Service Monster

hogjowl

Idiot™
It bothers me that the program will not calculate for you the proper price based on the sq. footage or price per s.f. Say you go to a est. and the price per s.f. makes the total price come out to an odd number with spare change in it. So, you round it down to the nearest whole number ... often times when you post that price in the invoice, you can't make the price match up with the s.f and/or you desired price per s.f.

Sure, you can just put the sq. footage number in the discription field and put a 1 in the quantity field, but I want to be able to do it correctly. Besides, in this day and age haveing that capability in a computer program should come automatically.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I wouldn't have charged for the 35 cents in the first place. I always round it off. My point is simply that I would like for SM to help me keep up with the total s.f. amounts of carpet I clean and the price average price per s.f. I am obtaining. The lack of flexibility in that part of the program is a concern.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Simply do your square footage as normal and then make one extra line with discount in the description and put in a negative number in the amount field ie -.35 and it will subtract it off the total invoice amount.

Gary Taylor

Sounds like an easy solution would be not to round down. But I am not familiar with the program.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
great program especially when you get to understand everything you can do with it. Excellent and always available customer service in helping understand what to do.

Marty, i agree on the calculating part, its fun to add fractions in till its right. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Joey Johnston said:
Simply do your square footage as normal and then make one extra line with discount in the description and put in a negative number in the amount field ie -.35 and it will subtract it off the total invoice amount.
This is what I do in Mistral, just added a Discount Service, and adjust the price with a negative number till it matches what I'm charging.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Hi Joe,
In Quickbooks you can enter quantity then the total and it'll bring up the unit price but in SM the total can't be entered directly, is it possible to change that?

Terry

Ps marty its good exercise for the mind to enter fractions till you get it right ie .45673 :lol: :lol: :lol:

tim

Not to hijack the thread but I wish sm would accept the browser from my iphone. I really want to add appointments from the truck. Surely there is a way around explorer!

bonesheal

tim said:
Not to hijack the thread but I wish sm would accept the browser from my iphone. I really want to add appointments from the truck. Surely there is a way around explorer!

You can use it on your iPhone, but it's a different URL. But you can't add appointments.

Dan Joner

I have the same complaint as Marty, and I go though the same "adjustment" procedure as Terry - I get pretty colse on the first try sometimes.

It would be great if this cumbersome issue could be corrected.

Also, how about iPhone access.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Also, how about iPhone access.

Dan,
Apple doesn't make it easy for outsiders to work with their stuff. Apple wants everyone to pay a heavy price to play with them, and they just realized that most of the best applications developers have abandoned the I-Phone to write for Google, since Google doesn't try to take most of the money.

How about Apple, just once, building something to an accepted standard?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom