Showers

Been getting alot of calls lately to clean t&g in showers. Looking at the Jon-Don counter spinner for this. Any feedback on this tool? Also, what is a good product to clean the hard water deposits with? And also, can I use the spinner and cleaner on glass shower doors? Oh yeah, one more question. What would be a good product to seal showers with? Going to look at some campground showerhouses in the morning that they would like cleaned and resealed. Sounds like a big job. I know I have alot of questions, but the shower cleaning is all new to me.

Name
Ron lippold
i do alot of showers and the mini spinner works good, and yes on glass, I use hardball and I spray the glass as well. Old magic al has the best soap scum remover out there.

Mikey P

Administrator
Most of the tile showers I've seen can be cleaned by hand. Stiff brush, a Oxy based detergent and a blast form your pressure washing/HF gun.

Almost always, you'll need to replace caulking or grout somewheres.

You'll see lots of failed shower pans that have caused the mold to grow all the way through the floor joints/grout and you won't be able to do much of anything with that.

9 times out of 10 if a new customer calls YOU about her shower stall, you'll go out and find a 1970's brown or gold tile nightmare that should have been yanked 20 years ago.

Stinky, nasty, wet work that demands a $350 minimum.

I saw the job this morning. EVERYTHING in these showerhouses/bathrooms is tile. The walls are actually cinderblocks with a tile face and have mortar joints, not grout joints. They are also all 8' high so a ladder may be involved (I have a bad shoulder). All in all it's just shy of 5,000 sf of tile to clean and seal. I'm working up a proposal today, but when I was getting ready to leave she said "Try to take it easy on us, the season is over and we have no money coming in." Makes me wonder if I want the job. If I lowball it at $1 per sf to clean AND seal that's 5g's and there's no way their gettin off that kinda dough! Oh well, guess I'll submit my proposal and see how it goes! If I get it, is there any special procedure for the mortar, or can I treat it like grout? Thanks for the input guys!

Gary T

You can go higher PSI on mortar as it is harder than grout. Still be careful.....

Good Luck!!!!

safeclean

Hi Aaron some jobs you will find may not respond to cleaning the only option is to re grout, color seal and re caulk this is a job I just recently done the grout had to be replaced as it was missing in most areas used a grinder to remove the rest and a fein multi master for the touch ups.

Before
beforepics001.jpg

Grout Removed
pics0ui07.jpg

New grout installed, color sealed GP and new caulk
pics031.jpg

Craig

TimP

I'm actually cleaning one tomorrow. Brown in filth from years of soap scum and dirty feet.

Stanley Steamer cleaned it about 3 years ago according to the home owner and didn't even make a dent......we'll see what I can do!

Faxed the proposal over @ 8:00 this morning and by 10:15 they had called and scheduled the job. Looks like I better order that counter spinner. Any suggestions for sealer? Solvent or Water based? Thanks for the help, wish me luck!

Craig,

That looks awesome! Good Job! I've been thinking of getting into the repair/color seal end of it. Seems like almost every job needs a little repair work and color seal could help improve the end result, and the profit margin!

safeclean

Thanks Aaron

Solvent based sealers penetrate better just have to make sure the surface is dryer. May have to go back next day to seal?

When stepping into showers the whole game changers I color seal everyshower I do but I also give NO warranty in wet areas customers up more than happy with that when they see the results. Profit Aaron is what it is all about with out it than it is just a job goodluck.

Craig

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom