Shorebest 2790 Con-D-Soil

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
This heavy alkaline cleaner for concrete and tile/grout has been mentioned here before I'm sure. I just purchased a case recently and this stuff is awesome. Best cleaner for tile/grout I've ever used, it etches the grout as well.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I'm not exactly sure...some guys on here may use it and can explain...or email Ken Horton @ Western Concrete Supply in AZ he can explain. I heard not to use it on polished stone unless your resurfacing as well. I haven't tested on polished stone yet, it etched the grout when I mixed it 2-1

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
a ph that high can damage other surfaces especially your skin. i prefer a product if it accidentally gets on a carpet or other surfaces it won't damage it.

gene

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I've used it and it works good. However I'm not sure if it's any better then Powermax boosted. I don't know what's in it but you can see some sizzling going on when it's on the floor.

I've had it reduce the sheen of some marble we cleaned some time ago. It had a high hone finish. I was to monkey pad at 800 grit afterward so it did not matter. Even on a test limestone tile honed to 250 grit it etched. The test was up to 12 to 1. The thing is that even some honed surfaces have some kind of sheen and this stuff may etch it.

Albert

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Albert Lazo said:
I've used it and it works good. However I'm not sure if it's any better then Powermax boosted. I don't know what's in it but you can see some sizzling going on when it's on the floor.

I've had it reduce the sheen of some marble we cleaned some time ago. It had a high hone finish. I was to monkey pad at 800 grit afterward so it did not matter. Even on a test limestone tile honed to 250 grit it etched. The test was up to 12 to 1. The thing is that even some honed surfaces have some kind of sheen and this stuff may etch it.

Albert
Hey Albert, do u have to acid etch after the Powermax mix? The 2790 saves from acid etching grout, from my results so far. I was boosting Stone Pro Deep Gel with Oxyblaster or OSR with hydrochloric acid etching after...this stuff saves me 1 step and having to breathe hydrochloric acid which has probably shaved several years off my life :cry:

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
GeneMiller said:
a ph that high can damage other surfaces especially your skin. i prefer a product if it accidentally gets on a carpet or other surfaces it won't damage it.

gene
you don't tape off or protect surrounding areas? a "product" that cleans tile/grout and doesn't damage carpet or surrounding areas probably is a half assed "product"...and wearing gloves is a must...just my opinion

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I probably acid after powemaxx 50 percent of the time. I had 3 gallons of the 2790 and could not really tell much of a difference. I remember on one job I switched to powermax which did better. With that said I have about 1/4 gallon left and will give it another go. I do have a full gallon of their 2370 which is for tile and grout. This one I think is acidic.

Albert

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I did a t/g job clean/colorseal today where I used the 2790 and didn't scrub the groutlines. I've heard some guys doing this with the PSI at 1200 so I thought I'd try. Cleaned up great without scrubbing the groutlines. Fortunately, the homeowner wanted to change the color of the grout because it looked perfect after just cleaning and I would have lost the colorseal work.

I have a picture on my Facebook page for anyone that wants to see, keep in mind the t/g was dirty but not super dirty like a restaurant or nasty cleans. I'd post it on here, but posting pics on this website is a nightmare.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Bill I don't tape anything off. I use breakaway boosted with peroxide. Cleans carpets and grout. Think about it which is harder to clean a carpet made from fabric or grout. Never had any problems with grout , comes clean easy for me.

Gene

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I have been using 2790 for about 2 years now. I have never taped a job, have maybe scrubbed 200 linear feet of grout lines. it is by far the best product that I have used for tile and grout cleaning. have maybe had 5 jobs that didnt clean to my expectations with it.

Generally use 8 or 10 oz to the gallon. Occasionally I will ad 10oz of Orange Solv to it. mostly so it stays wet a bit longer.

It also does a great job of cleaning the old dirt off of baseboards. I have never had it do anything bad to painted or stained surfaces.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom