Seriously, how does the CFM thing work?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Is there any reason for me to get 2.5 in hose, and still run a 1.5 in whip and wand?

I really don't like the 2 in wands. I think they are too bulky. I get this carpet-tunnel thing going on in my wrist if I use one all day long.

What are my restrictions, does it help running big-hose to little hose? If it doesn't, then why do I put 2" hose into 1.5" hose instead of running 1.5 all the way? Why do I have a big honkin' hose running from my filter box to my waste tank? (at least 2.5")

Just a simple answer is all I'm looking for. I tried reading the huge CFM debate about blowers "snapping" and empty space in the waste tank and 1.5 vs: 2.5 and who's mother wears army boots, and I couldn't quite follow it. Both arguments made sense, and both arguments were over my head.

Thanks a bundle.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
just put your big girl panties on and use that 2" with the glide...hell it aint that much bigger

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I was wondering how much easier the 1.75 wand would be to handle. I have got to invest in a good wand pretty soon but I'm a little nervous about using a two incher all day. :oops: I guess I'll probably just man up and get a two inch greenhorn when I get some extra flow $$$.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The bigger wand would be easier to use with a modified grip. Greenie has made one up. I made my own. Its a lot easier on the wrist than trying to wrap my hand around the 2" pipe and then pull the trigger.

CFM is good, need lots of airflow to the wand /carpet interface (WCI) where the suction is created, ie the restriction. It increases the speed of the air coming through the mouth of the wand, or holes in the glide if you have one. The faster the air is moving into the wand the more water it will draw in with it, thats why the holes dry so much better than the slots which are better than the bare wand.

Using a 1 1/2" whip or wand takes away the airflow, creates suction before the WCI. The wand will really whistle but thats not where the performance is required.

I think I got this correct. :D

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Joey;

There are 2 ways to go:

1. Wand w/1.75 tube and SS feather-action valve.
. Available w/ Greenie's angle bracket & 4 or 5 jets.

2. Wand with 2" tube and Gunjet on top for easy actuation.
. Available w/ Greenie's angle bracket & 4 or 5 jets.

Larry Cobb

Rex Tyus

I was wondering how much easier the 1.75 wand would be to handle. I have got to invest in a good wand pretty soon but I'm a little nervous about using a two incher all day. I guess I'll probably just man up and get a two inch greenhorn when I get some extra flow $$$.

Joey I have a 2" 16" PMF you can borrow to get the feel of a 2" wand. It is no Green horn but it rocks for vacant residential. POS on CGD though.

I also have a couple of cast aluminum 1.75" x 12" if you want to try one of them. Call me or PM if you want to check them out. I don't want to sell them but I would let you use them to get the feel to see what suits you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom