shag tips

fleming234

I cleaned a home today where I knew the lady was not pleased with the last cc she used. When I was done she tipped me $25.00 and asked me to come back next week and clean her basement carpet. I went for a look and there it was SHAG a whole basement full of it. I thinking this might be why she didn't last the last cc. Any tips on cleaning shag. I haven't seen in 20 years much less cleaned it. I really want her to be pleased when I get done.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
nothing mysterious about it
Clean as normal.

It WILL hide a tremendous amount of dry soil, debris, forks, spoons, guinea pigs, small cars, etc....

being in a basement, dry times can be concern.
Less of a concern if they have and use a dehumidifier regularly.
Or if it's been cold enough that the furnace is running regularly

...L.T.A.

Bob Foster

AustinPowersshagadelic.jpg

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
pre-vac like crazy. you may need a glider unless you're experienced enough. old shag's are more durable than the new frieze's, so you can def use cotton instead of thinone's.

hope this helps :mrgreen: --- Derek.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
i JUST DID A SHAG LAST WEEK AND IT CAME OUT NICE. pRESPRAYED WITH COBBS POWERMAX AND SCRUBED WITH A 175 with a cotton pad with green strips and rinsed with soft water. She was very happy and it has not been cleaned in 15 years. I hope this helps.

Greenie

Hybrid or Slot glide on shags and freise', you need some fiber "lift", the holes just push it over onto it's side....that is about the only time I would suggest a specific glide.

Rex Tyus

Yep, slots with all the heat you can muster. Those old 70's shags can take some real nuke juice prespray. A good scrubbing and some acid rinse POW!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Rex Tyus said:
Yep, slots with all the heat you can muster. Those old 70's shags can take some real nuke juice prespray. A good scrubbing and some acid rinse POW!

I thought the backing was prone to browning and deterioration?

I know the pile is indestructible though.

Again, just what I was taught, and I always run a browning treatment through the line (fab set or something) when cleaning those older carpets.

Rex Tyus

B&BGaryC said:
and no rex, I'm not following you around trying to pick fights.

No prob. You are actually correct if they have the jute backing. I should have said with a greenhorn. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom