid is coming for 'em". Seriously though, we ARE bursting at the seems here at our place and have started looking at homes. We have 12 and 3 year old boys and kind of like the smaller towns to live and go to school in. Ankeny is EXPLODING however with population and we are poised to take a big wet bite out of the work down there!

The Clean Machine

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I wonder if categories with lots of image searches would trigger Carousel listings? Most of the categories you listed would make me think yes.

Also, are you retired from cleaning? Do you ever see yourself wanding again?

Carousel is considered an Image Carousel. Google will only place companies on the carousel if they have high resolution photos, and their Google+ profile should be COMPLETELY filled out. What interests me is the ability for the user to filter by price, ratings, and wondering if/how they are going to apply those filters to SABs. Most likely by user rating which is why reviews, high resolution photos, and keeping your website updated will be big priority, as well as working on organic rankings and consider pay-per-click/adwords which you should already be doing and considering.

As far as me re-entering the field and being on a truck again or starting another company I don't see myself doing that. I enjoy the industry, and it has been good to me but I have always loved computers, the internet and things alike more.

Reactions: thecleaningdude

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom