She does this every time

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Not only do we go to the home, we require the crew to call the office if "no one is home" and the office calls the phone numbers we have on file. This gives us an independant accountability in case of the customer saying we were never there and they were home. We also have the crew leave a "sorry we missed you card" on the door.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Ken Snow said:
Not only do we go to the home, we require the crew to call the office if "no one is home" and the office calls the phone numbers we have on file. This gives us an independant accountability in case of the customer saying we were never there and they were home. We also have the crew leave a "sorry we missed you card" on the door.

Exactly!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Brian R said:
I think I may have finally won an argument with Jim! :shock:

Just gimme one Jim....that's all I ask. thathurts !dork!

For the record...I've told my Subs, Myself and anyone who works with me (just examples Crowley)....Unless there is a special situation....You NEVER head to a job.....EVER....without speaking to the person to let them know that you're on the way.

If they don't answer or call back.....DON'T GO TO THE FRIGGEN JOB!!!

But they still have called me every once in while...."I am the customer's house and nobody's answering." Me-"Did you call first"...The Tech- "uh, no".

What the hell did you expect?

I also tell them to save their money for the winter.....YOu can only MOther sooo much.

I knew you were way to much in touch with your feminine side.....always got to put your opinion in threads you should stay out of and get the last word in....and you feel the need to win...you officially just lost your man card.....

BTW..there is no right or wrong..it is how your structure your company and your scheduling...

Chris A

Name
Chris
Funny Larry, must be a regional thing. We had 5 24 hour or less rescheduled last week and I was about ready to ask you for a gun and one bullet. Then well go 3 months without one. We have great customers who do it every time too, the not so great only get away with it once.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just kidding around with you there Jim. Don't have a coronary.

I do tell every customer when they first schedule that we will call when on the way. Sure if the job is close and we/they don't mind making the drive...but other than that....We need to know they are there.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
We call ahead during inclement weather, school closings, and jobs that are further than 15 miles away. No answer, we still go. No show customer, we charge a $20 to $30 trip fee before we let them reschedule. If they don't want to pay, we don't let them reschedule.

We have employees that are paid hourly, a van that burns expensive fuel, and only so many appointments available in a day. A 2 hour window that is lost is lost FOREVER.

On the other hand, I am happy to work late into the day to fit an extra job or two in. I work Saturdays and even Sundays if need be to meet a customers demands. I will do my best to rearrange the schedule to fit in an emergency or get to a customer before an event.

We proudly work damn hard to please the customers and are happy to put in that extra 5 minutes that turns a good job into a great job. I have no time to waste on people that can't show up - employees or customers.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Every situation is different. Some we just go back next time no problem. There's a few that will reschedule more then once. For these I don't even mind rescheduling myself :shock:

Did you guys see Sally Field's nipples?

:lol:

Albert

Name
R.J. Povio
with ghetto people we put them at the end of the day.....they are either sleeping in the morning and half the afternoon or they want to cancel....so end of the day it is for them....they usually dont want morning appts anyway.

S

sam miller

My wife will call and verify several times and make sure they know we lose money if they dont give us notice, and sometimes book a small job around it to fill in if necessary. And if they dont respond to a left messages book over it.

If its far we always call before driving and make it clear were not coming if they dont answer. We ask for several numbers. Still You always get the customer you say we will call to meet you at the vacant so your not just sitting there.

Half the time they just go and wait. So then if its close I'll run by. Things get lost in translation all the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom