Service Magic.....WTF?

Jackeyed

FCC said:
As if there weren't enough hacks on there:

Dear Valued ServiceMagic Member,

As part of our commitment to listen and respond to our customers needs, we are implementing some changes to our General Liability insurance requirements. Going forward, ServiceMagic will no longer require General Liability insurance for Carpet & Fabric Cleaning tasks. This comes as a result of hearing feedback from professionals like you, and from our own research and due diligence that concluded such a change will not be detrimental to our homeowners.

Thank you for participating in the ServiceMagic community and providing your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to a long term partnership.

Regards,

The ServiceMagic Customer Service Team

Translation:
We are losing contractors daily. We have now resorted to lowering our standards and our commitment to the customer so we can fill our pockets with even more unearned money.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i hope everyone contacts their sm rep and raises holy heck with them i did
nobody says anything nothing will happen
RD

dgargan

I called my rep right away when I got the email. I told them to be prepared for some bad press when the uninsured hacks start cleaning. Very bad decision on their part.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
As stated above they are desperate.

We're happy w/out them.

Fred Homan

They keep ******* calling me leaving voice mails hoping I will call them back....WTF!!!!

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
dgargan said:
I called my rep right away when I got the email. I told them to be prepared for some bad press when the uninsured hacks start cleaning. Very bad decision on their part.

If you think they care about anything we tell them, then I have some good prespray to sell you. I have gone round and round with them about several things of which was some of the contractors that I have gone behind after the fact. SM is strictly a numbers game. They need 3 contractors per request to maximize their profit. They pay $5 a click from google and then sell them for $39. They could care less.

I had to change my CC # over a month ago for something unrelated to them and never gave them the new one. There was an outstanding bill of $36 so they turned off my account. It has been nice not having to deal with them. I had a buddy refer one of SM leads that he couldn't close for tile the other day and got reminded real quick what I was missing - "Can you clean my dog urine stained porcelain floor for .40/ sq ft". :roll:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
never like sm from day one to me seemed like a bit of an upfront scam, just dont like how they prvide lead to three co and let the three co lowbid the sht out of each other.

duckster

They have a shrinking base of true businesses willing to add them as a marketing tool. Now they are just digging deeper and going past the bottom the barrel to the snails and slugs living under the container of quality carpet/upholstery/hardfloor service companies.

It's called survival. Not excusing it, just saying look at the general economy and see that this is not an isolated solution being incorporated into today's business survival kit.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
this year i have gotten 2 or 3 new clients from them....the previous 2 years only 2 clients. vast majority are price shoppers of course. the ones that pick me aren't :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom