Should I replace my glide

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I have a Prochem Quad wand with a Teflon glide. Over the years the bottom of the glide has worn and is no longer rounded , it is now flat.Other than that, the glide seems still OK, all the holes and slots are good and as I'm extracting I don't seem to have any issues. Is there a time when a glide is worn out and needs to be replaced? There is enough material on the glide to where I could maybe attempt to reshape it with a file. I'm not sure if that would be advisable.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
That's good to know, thanks. Does it matter at all if the bottom is lat as opposed to being rounded for airflow? I think that since I'm the one who wore it down flat, that it's making proper contact with the carpet and it should be OK. Do you guys agree?

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Mine is flat also and I felt it was dragging on the carpet and not gliding as easy so I ordered a new one from Lisa last week.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
We recommend that as they wear flat you take a belt sander or a sanding block and drywall screen and knock off the "corners" bringing it into a more round profile again. This will preserve your dry times. Apart from that maintenance, you can use it until it fails and cracks (usually on an end) or becomes so thin that it loses it's stability on the wand.

When you start to notice it is getting thin, get a new one, but just keep it on the truck. Then use the old one until it fails and you have the new one right there so you don't have to go without a glide.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: J Scott W

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
CRASH ran his till it was 3/4 GONE completley...damnest thing i ever seen......he had about 5" left on one side

BTW ...Lisa...they broke up already.........one baby 6 months...another 4 months in the oven....fck'in kids!
he got drunk and wrecked her car...so she broke his nice LED TV...then he broke her TV...then they both grabbed each others phones and destroyed them big time.........she JUST paid his fines for his last drunk driving ticket.......
now she thinks shes moving back in HERE!!!
Momma set that chit straight quickly..............

Name
Nate W.
CRASH ran his till it was 3/4 GONE completley...damnest thing i ever seen......he had about 5" left on one side

BTW ...Lisa...they broke up already.........one baby 6 months...another 4 months in the oven....fck'in kids!
he got drunk and wrecked her car...so she broke his nice LED TV...then he broke her TV...then they both grabbed each others phones and destroyed them big time.........she JUST paid his fines for his last drunk driving ticket.......
now she thinks shes moving back in HERE!!!
Momma set that chit straight quickly..............

Lmk when I can pick up Crash's Steam Genie...

Reactions: Mike Draper

Mike Draper

omg, thats a damn funny story. I certainly hope its not true. One time I shook up my wifes coke bottle before she opened it. She was pissed for about an hour. Thats the worst weve ever had it. I'm a lucky man.

Name
Nate W.
omg, thats a damn funny story. I certainly hope its not true. One time I shook up my wifes coke bottle before she opened it. She was pissed for about an hour. Thats the worst weve ever had it. I'm a lucky man.

Light weight...... Golden showers is prolly the all time best hilarious thing you could ever do..... Disclaimer: Do at your own risk, I will not be held responsible for divorce filings.... I personally find the reactions amusing..... :shifty:

And yes bob, you someone needs to reproduce Steam Genie's waste tanks....

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

:hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless:!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom