Shut off valves.

Mikey P

Administrator
Somebody asked me what type of pressure hose shut off valves I like...
This all Stainless beauty will last more then a year. You'll destroy the handle way before the guts give way.

I got this one from Sal Muscatelly, John @ Mytee's evOl brother in law or cousin..I cant keep track.

If any of you MB certified suppliers sell this one please speak up.

11-18008.jpg

I also like theses Parkers. They last 6 moths or more even when cleaning Tile at 1000 pounds or more.

11-18010.jpg

Dont even bother with those Circle Seal Prochem POS.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
The parkers are very good IMO except they always leak around the nut that holds the shut-off handle on.

Moser Bros.

The damn handle fell off, the first week I had it on, I can't keep the nut from falling off. I switched from the plastic handle valve cause the little screw would fall out of the handle. I let the solution hose drag on the ground when I roll up the hoses.

R

R W

I have success with the Parker valves, unless I crank it about 1500 psi. I will then leave the valve open with a chimp standing near it....just incase.....whenn I apply pressure.

RW

Name
R.J. Povio
the handles on no matter which ones we use always break.....just like MIKEY said...the guts last along time....ive never had the guts go bad, b/c i replace when the handle breaks

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks Mikey,

It was me who contacted you a while back. I have been going through shut off valves like crazy. I am going to get me some of those valves.

Anyone selling them, contact me. I will buy....

Thanks,

Mark

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I just buy some of the cheaper ones that Greenie sells. They last a good while for as little as they cost.

We throw a spare one in the toolbox for a quick change.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we buy the parkers at least i think they are
at lowes 6 bucks i think last afew months
try one

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
handdi said:
we buy the parkers at least i think they are
at lowes 6 bucks
try one

same here, but I'm pretty sure they're not genuine "Parker"
Just a common 600psi WOG (water oil gas) ball valve
I don't know how well they last for regular hi-pressure applications,
(we only occasionally pressure wash w/TM and don't do any T&G)
but for carpet cleaning PSI, they last us 700 hours or better.
I generally change them not because they're leaking, but because they get so beat to he11 from us dragging them while reeling in the sol line
and they're cheap AND have served us better than the typically sold valve seen in the disty catalogs

.L.T.A.

-JB-

Name
JB
Bill are those the same as the ones Cobb has?

If so or not where are you getting them?

Greenie had some kick ass Plexiglas shut off handles on the valves he had at winter-fest a few years ago, friggin things never wear out or break, I just keep switchen them to the new valves.

HINT HINT Greenie.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Bill Soukoreff said:
These Parker (Italian made) mini valves last for years.

http://tinyurl.com/y9ge3ng

8683.JPG

Yep, these are great. I have used these after I blew threw 3 of the o-ring crappers.

Our parker hose will get a pin hole leak way before these fail. We use 2500 psi on pavers, and it doesn't affect them. Don't know what they cost -but don't care since they last.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have also had good luck with the Italian made stainless valves, especially since they are less than $6 apiece.

The handle will disappear before the valve fails, and we are running a fire breathing LP heating system on both trucks.

The only thing I do myself to the valve is to remove the handle screw and put lock-tite on it, and then tighten back, to keep the handle from coming off.

-JB-

Name
JB
The only thing I do myself to the valve is to remove the handle screw and put lock-tite on it, and then tighten back, to keep the handle from coming off.

Now that's a good tip!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
JB said:
Greenie had some kick ass Plexiglas shut off handles on the valves he had at winter-fest a few years ago, friggin things never wear out or break, I just keep switchen them to the new valves.

I'm sorry, but the valves of which you speak JB, are some of the biggest POS I've purchased. The friggen handles kept breaking off. The ones with the black rubber handles are the best all around, and I should know, I've tried alot of them. Heres another tip: The ones with the red metal handles are shit too, they just plain fall off.

Spurling

How about not dragging it 100 feet as you're winding it up .. that's why they break .. I bought mine from Home Depot about 2 years ago and still good .. I bring the end right to the back of the truck then wind up the hose ..

Name
Bill Soukoreff
JB said:
Bill are those the same as the ones Cobb has?

If so or not where are you getting them?

HINT HINT Greenie.

I don't know what Cobb sells. I buy mine from the Parker Store. They are not expensive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom