Silencer Q?

Name
Jesse
On my pro 1200 (99) I still have the stock silencer and it's really loud. What's the least restrictive option for me without spending unnecessarily.
My pro 2000 has 2 small mufflers that look like their off a geo metro or something. It's really quite but I don't know about the flow.

Recommendations?

Farenheit251

I had a 99 white magic pro 1200. It was one of the quietest Tms out there. Virtullay no engine noise from the van and the blower is very underdriven at like 2/3 of the rpm it should be running at making it much quieter. Actually when I went back to a slide in I began having problems at a few accts I had always cleaned at night. Are you sure you don't have a leak in the plumbing or silencer? Brian E

G

To quiet a sine wave requires TWO expansion chambers....for my 47's i use Two stainless Flowmaster 3" mufflers..one at the blower and the other on the bottom where it plumbs out......then a turndown!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jess;

Silencer backpressure is a big design concern of mine.

They are probably the most restrictive area in the vac system (after the wand).

We have been using stainless steel silencers, after seeing the typical corrosion and resultant backpressure in other TM silencers.

The one we use on our #56 blower is 3" inlet and 36" long.

It performs very well if you have the room for it.

Larry Cobb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom