Service Monster questions

Walt

Our current software set up is lame. And I certainly have a weakness in keeping in contact with customers. I only do one mailer a year. (oddly they still keep calling)

Does Service Monster really work that well? Does it make sense for a really busy, one truck company? Frequently my wife fields calls away from her desk - is that a problem? I like what I see, but I don't want to get down a road that I'm committed to unless I very sure.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Walt said:
Our current software set up is lame. And I certainly have a weakness in keeping in contact with customers. I only do one mailer a year. (oddly they still keep calling)

Does Service Monster really work that well? Does it make sense for a really busy, one truck company? Frequently my wife fields calls away from her desk - is that a problem? I like what I see, but I don't want to get down a road that I'm committed to unless I very sure.

I'm in the same position you are. I started a thread asking who was using what and what the best was. I got two replies about service monster but know specifics. The eternal commitment is what I'm wondering about.

nickreal

I've been pretty happy with it. I only run one truck as well. I wouldn't say it's an eternal commitment. You can easily export all your service monster data into quickbooks. If you have a call come in mid day and run it, you will just have to use a generic invoice or something to bill the client and you wont have the client history with you that SM provides. Fielding calls out of the office you just have to do the old fashioned way with pen and paper until you get back to the office. SM really needs to work on a iphone or palm app to create accounts and orders out of the office. They do a great job of providing the small guys data base with all the info the big companies have. Try it you wont be disappointed.

Rick N.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
nickreal said:
I've been pretty happy with it. I only run one truck as well. I wouldn't say it's an eternal commitment. You can easily export all your service monster data into quickbooks. If you have a call come in mid day and run it, you will just have to use a generic invoice or something to bill the client and you wont have the client history with you that SM provides. Fielding calls out of the office you just have to do the old fashioned way with pen and paper until you get back to the office. SM really needs to work on a iphone or palm app to create accounts and orders out of the office. They do a great job of providing the small guys data base with all the info the big companies have. Try it you wont be disappointed.

Rick N.

Thanks for the feed back Rick. I appreciate it.

Name
Ron lippold
man i love it, sure makes life easier. I use the verizon notebook so it has built in internet, that little computer goes everywhere. takes about a minute to enter in a new client. tons of reports and the fill my schedule works awesome. I have to many thing to deal with. no more paperwork at the end of the day. its all done when i turn off the truck.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The great thing is as long as you have a Wi Fi somewhere you can schedule or whatever from any computer.

If you're asking questions about Service Monster just search the Marketing rooms threads and you will have plenty of info on it.

Mikey and Myself along with others have given tons of info on it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have been using it for something like one month now. I use Quick Books and love how easy it was to intergrate with SM. To be honest with you, I didn't sign up for SM for any other reason than the customer follow-up benefits of it. I only run one truck right now, so the scheduling portion in the program didn't interest me, and QB's is quite fine for customer information management, for me.

I have only done two postcard campains, so far, and the second one hasn't actually shipped yet, so it's to early for me to comment on how well it works, but it HAS to beat doing nothing, which is what I have been doing all these years.

klewis4

Service Monster doesn't require a huge commitment. No Contract. No large investment needed. Can be used on any computer that has access to the internet. I've logged on and used it on a customer's computer before.

With Service Monster, you don't need to upgrade your computer. You never have to apply new software updates (they do it for you). They backup and safegaurd your customer information. For 50 a month, it solves a lot of potential computer headaches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom