Service Monster... Why?

Mikey P

Administrator
whew!

the Gals can access it to make my routes.
being able to have my guys access it (limited) in the customers home to check history
great mapping to get you to the next job, just a click give you Google Streetview as well
reports on your finances and marketing results are unlimited
FILL MY SCHEDULE
hosted online so no worries about a crash
constant and free upgrades
get it ya dork.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
whew!

the Gals can access it to make my routes.
being able to have my guys access it (limited) in the customers home to check history
great mapping to get you to the next job, just a click give you Google Streetview as well
reports on your finances and marketing results are unlimited
FILL MY SCHEDULE
hosted online so no worries about a crash
constant and free upgrades
get it ya dork.

What he said.

Becker, you don't have Service Monster?? Who else doesn't?? Why the hell wouldn't you/they???

I will also add

1. reporting and tracking
2. Email capability from anywhere...even if you don't have email on the computer you're using
3. Real time scheduling (online makes things sooo much easier)
4. Their customer service at Principal Focus/Service Monster is top notch
5. The look, setup and ease of use of the entire program
6. Customizable..invoices, route packets, reminders, thank you cards etc
7. inexpensive
8. TIME reduction
9. Mobile.....Ok, it will be mobile.
10. I don't look like a complete dumbass to my customers (anymore !gotcha! ) I look like a pro company that's got it's poop in a group.

Image is everything.....and Service Monster is a HUGE part of my company image.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I have all Macs and they do not run on them. I was told that they will bye the end of the year. Hope so!!

LeeCory

I am thinking of doing this myself. Its just irritating after spending so much on Camelot.

Plus I'm losing all my money here in Vegas:-(

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
LeeCory said:
I am thinking of doing this myself. Its just irritating after spending so much on Camelot.

Plus I'm losing all my money here in Vegas:-(

Lee, shoot me an email and I'll send you an invite for a free month of Service Monster.

If you sign up, I get a free month too.

That's another cool thing.....referral reward program!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Right now, running single operator, it adds NOTHING of value to my business that I can't get out of just my QuickBooks program ... with the SINGLE EXCAPTION of giving me a great ability to track my sales and stay in contact with my customers via cards. Trying to do that with Quick Books is either impossible or so much of a hassle as to not make it feasible, or practical. That alone makes it worth it for ME, but I can see how it might not for some. However, I don't intend on staying a little operation much longer. I am just to old to continue this way. I probably will start with Full Circle soon and start running more than one truck, and SM will be much more useful then.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm kinda in the same boat as Marty (scary). We run one van except on big commercial, we print previous records for reminder cards and have a pretty good system for our other mailers we send out every 3 months. Ive looked into SM and ServiceCEO a few times and nothing ever really Wowed me enough to switch over...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Can you access QB in your truck? Or at a customers house? Maybe with gotomypc or whatever but it's not the same.

That's a huge advantage to me.

Just keeping things organized for me is a good reason.

Chris A

Name
Chris
No, but my wife handles the phone so I very rarely schedule in the field

Becker

Name
Becker
I have pretty good systems in place.

And without a laptop and wifi it is useless in the feild.

I messed with the demO some. For a truck and a half operation with the 1/2 truck mainly doing rentals to can't seem to see the need.

If I had someone answering my calls I'd really see the need.

I'll play with demo a bit more.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I will concede if you're a one truck guy with no future of starting another.....Then you can get away with not using Service Monster. :shock:

But I think it still makes life easier....and for $50 per month....not a bad deal. Even QB needs paid upgrades....Althought less $

All depends on where you want to be.

If you plan to sell you business one day...Service Monster is one of those systems to have in place to make your sale a little more valuable to the buyer.

In this day and age, I'm not sure why any 1 truck or multi truck company wouldn't have a program like Service Monster.....and since there isn't another program LIKE SM......There you have it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom