Should Little Giants be banned from the industry?

FredC

Village Idiot
but they are sold as carpet cleaning heaters
and a long history of use in the cc industry

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
To break the main fuel pipe off at the controller he must have hit it pretty hard with something, or did the union come loose?

shit can definitely happen with a little giant but I dont feel at all uncomfortable or at risk using one, imo its safer than being in an RV and using a propane stove(co2 poisoning) which millions of people do everyday.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
To break the main fuel pipe off at the controller he must have hit it pretty hard with something, or did the union come loose?

shit can definitely happen with a little giant but I dont feel at all uncomfortable or at risk using one, imo its safer than being in an RV and using a propane stove(co2 poisoning) which millions of people do everyday.
In my case, the union came loose because the burner mount was broken. Thought I had tightened it up but the burner was moving because of the motion of the van and caused the union to work loose.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Used one with my Judson, 4HT and propane engine too, for 5 yrs. Only problems I ever had wasthe jets plugging because of the ocean air here. The beauty of it was all it required was water flow and it would turn on. And it would shut off when it got hot. Never over heated, unlike my exhaust hx. I only stopped using it because BC regulations changed and running propane was going to be a real pita. Just servicing the propane engine took an all day trip to the mainland.

Anyone remember the van that blew up from the coolant/exh hx'rs. I can't remember what happened but they darn near took out the entire front end of the van!!

Reactions: Kenny Hayes and DAT

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
are you saying???

1573313377516.png

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
How safer is a diesel heated unit?

the fuel isn't as volatile
when igniters fail, it sprays raw fuel into the fire box.
when/if it does ignite, it'll shoot flame and smoke , but I've never seen a gas build-up "instant" boom-pop like I have w/propane

EDIT TO ADD...."maybe" the less likelihood of "boom-pop" with oil burners is they have a blower that runs continuous .
I'll speculate the blower doesn't allow an over abundance of fuel vapor to build up ...which is where the instant big boom comes from

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

scotty747

When my transformer went out I had to burn off all the oil after replacing it. Looked like a oil well fire. Probably should have just pulled the coil and cleaned it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The title should be "Should Morons be banned from the Industry?" nope natural selection will eventually take care of them

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom