Shawn Forsythe hurry up already.......Please.

Mikey P

Administrator
Check your In Boxes boy.

You have some Peroxide questions to answer.

Whether you endorse using Sally's or not please answer all the questions.

If I find any Googled answers I'll demand that you sit through a three day spotting course by George Grijalva or for ever be banned to the *** board.... which ever you consider more painful.

Please PM the answers back to me and be prepared to answer further questions from the class.

Thank you!

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Re: Warrington Forsythe Yeadon

Way too many questions for a Sunday.

Anything that Shawn posts is better than I would post.

I think Sallys is way too risky for the majority of the industry.

I am going to play racquetball instead.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

how about some info on Sodium Percarbonate, Oxygen and use along with the peroxide

after talking to a couple of cleaners and reading a few labels on some products I would like a little more info

Ernie G

Bill,
RAC-BALL-thats a good idea, thats what I do almost every sunday and thurs. afternoons, it go's on the work schedule. I played this morning.

Name
Lee Stockwell

I'm prouder of my Beauty Club card from Sally's than I am of my iicrc card, and get more smiles out of it.

Good stuff, if you respect unforgiving chemistry.

Thanks,
Lee

Name
Shawn Forsythe

billyeadon said:

I agree with Bill.

Given a choice between serving my self interests by appearing to be helpful, or making the ethical choice, i choose ethical.

About 1/3 of the questions are those I would feel comfortable in discussing in an open forum. But if I choose to limit myself, then even those answers will be rejected out of hand by ad hominem attack.

Therefore. I leave it up to the rest to decide how to parse the situation.

In a no-win situation, I prefer to be uncompromised.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

Shawn Forsythe said:
billyeadon said:

I agree with Bill.

Given a choice between serving my self interests by appearing to be helpful, or making the ethical choice, i choose ethical.

About 1/3 of the questions are those I would feel comfortable in discussing in an open forum. But if I choose to limit myself, then even those answers will be rejected out of hand by ad hominem attack.

Therefore. I leave it up to the rest to decide how to parse the situation.

In a no-win situation, I prefer to be uncompromised.

Let's just leave Sally's out of the equation. I agree with you it's odd and risky to use such a reactive chemical on a customer's carpet when it's not specifically formulated for that purpose. For the purposes of this discussion let's just talk about chemicals sold in this industry and used properly. A lot of us have questions that require expert advice.

Name
Lee Stockwell

Nothing is foolproof, even the stuff "sold for our industry". Blame that on the new and improved fools that continually find ways to misuse any machine, chemical, or procedure ever invented.

Hydrogen peroxide can be abused even in "approved" products. It's not the product's fault.

harryhides

Name
Tony

I got to agree with Lee.

Not that long ago we were being sold "professionally formulated for carpet cleaning" products that would

Burn your flesh to the bone - Hydro Floric acid based rust remover.
Give you cancer, Solvents - Tri Chloroethane 111
Spontaneous combustable products - Sodium Bi-Sulphite

Peroxide is pretty tame by comparison, imo. It is found in many tooth whiteners - to put in your MOUTH !!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

harryhides said:
I got to agree with Lee.

Not that long ago we were being sold "professionally formulated for carpet cleaning" products that would

Burn your flesh to the bone - Hydro Floric acid based rust remover.
Give you cancer, Solvents - Tri Chloroethane 111
Spontaneous combustable products - Sodium Bi-Sulphite

Peroxide is pretty tame by comparison, imo. It is found in many tooth whiteners - to put in your MOUTH !!

All effective products that are safe if used properly (I wish I could still use Erusticator). My point was that 40 volume peroxide is already available from carpet supply stores as is powdered peroxide. If any of the gurus Mikey contacted cannot in good conscience fill out the questionnaire because of Sallys, I'm just saying it already is sold in the industry, and it would be good to know what is and isn't the proper use of it.

Rescue

Hurry up already.....my hands look like "Casper the friendly ghost" from this stuff!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom