Shelf life of advertising.

Becker

Name
Becker
I'm amazed at how long some people will hold onto adverts.

I'm still getting calls off my 1st round of 1300 post cards.

Just when ya think the ad might be dead another call comes in from it.

The call I got today was mailed to her in April.

These are all people I had never worked for before.

G

post cards and advertising is a joke in carpet cleaning, if you do great work the calls will come to you theres no guarantee in advertising but there is in your work???? listen to the marlins

Becker

Name
Becker
That has got to be the stupidest thing I had ever read in my entire life on the carpet cleaning boards.

I wish I had a Trophy to send ya!

So Lets say a guy goes out, buys the best equipment known to man kind, studies for 5 years and becomes a master cleaner though IICRC before he even opens the doors and adds a business line.

He could honestly be the best in the city he serves, but people are going to know because?

Name
Bruce
Becker said:
That has got to be the stupidest thing I had ever read in my entire life on the carpet cleaning boards.

I wish I had a Trophy to send ya!

LMAO I just about choked my pizza up and out my nose.

I'm with you on this Becker, we send out post cards every month and it pays off every month. We have the numbers to prove it.

Becker

Name
Becker
In 2001 when I moved last time and started over I did a lot of door to doors fliers.

I think my record was nearly a year that someone held on to the flier.

Most calls came with in a week.

I'm on an assault right now, looking to get new clients and get my name out there.

G

i wouldnt send out paper plates with my number on them doesnt work stupid

G

hey pecker oh im sorry becker wheres your web site cant find you????

Becker

Name
Becker
HA HA,

You showed your weakness to quickly man!

You did not answer the question.....

Best cleaner in the world. New to open the doors.

Enlighten us, how will he get the word out?

My postcards are working very well. I'm very pleased with the results.

In fact, mailed post cards are doing much better for me even at the cost of postage, than door to door placement of the same card.

Referrals and repeats will follow.

Duh, see you are just stupid! Who said anything about paper plates with phone numbers?
Besides, I thing I can get my post cards printed full color both sides cheaper than buying paper plates.

Becker

Name
Becker
hey pecker oh im sorry becker wheres your web site cant find you????

Why are ya looking to book a cleaning, sorry NY is a little out of the way. I can offer you a referral though.

Best thing I ever got off listing my website on message boards was getting the content copied.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
each mailing I wind up with a few over the following 3 months. I think the longest would be about 5 months.

I get a ton of people who say "how long have you been in business? I have never heard of you" from new customers even ones that are referals.

Campusman you do realize your website is an advertisement right?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Campusman, Have you been drinking? Early start to the weekend?

It's cool I'm opening one right now. :wink:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
When someone wants to make a fool of themselves shut up and let them speak.

Your ignorance is compounded with every post.

Marketing is much more that just doing a good job.

A good job should be a given.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
When I was fishing for new customers I never put expiration dates on them and I was also surprised at how long people would hold them. Some as long as a year and a half or two years. Postcards has always been my best return as far as paid advertising. I haven't found anything that beats the internet though.

steve r

becker

i got a couple calls over a year later from ads/articles i put in the local paper here.that ad did very good and i got calls consistantly for 3 months from it.
the folks who had it over a year cut it out and put it on their fridge.lol they asked if the prices were still good lol.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Scott Rogers said:
i had fliers that came back 2 years after i handed them out.

The longest I have ever had someone hold onto a flyer has been 2.5 years :shock:

Becker

Name
Becker
Campusman needs to put out a marketing manual.

He would be able to offer free shipping.. :lol:

Skinhead? LOL Ask Chris Conner if I'm a skinhead.

G

u look like the math teacher i had in high school always gave me shit never stop his name mr moulton years later we were in a bar call the poor house north went into the mens room there he was! i came out he didnt////////////////////////////// leave it to your mind

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Beating up your old math teacher. What a bad man. I think I am going to stroll up to the nursing home and pound my math teacher that gave me a D- and resulted in me being a carpet cleaner.

Golden Boy

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Your not a carpet cleaner waldope. You clean carpets on the side

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Yes it does suck not having to pay 800 bucks a month for benefits. LOL. I usually do not respond to Unranked Hairy Hacks.

Golden Boy

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I get those "delayed" responses as well.
I think it has to do with the copy on the marketing. Make it compelling and a little different than they're used to seeing (ie look different than all the other cleaners ads that they are seeing)
I heard it a long time ago that cleaning is event driven. So if your postcard grabs their attention, they'll hang on to it.

Becker

Name
Becker
u look like the math teacher i had in high school always gave me shit never stop his name mr moulton years later we were in a bar call the poor house north went into the mens room there he was! i came out he didnt////////////////////////////// leave it to your mind

Did ya graduate?
I can see grammar, writing and spelling must have been a real issue.
Perhaps math as well, that is why you are not able to crunch the numbers and see what kinda advertising works.

Ahh you graduated, things were different in 1975/76, am I right?

So are you saying the math teacher was waiting for you in the bathroom?
Sorry, your posting is just so hard to follow.
Still trying to figure out if the bar was called the poor house north, or if you were in a bar and made a call to the poor house.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Yes it does suck not having to pay 800 bucks a month for benefits. LOL. I usually do not respond to Unranked Hairy Hacks.

Golden Boy

$800 a month is chump change in business. That is 1 job a week. Think of the money your losing if you were good at what you do. It must be worthwhile for you between pay and benefits probably a better state hack than a carpet cleaner. I couldn't see going back to work for someone to save $800.00 in benefits

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Chump change? One job a week @ 24.99 a room. I forgot everbody here has no debt has over 500 grand in the bank owns three homes and clean carpet for fun. You could not out clean me. I am a Mikey P clone.

Golden Boy

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ave job is about $167 prorated to 1 a week for a month for the year is $723.66 do maybe it would be 1 job a week and a couple chairs.

I can outclean you easily. In my 2.5 yrs fulltime I have cleaned more carpet than you have in your life. I have all the certifications, equipment and skills to crush your weeny ass

I would kill myself if I only had $500,000 stashed for retirement. Down to 2 and 1/3 houses

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom