Show us your shop...

Bob Foster

5210287-lg.jpg

I sure am envious of the guys with the big shops that have plenty of room for everything but for a lot of us BDs we run out of smaller facilites ranging from a garden shed to a garage at the house or maybe something a little bigger, OK, a lot bigger.

So you guys that got your poo together, show us your shop you work out of (big or small). It would be nice to see the racks, tool areas, water and dump facilities etc. AND where you park you rig(s).

Me - I currently work out of a leaky shed about the size of half of a single car garage - it's disgusting and I am trying to find a better place....
This is what I want http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/6994252

Good or bad - please show us your spot...

John Watson

Back in the Day, I'm looking for the 8mm shots, Wait a minute not 8mm, but cave drawings when I took of my first Cave, I sublet from Gary Heacock when he upgraded and moved into the Barabra (Mud Hut) Thats right no cameras then.. Yeah, now I remember.

John Watson

Do you write them off for doing flood work?????

RC to check out damages inside while still flooded, run about for exterior damages.

BTW, I have rebuilt a few Mercruiser outdrives, prefer the volvopenta myself.

TimP

I park my van at home....but I have a small office in my in-laws carpet store. I have a store front with lettering to advertise however there is nobody usually in the office. I have a wall shelf with my extra chems and tools etc. I'll get a picture of it sometime....perhaps when I get around to it.

I've actually had one of the local hack bane cleaners come by and ask to buy chems.....I wasn't there but my wife made it clear I don't sell chemicals cause he's a wack job. I actually did a job after him last week....the customers about droped their jaw at the results in comparison....worse than SS for sure.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Yeah, it seems so glamorous it cost $$$ to run a large shop I’ve had to resort to child labor ..my kid didn’t need no edeumcajon any how

DSCN0011.jpg

John Watson

Sweet, Just for the record, Rebuilt the V drives on a NOHA 26" cruiser that was used for taking depth soundings at high speeds in uncharted waters in Alaska in the early 70's. Twin screw rig, One of the shafts V strut found a lone Pinicale at 28 knots, They were in supposedly 6 fathoms of an open bay at mean low water. A Major opps. Most of us fishermen had it penciled on our charts after a boat or two finds it and the word gets around..

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I have a good size shop, could fit two full size cargo vans side-by-side in there if I didnt want to open there doors.

Its embarrassing right now, as the floor looks a like a glazed donut thanks to our Veggie fuel.

Ill post pics soon.

MerCrewser

bob vawter said:
My Cigarette ATE Volvopenta outdrives for lunch.........it had twin Holman-Moodys in it!

Start a new boat thread and post pics of it. I love cigs, and HM power!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The only picture that i have is about 3' by 4' matted and framed picture on my office wall.......it was a Cigarette Sport 31 race boat that raced the great lakes circuit...i bought her and tamed her down a little! She was known as "The Sting"
and across the transom...it sED...

"YOU BEEN STUNG"

Bob Foster

I told you it was ugly....
Uglyshed3.jpg

Uglyshed2.jpg

leaky roof - no power

They are going to let the fire department burn it down for training in a year. House is vacant except for a bunch of stray cats.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
harryhides said:
My old place got a little too hot and so we re-built.

My friends from back east call that "Jewish Lightning"

Please don't get too offended. I just learned that term 2 days ago...

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
What are you guys paying for your warehouses?

I was looking for one but it seems to be way over my budget.

What are some good things to look out for when looking for a commercial facility?

TimP

I finally got around to snapping some pics today.

This our carpet store and my shop/storage area.

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

I got a shipment in today

IMG_3184.jpg

So I stocked the shelves after opening if you can tell what it was....

IMG_3185.jpg

And also some grout perfect stuff for personal use

IMG_3186.jpg

Here is the front of our building sorry about the reflections it was done as driving off

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

TimP

I figured someone would say something about the reflection like that. I would of retaken them but I was already home. And our store is about 5-6 miles away.

G

Lots of nice shops; lots of nice trucks; lots of nice equipment; NO CHEMICAL MIXERS!!! Except for the shop that was estroyed; he must be a mixer; sorta looks like my neighbor hood on Saturday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom