Shawn York used this same marketing strategy to hook me .

Mikey P

Administrator
Screenshot_20240601-065204.png

I was so worried that some other (idiot) would have a big truck in town before me.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
What determines if folks use those "big trucks" vs a van? Is it the storage space for portables and op machines along with a lift gate if one bounces between res and com or something else?

Mikey P

Administrator
What determines if folks use those "big trucks" vs a van? Is it the storage space for portables and op machines along with a lift gate if one bounces between res and com or something else?

Well if you're still in the early 2000s and running a wand over your commercial carpet and make sense the dual wand off of machine like this.

Or if you're doing mega estates dual wanding with three or four employees can make sense

Or if you do a lot of restoration and have the need to carry lots of dehus and fans the big truck can make sense

If you're picking up lots of rugs throughout the day and small furniture and offer multi-surfaces and need the room for all your gadgets they make sense

Or you just make so much money that you need a write off in that rolling billboard does your some good they can make sense

If you like super high quality equipment that's fairly easy to work on and will last longer than most any other truck mount they make sense

But for 90% of the industry they don't really make sense

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I clean commercial carpet with a wand and am not in the early 2000s. I'm in the embryonic stage with my business and working my arse off to get established with the resources available.

Right on great insights Mike. A big truck setup sounds incredible, but quite costly up front and continually. One really needs to use it I imagine. I'll probably go with a long van and medium tm next spring as I'll still have my sweet little trailer setup I can always pickup and pull to jobs with special needs. Lower cost and still very versatile.

Mikey P

Administrator
I clean commercial carpet with a wand and am not in the early 2000s. I'm in the embryonic stage with my business and working my arse off to get established with the resources available.

Right on great insights Mike. A big truck setup sounds incredible, but quite costly up front and continually. One really needs to use it I imagine. I'll probably go with a long van and medium tm next spring as I'll still have my sweet little trailer setup I can always pickup and pull to jobs with special needs. Lower cost and still very versatile.

I paid 71,000 for my first big truck 2004 and they're more than twice that now...

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I don't miss my old Vortex a bit.

This T250 is more chill and has more power and heat than I can handle.

The extra storage capacity is bonus too.

My favorite part is the cab. It's virtually air tight so the A/C can freeze you out in under 90 seconds.

Much more civilized than my old Vortex.

20240531_154019.jpg

Reactions: MarkieMark

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't miss my old Vortex a bit.

This T250 is more chill and has more power and heat than I can handle.

The extra storage capacity is bonus too.

My favorite part is the cab. It's virtually air tight so the A/C can freeze you out in under 90 seconds.

Much more civilized than my old Vortex.

View attachment 127384

Same here I don't miss it a bit my itsy bitsy teeny weenie 370 does an amazing job and has carpets dry in three hours with the Chosen wand, so what more could I want to clean military condos and rancho homes...

Reactions: Cleanworks

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
In 1976 we paid $5000 for our first Ford E150and probably the same for the Hydramaster slide in that we installed in it. now that would not pay sales tax on a new purchase of the equipment. Every thing is relative.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I get those emails and calls all the time too. I ignore them because they turn out to be selling just Leeds that they have sold to several suckers.

I wonder how I found out about the Vortex?
I was the first to have one in the Bay Area.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I paid 71,000 for my first big truck 2004 and they're more than twice that now...
Did Shawn give you a big discount?
Didn't yours have to take a detour from SLC?
I forgot the story about your unique vortex story.

I still miss my Vortex. But CA and SF government issues make it unfeasible.
It was 100 times easier to maintain than the cramped space saving 370 TM.

Back
Top Bottom