shower stall cleaning

Mikey P

Administrator
Lordy..
So much time wasted in this service.
Clueless homeowners with 30+year old cracked, molded out through and through deposit stained nightmares wanting free estimates and miracles..

If they didn't lead to whole house package deals, I'd drop them entirely.

How are you going about giving estimates?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Price it waaaaaay high.

If they still want it- I'm good, I will get paid real well.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Could you come up with a rough ball park per size, just to sort the pepper from the rat turds?

You can use it on the phone or email to cut down on the wasted trips and only go out to those that have been qualified.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
If its the only quote they want, then yes i just tell them you are looking at $300 range...
Pretty much ends the conversation.

Reactions: Russ T.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
300? You might be bidding yourself into a no profit nightmare situation and the nightmare doesn't stop with you not making money.

People expectations are really high and around the 300-500 range and expect new kind of results for that money.

For this money you need to replace all caulking rip it out and replace with silicone( which to do correctly is a day day deal) you need to be able to repair grout that is chiped or missing and then there is all the scum and effovesence you need to magically get out and magically get to not come back.

Fun stuff and can be a good money maker but don't get bit in the ass, quoting on the phone.

My problem is I can look at a floor and tell instantly what it needs and how well it will turn out, but I can't do that with shower tiles. Most I see need regrouted and new caulk. Honestly they should just replace all the tiles. So I feel you. I guess I need more experience in this area.

Reactions: Art Kelley
Name
cameron demille
There have been many times where I tried to price myself out of a job. I give the quote to be courteous, but price it waaaayy out of where I think they want to be. It backfires, they want to book in. I walk out of the house and into oncoming traffic.

If you're going to try and price yourself out of a job, make sure you're ready to do it if they say yes.

Depending on your area, $300 might scare them away. My minimum is $350, if it was a moldy cracked shower stall I didn't want to do, my estimate would be 10 times that much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom