Service Monster on a Droid...

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
There are not to many windows based phones out there. I have 2 different models. I like droid to, but the windows phone lets me open ad proofs, word files powerpoint so much easier.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Mikey P said:
can it be done with out IE 5.0?

Yes, I use the mobile version daily.

I have documents to go for accessing/editing word, powerpoint, PDF's, excel.

Ryan

Mikey I have a motorola droid from Verizon and if you can open a web page with your PC then you can open it with the droid for the most part. Sometimes flash stuff is a little tricky, but there are several apps that let you open anything. I get on online quickbooks with mine all the time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am going to purchase a mini laptop and use that out in the field. A phone is nice but still too small of a screen for me.
The size difference isn't enough to make it a PITA but it is enough to make it a "real" internet experience. IMO.

Or I might have to get the new Sprint EVO.
It might be big enough to be ok and It can do anything. shiteatinggrin

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Verizon has the Motorola Droid X with the big 4.3" screen, if you prefer slick user interfaces then the upcoming Verizon Fascinate made by Samsung with the 4" screen should be considered.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
cool, it will take some time to get used to its a little different format... it works better on opera browser than internet explorer on my phone.. thanks mikey..

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
great news, I knew they had plans to bring it out earlier this year.

I got a HP mini 311 lap top at the end of last year but its a pain having to connect everytime while out on the road.

Terry

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Wow, I feel special I've been using it since about a week after I signed up in March. shiteatinggrin

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Unfrippinbelievable. I second why Joe didn't send this out. The droid can also be a stand alone wi-fi hot spot-no teathering needed. Just in case you have a laptop or netbook.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep, I canceled my Net Book Air card to save $50 a month and pay $20 to have my Droid act as it's WIFI.

Listened to tunes on Pandora all day today with it. Ear phones act like a Blue Tooth with their own mike in case some one calls while I'm rocking out.

Coolest toy I've bought since my XR

Mikey P

Administrator
Just let the Full Circle Girls know about my Droid.

Now I'll get updates through out the day about schedule changes, recording of after hours messages from customers, the ability to look at invoices and estimates all in the privacy of the clients bath room.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Ok Guys, ultimately I realize this is our fault (you not knowing about ServiceMonster Mobile (SMM)). But we did send emails, make posts on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/servicemonster.net), and spoke with many of our customers about this. We released a beta in November and while we are not “officially” releasing it yet (internal systems need to be addressed), it has been production ready for sometime.

http://m.servicemonster.net

We officially support SMM on iPhones and Balckberrys (or is it Blackberries) although it should work on any browser enabled phone.

What ServiceMonster Mobile ISN’T:
It is not: ServiceMonster on your phone.
It is not: A Complete version of ServiceMonster
It is not: An accounts receivable application.

The biggest complaint we have is: “I can’t edit my order on ServiceMonster mobile.” This is true and is unlikely to change due to the hardware and networks currently available.

Then what the heck IS Service Monster Mobile?
It’s a great resource to;
See what your schedule looks like for a given day.
Get routing info or map your location to our next job.
Find a customer, their order history, order history details, and their notes.
Create a quick Job to place on the schedule (this will create a blank order).

While we are on the subject: ServiceMonster and iPads.
There was a great thread here last month where ServiceMonster users talked about using ServiceMonster on the iPad with logmein. We have had many questions about a native iPad application. I think the iPad concept is going to be a major factor for Residential Service professionals in the years to come, but iPad is not ready. Not yet.

And yes, the next generation of ServiceMonster will be cross platform. We are already working on it for internal tools and the results are extremely impressive. That all I have to say about that.

If you would like to use ServiceMonster mobile, send support an email request. They will send you some info on configuration.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to make ServiceMonster the beast it is!

- Joe Monster.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom