Service Master and Judson

Greenie

That helicoil is BAD!

Do you think there is hope it will make it's way into truckmounts this decade, I know it's much more expensive, would a cleaner pay more for it? I think they might.

Going from Cu's (Jerry Valentine) series of silencers oh his Reactor to a single muffler is a profound statement, the triflow must be quite a bit quieter.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
looks like a nice clean well thought out unit, however its missing one thing, the radiator and the middle of the front panel look nacked, it needs some sort of mesh grill to finish it off, besides what if a tech stands the wand up against the side door it falls over right into the middle of the radiator.

so it has one $5 thermostat to keep from overheating, is there any type of diverter valve for water extraction, is there any type of preheat water box that uses an orfice to bypass some water off the main HX to preheat the water??

Name
Nate W.
steve g said:
looks like a nice clean well thought out unit, however its missing one thing, the radiator and the middle of the front panel look nacked, it needs some sort of mesh grill to finish it off, besides what if a tech stands the wand up against the side door it falls over right into the middle of the radiator.

so it has one $5 thermostat to keep from overheating, is there any type of diverter valve for water extraction, is there any type of preheat water box that uses an orfice to bypass some water off the main HX to preheat the water??

Wouldn't a lion outline for the cover look awesome? :D

Greenie

steve g said:

The laser cut rad cover adds $5000 to the machine, so sign right here and I'll get it done....okay...how about $500? It can be added pretty easily, with your purchase what would you like the laser cutting to say, Co. name? It's your $500, you make the rules sir.

As for flood work, just don't turn on the pump clutch, no issues at all with the HX system, it's not a an 800ºf system, the radiator takes care of everything.

steve g said:

The radiator has a protective cover on it that is heavy duty.

100_3026jpgCOVER.jpg

All this unit has, is this five dollar car thermostat to prevent it from overheating. That's it, nothing else is on this unit but this car thermostat.

Reactor_Install_006.jpg

The main heat exchanger has the engine coolent water running through it. Then the water goes to the cleaning water heat exchanger then past the radiator to the bottom of the engine.
When you release the trigger and the water stops in the secondary heat exchanger the temperature will increase until the thermostat opens, at this time the water will then flow through the radiator. Taking heat out of water is what a radiator was designed for anyway.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Mr. Jones,

Your truckmounts are impressive and seem to be very well engineered. I've heard nothing but good about them for years from other carpet cleaners I talk with.

You and your father are to be commended for your dedication to our industry!

I wish you success with Servicemaster.

I too am currently awaiting complete evaluation of a couple of our electric truckmounts purchased by a national CC franchise here in the U.S.

Scott Rogers

Les, how hot is the coolant where it reenters the engine? Is the Radiator able to get the temp back down to normal levels before it reenters the engine.

how hot does the coolant get when running through the engine exhaust exchanger?

Seems like a very interesting way to control max temp in the final exchanger, I like it. But I am concerned with the possibility of over heating the engine or cutting the life of the engine by running it close to max operating temp on a consistent basis. I have always been told heat was one of the fstest killers of these small engines.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i run mine all day full bore, on jobs lasting from 45mins to 4hrs never had a over heating problem

the only problem iv had is from people not understanding the ad,s on the van for judson and greelglides
guess im just proud of what i have ....it helps that they are very nice people to

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Leslie Judson Jones said:
The main heat exchanger has the engine coolent water running through it. Then the water goes to the cleaning water heat exchanger then past the radiator to the bottom of the engine.
When you release the trigger and the water stops in the secondary heat exchanger the temperature will increase until the thermostat opens, at this time the water will then flow through the radiator. Taking heat out of water is what a radiator was designed for anyway.

boy that is clear as mud!!!! so is cleaning water running through the engine block and radiator?? is there any green stuff in the radiator?? perhaps you could draw a diagram on how the flow works because if anything I am more confused now.

DRScrivner

steve g said:
is there any green stuff in the radiator??
I do agree that is was not clear to a dumbass redneck like me either. But if you look at the 9th picture down there is some damn near radioactive green fluid in an overflow bottle. Since I rode the short bus to school I can only assume (maybe incorrectly) that it is coolant overflow for the radiator.

TimP

Quite obvious that there is a coolant heat exhanger. But not so obvious if there is an exhaust exchanger too.....and what the safeties would be on the exhaust exchanger.

Scott Rogers

the way i under stand it is there is a exhaust exchanger that heats up the coolant, then the hot collant goes to a liquid to liquid heat exchanger so the hot coolant heats the cleaning solution. The hot coolant then goes to the radiator then back into the motor as cool coolant :D

TimP

In that case I'd want to make sure that the radiator was larger than normal. Secondly I'd want to make sure that the coolant can handle the heat. I've heard some can't handle heat to certain temps.

But that sounds like a good and smart way create a heat exchange system.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
DRScrivner said:
steve g said:
is there any green stuff in the radiator??
I do agree that is was not clear to a dumbass redneck like me either. But if you look at the 9th picture down there is some damn near radioactive green fluid in an overflow bottle. Since I rode the short bus to school I can only assume (maybe incorrectly) that it is coolant overflow for the radiator.

they did say the water goes to the bottom of the engine?? I heard mention that only cool water was going through the water pump, and I know that $5 thermostat isn't designed to hold back 500 PSI. again I am more confused about how this machine heats the water.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I think what he is saying is that there is no exhaust exchanger, so no excessive temps to worry about. And there is a liquid to liquid exchanger. So no cleaning water enters the engine, the cleaning water and antifreeze are isolated in the exchanger, and only heat is transfered into the cleaning water. Two seperate water paths and only cold water through the high pressure pump. great design in my opinion.

Supersucker

Maybe I can splain it better?
Les correct me if I got it wrong.

You got coolant coming out of the motor, then into an exhaust heat exchanger where it picks up heat. Because the coolant is at say 20-30psi this is a rather thin-walled exchanger constructed of bronze for efficient heat transfer.

From there the super-heated coolant goes to an exchanger to pass the heat off to the cleaning solution which is already pressurized. This is a stainless, high pressure exchanger.

Now the coolant will circulate through the thermostat, then radiator, thence back to the motor.

TimP

The coolant isn't pressurized but what is normal from a water pump. The coolant is transfering heat from the exhaust exchanger like the oil in the vortex. Then to the glycol exchanger which the cleaning side is pressurized the heating side isn't. Cold water comes into the pump and out to the exchanger then to the carpet. If it works as advertised and is reliable....it's probably the most creative way to heat water in a TM I've heard of.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I submit to you ALL — Could you really need less vacuum than you already have, as opposed to more?

How many of you have ever taken the time to do a "clear tube attached to your cleaning wand" test, to actually see the water recovery process take place, at your wand, while you are cleaning?

If so, pleased report your test details, and the results and your conclusions.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
WOw! I have never seen that up close pics of the reactor before! I am impressed. So is this judson version of a heat exchange unit? Why doesnt judson push this unit? since it is comparable to what most guys are running. Forget the C4 this thing is hot

Ryan

Woah.... Judson makes a pretty truck mount! That doesn't need propane.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
i just looked at judson site and the reactor is not on there....... Les why dont you make it anymore? It is very nice! I think im getting stuck on judson now. damn i cant ever make up my mind on anything. I just need to go for it and get a judson. I think I like my TCs cause its the only TM's i have ever bought. things are changing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom