Seriousley.......WTH....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
......has happened to quality in this industry........I have noticed that over the last year ..buying things and expecting them to last like they use to has has been slowly going down the toilet...and in the last month ..someone just finally flushed it.......

and in the end....it will be the distributors that are going to pay the price.....
no one is going to listen to us cleaners..are far as most are concerned we are just above a south Bronx taxi cab driver...distributors are the spokes person for us and unless they start getting a hold of the people that are giving them shit products to give to us.......and start changing them...it will force us to look else where......

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Rogers

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
he's just a little fish in a sea of sharks....but......the difference is.....you go over there and read where people are having problems with bad parts......he will jump right on it and make it right and send out the good stuff to everyone who bought the bad....and that is what keeps him from being eaten........

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Funny thing. He is replacing 300' of vac hose that is just not right. Cool cuffs won't screw on them.

Piece of cake. New hose on the way and keep the stuff I have that was wrong

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
What broke this time Jim? Have you had the swivel on your rotovac wear out yet?

Rotovac is holding up really good riding around taking up a spot in the back of the truck.......

In the last month.......I have gone threw 8 shut off valves....3 brand new insulated female and male..quick connects.....and don't even get me started on cuffs......sticky tabs went from the last 1/3 not perforated and tearing apart...to...after the first 2 or 3 rows you better have something on you to start cutting them with.......

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I thought it was just me with those crapy sticky tabs. You have to hold them up to see where you need to rip them apart.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I thought it was just me with those crapy sticky tabs. You have to hold them up to see where you need to rip them apart.

nope..not just you.this problem has fallen onto deaf ears more then once..........

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Haven't had a bad roll of tabs in nearly two years. Did you just buy them? Wonder if you just got really old stock. As for the quick connects which ones are you using? Haven't had a single problem with Parkers's now the safe connects are not nearly as good since Hydroforce went with the Chinese quick connect instead of the Parkers's they used to use. Ball valves again which ones? There are ok ones and bad ones none of them are really designed to handle how much we use them but can really comment without knowing who h ones your using. Let me know how I can help.

Reactions: GCCLee

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
View attachment 1576

I've been liking these shutoffs lately, Jim. What kind are you using?

these...

econo-ball-valve_ah56_sm-1_zpsef659995.jpg

they use to last me a easy..6 to 8 months.....and now they don't seem like they like pressure anymore.....and they went from a plastic..shut off knob..to a heavy metal one....you so much as look at this thing crossed eyed and the screw snaps and the shut off knob breaks off.......not to mention...metal and tile are not a good combination....if you lay this thing down and it moves just a little across a tile floor it will leave a mark that is a bitch to get out........

where do you get yours.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

The sticky tab problem has been brought up about 3 different times....not just from me but from others different directions across the US from me......this is not an isolated problem...

quick connects....I like these....been using them since I started cleaning carpets....

as56a_lg_zps2a9d1d79.jpg

I had some that the plastic coating was just about wore off before they finally went out...now you don't even scratch the shine and they are junk....( and no I don't drag or drop mine ).......

shut off valves see pick above......

I don't know who make them or where they are being made...nothing is marked....all I know is I am tired of wasting money on crap that is falling apart faster then I can use them....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
these...

econo-ball-valve_ah56_sm-1_zpsef659995.jpg

they use to last me a easy..6 to 8 months.....and now they don't seem like they like pressure anymore.....
where do you get yours.........

Yeah, those are crap. Kleenpro1 has an active eBay listing 200672633402 item number for these brass ones for 9.50 each. They seem to last pretty well. I also like the Italian jobs 200724387780

View attachment 1577

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Jim, pm your address and I will send you a parker shut off that I have using for a while. And yes I drag them, drop, bang, and abuse them.

It would be nice for me to help you for a change.

Sent from my GT-P5113

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The sticky tab problem has been brought up about 3 different times....not just from me but from others different directions across the US from me......this is not an isolated problem...

quick connects....I like these....been using them since I started cleaning carpets....

as56a_lg_zps2a9d1d79.jpg

I had some that the plastic coating was just about wore off before they finally went out...now you don't even scratch the shine and they are junk....( and no I don't drag or drop mine ).......

shut off valves see pick above......

I don't know who make them or where they are being made...nothing is marked....all I know is I am tired of wasting money on crap that is falling apart faster then I can use them....

yep the problem with the safe connects started about 2 years ago when hydroforce stopped using Parker's and went Chinese. I agree 100% I have tried and tried to get them to go back to Parker's but it has fallen on deaf ears. The black handle valves are decent as long as they are the Italian ball valves. The Parker's are even better. As for the sticky tabs I am not saying the problem didn't or doesn't exist just it has been a long time since I have had a batch that was bad. I go through he. Pretty quick and only order a couple months worth at a time so that's why I was asking where you bought them as maybe they still have inventory from the bad batch/batches.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

so what do you recommend that I use.............seeing how the quality has gone straight to hell......

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Well as for the safe connects your kinda stuck as hydroforce owns the patent and no one else makes one. As for ball valves the what has been recommended are all good ones. I just re read your post and someone got you on the ball valves. They sold you the Chinese ones on place of the Italian ones. The good ones still look like your picture and sill have plastic handles. If they told you they changed they are mistaken or just plan lying as they didn't change they just ordered cheaper ones.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Ok I will have to figure out what to do in the quick connect....I am going to order the shut off valves that Art and Anthony suggested and see how they work......

Now can you talk to who ever made the flash cuff and tell them to get it together and dial them things in a bit better....they wont even hold onto my wand...forward stroke and the hose is on the ground......the distributor here in town.....( you know...my spokesman ) told me just to wrap tape at the end of my wand.....how about we just fix the things so they work right....tighter grip...easier latch... and when someone gets that fixed....don't stop at good enough like they already have...lets make some quality reducers and adapters....

I was under the impression that they wanted there own cuff to not have to deal with cool cuffs any more....if that is the case...then why don't we take the time and make them better..with just a bit of tweaking...they could rule the cuff world........( and no...I am not the only one having this problem either ).......

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've had much better luck with shut off valves from home depot than i ever did with any of the carpet supplier valves including that $25 one.

They are only rated to 600 psi but i use them pretty regularly up to 1200 psi for tile with no problems.

A dab of super glue on the nut that holds the handle on and the valve lasts until I'm ready to replace the hose. They cost about $7. I use Goodyear Neptune so i replace my main section about every 12-15 months to avoid black death.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: BLewis and Mikey P

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
unless you and joe can kiss and make up.....

Joe has the plastics that can go on just about any QD.....just get the blank heat it up and tap it on....http://www.realcleaners.com/quick_connects.html

on the valves....look inside...is it a simple 6 way or....allen set or is it a 5 way....looking from the flow in, side of it....

The main problem i have found is that the stop or teflon o-ring in there screws up and then it just turns past, so you have to get it right on....

i have seen those brass ones at my hose disty to....thought about them, but seems like that little handle area would snag on things....

Mikey P

Administrator
Reactions: GCCLee

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
switzerland, i tell you...

unless someone attacks my clocks or chocolate, we are good.....:headbang:

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I feel your pain Jim. A lot of what I buy does not hold up or is something that I am being used to beta test. It seems that as soon as I pull the trigger on a major purchase there is a new revised model or fix that I didn’t get. Rotovac, hoss, Bentley wands etc... I will say that the manufactures and suppliers have usually stepped up and taken care of it, Olson and John at Mytee at the top of the list. Two thumbs up to those guys. But I totally agree that a allot of the stuff we buy usually does not hold up very well. Its a shame because we usually get ripped off paying inflated prices for stuffed rigged out of common materials used in the carwash and similar industry that is rebranded or assembled and then marketed to us.

As for the shut offs I have been using the regulators you recommended here a while back. They work great especially when dual wanding and one of us is cleaning upholstery and needs less pressure than the one running the wand. I have been using two for about 6 months and just had one start to give me a bit of trouble but I am looking into rebuild kits.

View attachment 1581

Back
Top Bottom