shill threads hurting reputation of this board??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I gotta say I am getting sick of all the judson juice threads, give it a rest or something, I don't feel the need to pimp my choice of prespray. we have had too many vortex threads lately as well. there are forces that be that promote such behavior, they should just buy a banner ad. I think each of us should ask ourselves how do our comments look to a new guy. there gets to be a board mentality and too much misinformation gets spread.

Scott Rogers

Who gives a rats ass what u think??

Dont like it go start your own board. Of course then it would just be u spanking your monkey by yourself like usual.

Name
steve snail
Steve,

May taint the clean room, but just go the bird room for some occasional fresh air. Make the O2 threads hit and miss, i know I do.

That said, I am in awe of the suppliers/manufactures that are willing to put their wares through the scrutiny, they know this board will supply...big time!

Steve Smith

"shill threads hurting reputation of this board??"

Wasn't this board started by one of Vortex's biggest shill's?
How's that working out?

Judson Juice?
I won't buy it because of the "guru's" who praise it.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have questions abo products, and o2 system. so i am going to continue to ask as many people i can about them...... So im sorry get over it.

Stevie,

I know exactly what you mean. It seems like there are a lot of Judson threads. I purposely don’t post a lot, strictly so it doesn’t look like I am spamming the board. I have started a few posts recently about the Lunch Pail, but normally I try not to post a lot unless I am asked a question, but again, your comment about shill threads is totally unjustified concerning Judson products. I have never asked anyone to post anything about my products ever, including Bob Foster. Even in the repair room which I am the moderator of, I will not respond to a post if someone else has already answered the question satisfactorily.

Bob Foster

Call me what you want. I mention products I like because I personally find them good. I also respect that Les is not the only one that makes good prespray and good truckmounts. Les doesn't pay me a dime. I was at one time an agent but that was a short lived arrangement a long time ago. On the other hand there isn't a thing I won't do for him because he is a true friend. But I won't lie for him and I know I will never have to.

If you notice product oriented threads you will often see just as much talked about of competitive products as those that were the original post topic. I think threads offer interesting and valuable information for the members of the board? Is there value to the manufacturers. You bet there is.

How about those of you that are sick of hearing about certain manufacturers start speaking up about what you prefer and why. That would be good for everyone too.

Manufacturer's learn more here from complaints than they do praise.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
joeynbgky said:
I have questions abo products, and o2 system. so i am going to continue to ask as many people i can about them...... So im sorry get over it.

we do have the search function and 5 different threads on the first page alone, I am sure with the search and just looking at the first page, everything you ever needed to know about judson juice is in them, people have been given cases of juice to shill this shit, it getting old. its not mikey's board anymore its the judson juice board.

steve g said:
joeynbgky said:

we do have the search function and 5 different threads on the first page alone, I am sure with the search and just looking at the first page, everything you ever needed to know about judson juice is in them, people have been given cases of juice to shill this shit, it getting old. its not mikey's board anymore its the judson juice board.

Steve I can't find them. Can you please put a link up ?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I actually don't mind the new product of the week hype. I like to keep a open mind and try any products that others think are good. O2 is not for me, but I am glad I tried it or I would always be wondering if I was missing out. This board has helped so much in the last year to stay ahead in the industry and find products that are right for me and my business.

As far as Les and Greenie are concerned, they had helped so many people for free and put their heart into this industry without thinking of financial rewards that I will always pay close attention to what they say and what they do.

Bob Foster would never take a fall for anyone. Whats wrong with people getting excited about a product?

If a person can't evaluate a product and decide for themselves if it fits their business then there is no hope for them and they should go over to ***.

Name
George Valliant
steve g said:
joeynbgky said:

Too funny! Just the other day I was thinking the same thing too. "Maybe the name of this board should be changed to Judsonboard....".

I'm starting to get a bit resentful cuz it feels like I'm having it jammed down my throat.

Look at what a class act Larry Cobb is doing.

I've seen him insulted several times and he still offers to help the offenders. Totally under the radar. He runs his banner and helps when he can. He doesn't need us bdcc's to tell him he makes great products.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, you know what if I wanted to use the search button, I'd push it. I want updated info. peoples views change.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
From the years I've been on the boards I've tried a lot of different pre-sprays. I could see how a guy would want to experiment if he is using a wand for the cleaning. Pre-spray plays a bigger role then if you're using an rx-20. I guess I'm a shill too :) Use what works, it's too damn expensive trying everything under the sun plus you go crazy Ivebeensold

Bill, your avatar, wondering who's enjoying it more. The giver or the receiver. :D

Albert

Mikey P

Administrator
George you really are a fool if you think Les is only here to sell his stuff.

You're new to the Boards dude.

Chill out and the the tide do it's thing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've heard several lately refer to this board as "the Judson board" no disrespect to Les or Greenie but I must say I'm not too thrilled to hear it. Judson makes good products but they are not the only ones making good products, there are many good manufacturers.

I don't think we want to limit free speech so the only way you can keep a balance is when people are asking, mention your favorite band too. Even if it is Judson, you're not a shill if you use it and like it.

First "The Hate Board" and now "The Judson Board", at least we're making improvement! :wink:

Lefty724

Name
E
I agree with Mikey here George!! You need to chill out man. I am very new to the board and like reading up to date threads. It seem like you (George) always try to stir things up, was funny at first but c'mon! Just sayin'

Greenie

It CAN get worse.

Imagine The Green Board?

Judson board is starting to sound reasonable, ain't it.

Steve Smith, that has got to be one of the worst reasons I've ever heard to not try a new product in your business.

On a fresh note, Steve lets talk about Prochem or something, That hasn't been talked into the dirt yet.

Actually we haven't heard that much about O2 this quarter, the Snake Oil has received much more press this year.

And next month it will be OrangePunch.....there will always be something new to talk about...you heard it here at Mikey's First!

It's the price we pay to be God's gift to the bulletin board world.....deal with it...lol

and Yes, when the Lancer dies, Les will still offer you a fair deal on a shinny new TNT or Reactor to carry you into Retirement.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Remember folks, search function is not going to so reliable right now as we are still moving a crap load of threads around to get things to into their correct rooms.

And REMEMBER.. you don't have to click on the threads that say Judson or anything about O2.. If you end up clicking on them and reading them, its your own dam fault.

And if someone says they like Judson in another thread.. its ok.. Hell I've seen threads on Matrix products like Red B gone that had 4 posts... there have been threads on Prochoi's dirt chaser.. and hardly anbody posts.. you want these other posts but nobody jumps on board the other threads. You all just keep arguing about too much publicity for the Judson Products.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
steve g said:
joeynbgky said:

While yes it does get a little over kill......

SO DOES THE FACT THE ONLY TIME YOU OPEN YOU PIE HOLE, IS TO DISRESPECT SOMEONE!!!!!!!!

I have seen you throw your hat into chats, with talk off prochem etc.

But really, you seem to only really cut them off at the knees, alot of times from no where....remember the post on doo-daddys machine?? And now this cut at judson??? really man, knock it off....

and i am sure its a utah thing/WATER as to why the judson stuff dont work out here....havent had to much luck with any of it....

doesnt mean they arent good people and have done a ton for us....

good thing their machines dont run on our water huh?? cuz i am thinks thats where i want to go...if i dont just make my own :shock:

Bob Foster

I'm grateful we have suppliers who take their time to contribute advice and ask for advice of the members of our board. They are just as entitled to our opinions as we are. Just as we as cleaners are entitled to our profit so are they.

Thanks to (in no particular order and sorry if I forgot some, please add them)
John LaBarbara
Bill Bruders
Larry Cobb
Rick Gelinas
John & Lora Olson
Dwayne Oxley
Steve Smith
Clark Lancaster
Jon Don
California Cleaning Supply
Lisa
Greenie
Chris Hagen - Interlink
Jeff Hruby
Wayne Filer
John Geurkink
Roger Koh
Wayne Millar
Steve Roberts
Mark Cermak
Jim Bethel
That Used Steam Action guy...whatzizname.

These people have been invaluable to us for their support. They should be praised with our testimonials and raised Kane if they don't.

Please add the names I forgot.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Thanks to (in no particular order and sorry if I forgot some, please add them)
John LaBarbara
Bill Bruders
Larry Cobb
Rick Gelinas
John & Lora Olson
Dwayne Oxley
Steve Smith
Clark Lancaster
Jon Don
California Cleaning Supply
Lisa
Greenie
Chris Hagen - Interlink
Jeff Hruby
Wayne Filer
BOB VAWTER
John Geurkink
Roger Koh
Wayne Millar
Steve Roberts
Mark Cermak
Jim Bethel
That Used Steam Action guy...whatzizname.

These people have been invaluable to us for their support. They should be praised with our testimonials and raised Kane if they don't.

Please add the names I forgot.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'm stuffed if I know what all the fuss is about.

This is a forum for information.

It is also a forum where one can say their piece without being intimidated or banned without very good reason.

I don't read each and every post, only the ones I am interested in.

If anyone doesn't like something, they don't have to read it.

But for those that are interested in a particular product, then this is the best place to glean information about it.

Good, bad or indifferent.

Although a lot of the products listed / advertised on here are not available where I live, I still like to read about them and try and gain an informed opinion about those products.

I post a fair bit, I know quite a few folk read these posts, although few reply to them.

Again, I don't give a stuff, but at least it puts a different perspective on some things for a change.

If Big Bill doesn't read this or Island Boy doesn't comment on it, I won't feel offended.

If Mardi throws more crap at me, I'll feel good.

To all you people that post items of interest, even if it is every other day, thank you, please keep it up.

We can't all know everything all the time. :wink:

Ooroo,

:roll:

tim

I like to listen about how various products can and are being used and see if several people are commenting or just one or two individuals a thousand times. If I am interested, I try a gallon and compare it side by side with what I am currently using. If I like it, I buy more. If I dont, I use it up and move on down the road! I have found more good things on the boards than disappointments. Judsons o2 isnt the do-everything prespray that some would lead you to beleive but is vesatile enough that I like to keep it on board for upholstery, some wool, and everyday soil.

I am also beleive that the "shills" contribute some great information and for the most part, are honorable and knowledgeable, credits to their industry. Scott Warrington, Larry Cobb, Les Judson, Greenie, Shawn...all have things to sell but have also been honest with me and have helped me out in some tough jams with sage wisdom and advice. My advice to people is if a product sounds interesting, buy a small amount and try it yourself! You may love a product that I found unimpressive. I hear some people love broccoli, cant stand the stuff myself!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
This board has seen someone's favorite products shilled from the beginning, so Judson is indeed just the latest "wave." On some boards the post questioning an advertiser would just get deleted. Mikey has allowed himself to take heat for promoting just about every freebie that appears at his door, so there is some balance here. :wink:

Once you get to know the dynamics of this system you'll see a lot of backslapping, then one questioning post, then the backslappers all denigrating the questioner, and then you'll know that's a product or service provider to be avoided.

You can forever-after skip reading those posts and save your anguish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom