Should I get into WD?

Walt

Here is the question. Is it really worth getting into this business in a limited way? I am looking for a business that I can plug my Dad into. He has a contractors license and is very very knowledgeable about building. However his health makes it such that he wont physically be able to do construction work for much longer. Before I approach him about it I wanted to figure out if it makes sense or not.

Currently I have about 1000 customers in my client base - most of these are good clients. I am busy with my work. I also have some savings that I was thinking about putting into this venture - both for training and equipment.

What do you think? Good idea or pipe dream or PIA?

I should mention that my dad isn't a "go getter" type guy but is a very hard worker and smart.

I'll let you decide.
WDR even in a limited capacity will require $5k in training, 1k in meters, and then whatever equipment you invest in. You'll also need CPL insurance, with no or limited wdr experience the rates will be higher, 4K-10K depending where you live.

On top of the money and commitment required WDR is extremely physical work.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do it, it just might be one the most exciting, challenging and rewarding experiences you have in this industry.

Even if your father doesn't do the work, maybe he would enjoy being the general on your projects.

The plus side....
It is mentally challenging, and while the money is good there is a great reward to a job well done.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hard worker aside, if he's not a go getter, who will do the go getting to get the baby off the ground?

Can you afford either your time or someone elses time to do it?

Lots of committment but as Craig said, lots or rewards with it.

John

KeithCo

Name
Keith Collins
I agree with Craig, if he's looking for something to cruise in to it's just too physical.

If he wanted to project manage and deal with hired labor that would be different.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom