SHOULD this be a NEW method?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
We all know there are 5 methods of cleaning carpet.

1. HWE
2. Bonnet
a. Rotary with a buffer
b. OP machine

3. Dry Absorbent powder
a. Host
4. SHAMPOO
a. CIMEX application

5. Dry Foam
a. Von Shrader

Just a few examples above.

Now we must include a new one.

VACUUMING

This method will extract up to 75% of the soil load in a carpet.
What other method removes as much?

Haven't you ever had a customer tell you how good the carpet looked after you just vacuumed?

As with any method it does have its flaws.

Just like the Cimex/Shampoo and OP/Bonnet applications.

But Ron Werner has opened our eyes with his comprehensive vacuuming techniques.
He has taken it a step further than my "4 corner vacuuming techniques"
That I learned from Ed York.
I also wrote a E-book about this very topic.
Which is available for only $159.

Now this is not a time saving method as you are required to spend just as much time doing it as other methods.

Except the speedy CIMEX Shampooing which is questionable as far as cleaning is concerned.

But I think Ron Werner is on to something here.
Imagine vacuuming for an extended time and just doing a post spot routine.

I think his ideas are cutting edge and he is right up there with Ed York and Harold Wheelwright.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Tryin' to protect your spot on the Top 25? Get a pile lifter... Then vac after pile lifting. This is a better way to remove even more dry soil & it is more efficient than vacuuming at 1.6 ft. per second as was done in the testing.... By the way, just having a pile lifter & a vacuum won't get you on the list... You actually have to use them. LOL

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Since the current CRI Seal of Approval only requires 55% of the soil be removed to pass, It is likely that a thorough vacuuming job such as Ron did would qualify for SoA without any HWE.

I think some manufacturers have figured this out.

Scott Warrington
(Personal observation)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Can we get it approved as a stand alone process for the 6th method?

And can I get the credit for it?

Its a much better method than all the others except HWE.

LeeCory

I am very impressed Walrus. This is very forward thinking.

With this method you have all the benefits.

1. The carpet is dry when you leave
2. No mold or mildew
3. No tip bloom

You just need to create some sort of cover for the vac to make it look more impressive and you have a sure fire winner.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Since a pile lifter is basically a bag vac, useless for getting significant soil out, just rig a good pile lifter with a clear canister, adjust the air flow to a cyclonic action, and there you go. Wouldn't you be ticked if it still took that long to vac even with a pile lifter?

Or make a cyclonic vacuum into a pile lifter. The key will be keeping the vac lips closer to the carpet in order to extract the soil. A normal pile lift is too high. While a vacuum apparently isn't powerful enough, at least for some. Here's another project for Clark.

I would still classify vacuuming as a prep step. Still need to remove the soil ON the carpet fibres.

WRT vacuuming qualifying for Bronze SOA, I had that thought last summer when the qualifications for each level were posted. I was vacuuming an apt and getting a ton of soil. I might have even emailed Werner about it, but like all my emails to him, read, acknowledged, forgotten.

R

R W

Now, when you are talking percentages, 75% might be significant if the carpet is a "rat nasty" that has seldom been vacuumed, but a well maintained residential carpet might only yield 10-20-30% soil load. It's cool that Ron can spend so much time vacuuming, but I'd need a few Xanax to vacuum that slow.........

Name
Eric Valentine
Ron Werner said:
I only vac that slow when I need to. Most jobs aren't that bad and I spend a fraction of that time. I vac for only as long as I need to.
Like you Ron, I vacuum until I no longer see any soil being removed. That is the advantage of bagless vacuums, you can see if anything is being removed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom