Shark Tank......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Anybody watch this show Friday night? Right toward the end, a fireman was trying to sell them on a firehose "quick connect" for a quicker connect to the fire hydrant, saying that a quicker connect will save valuable seconds, and save lives. All the "sharks" turned this guy down, except Mark Cuban, and near the end of his sell, he pulled a small fitting out of his pocket, and says that he also developed a QD for connecting hoses onto house spigots. A quick turn tightens the hose onto the spigot without threading a standard hose fitting, with no leaks.
THAT WAS MY IDEA!!! I guess he beat me to it.

Mark Cuban partnered up with this guy, offering him 1.25 million up front, and 7% of the profits. The rest of the "sharks" were pissed cause the guy didn't bring this connector out sooner. I hope they get this connector on the market for us cleaners that DON'T use a freshy tank....we hook up at every job. This would be a time saver. And these old fingers are getting tired of threading hoses on ever job!

Should we all be so lucky!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Old idea RW I already have a similar devoce that I got at Lowes

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Bundy said:
Old idea RW I already have a similar devoce that I got at Lowes

Thanks, Bundy.

I've never seen them. I will be checking them out tomorrow! Screwing hoses onto spigots got me all wadded up.....

lance

The only QD's Ive seen at Home depot, etc. is one that you have to thread onto the spigot before you can use it as a real QD.

So if you guys have one that doesn't need to be threaded on please tell us how you connect it to the spigot.

I want to carry a water tank with me just so I don't have to connect a fresh water hose on and off at every job. So how does your's work?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
lance said:
The only QD's Ive seen at Home depot, etc. is one that you have to thread onto the spigot before you can use it as a real QD.

So if you guys have one that doesn't need to be threaded on please tell us how you connect it to the spigot.

I want to carry a water tank with me just so I don't have to connect a fresh water hose on and off at every job. So how does your's work?

I was just thinking about that too, Lance. The only ones I've seen required a fitting to be screwed to the spigot, then a QD snapped on. The one on "Shark Tank" was a coupling that you mated to the treads, roughly, and gave the outside collar a quick turn to seal. No threading required.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't see why someone could fabricate an attachment that works like vicegrips...or an oil filter wrench

You slide it over the threads and then clamp down a thick rubber O-ring around the threads. Might get worn after a few hundred uses but would be worth it.

Hmmmm....where's the inventor website? lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've been using the pressure sprayer quick connects for my sprayer and they work well.

The hardest part is screwing on the garden hose to the home. If a house is from the 80's or earlier sometimes it's hard to make it work right.

Plus, I need to pressure from the spiggot. SO if there are any leaks, it slows production time and can even hender my prespray mix.

Something that would be quick, easy and effective would save me some time....and then of course THAT would save me some money and peace of mind.

I'll be hitting lowes tomorrow to see if I can find or rig something like this up. Maybe Northern Tools will have something as well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Looking around and saw one of these...might be able to make that work with some small vicegrips.

offer_hose_clamp.jpg

I'm sure there's something better out there.....but you get the idea.

Maybe somthing like this?

Butterfly+handle+type+hose+clamp+%2B+hose+clamp+%2B+garden+hardware_0_desc.jpg

lance

What really sucks is when you have to reach into some thorny bushes just to connect your fresh water hose......and then reach in again to take it off. Especially if you don't have a long reach like some guys do.

Ryan

Just because he got the money on the show, doesn't mean that deal will work out. He has to go through "due diligence". Cubans lawyers will rip that patent apart and make sure its solid. 50% of deals made on the show won't come through in real life.

If you like watching shows online, watch dragons den on CBC if you like watching shows online. Its much better then Shark Tank. They leave more business details and numbers from the pitch in.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Dave Yoakum said:
I just replayed Sharktank. There is no adaptor for the hydrant or faucet.

Dave.....I looked it up, too. They haven't posted this weeks show yet. Maybe by next week.

Name
Nate W.
lance said:
What really sucks is when you have to reach into some thorny bushes just to connect your fresh water hose......and then reach in again to take it off. Especially if you don't have a long reach like some guys do.

Sounds like a personal problem to me... blowme :lol:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Nate The Great said:
lance said:

Sounds like a personal problem to me... blowme :lol:

'Specially when there's some big old spiders crawling around in them bushes! You come jumping out of those bushes wiping your clothes off cause you think there MIGHT be a spider on them.....

I've searched the internet and the only Quick connect available requires a fitting to be screwed to the spigot first, which defeats the idea of a " connect and run" setup. The connector explained on the show was a "walk up, place on spigot, twist, and walk away". Man, would that make life simpler for us "hose hooker-uppers".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom