Silver Solution on Wool Rug

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I cleaned a couple of rugs today with the stuff. I'm pretty happy with the results. I mixed it at 5 oz per gallon and applied it with a Cimex. Had some good scrubber bubble action going on. The last rug was too large and heavy to hang on the rack so I had to dry it in place in the pit. Here are some before an afters. It brightened up the rug pretty nice. I rinsed with a Hydramaster acid rinse specific for oriental rugs.

BEFORE:
rug1.jpeg
rug2.jpeg

AFTER:
rug3.jpeg

Soapy suds of fun"
rug5.jpeg

Dust Buster:

rug4.jpeg

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
5 ounces per gallon is a flying butt-load. 1-2 ounces is all you’ll ever need. Have you seen the price point yet? BTW. The stuff is flipping awesome.

Reactions: Nomad74

Mikey P

Administrator
I cleaned a couple of rugs today with the stuff. I'm pretty happy with the results. I mixed it at 5 oz per gallon and applied it with a Cimex. Had some good scrubber bubble action going on. The last rug was too large and heavy to hang on the rack so I had to dry it in place in the pit. Here are some before an afters. It brightened up the rug pretty nice. I rinsed with a Hydramaster acid rinse specific for oriental rugs.

BEFORE:
View attachment 110163
View attachment 110164

AFTER:
View attachment 110165

Soapy suds of fun"
View attachment 110166

Dust Buster:

View attachment 110167

Lol..

Huey, the rug is supposed to be upside down when you whack it with that stupid thing

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Actually, Now that I think about it, I used 3oz per gallon, not 5. I was not thinking straight when I got home. My arms were worn out from flushing rugs. They can be a lot of work. Even at 3oz per gallon I probably used too much. But it worked good.

Mikey P

Administrator
Actually, Now that I think about it, I used 3oz per gallon, not 5. I was not thinking straight when I got home. My arms were worn out from flushing rugs. They can be a lot of work. Even at 3oz per gallon I probably used too much. But it worked good.
next try it on an olefin Berber that's been cleaned by every hack in Redding..

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I will say this.... My initial reaction when I poured the SS into a measuring cup was, "What the hell is this stuff". I was thrown off a bit by the grey color and thick texture. Then I reminded myself the reason it was named Silver Solution. It just threw me off a little because it's so different from the normal juice we use.

Mikey P

Administrator
I will say this.... My initial reaction when I poured the SS into a measuring cup was, "What the hell is this stuff". I was thrown off a bit by the grey color and thick texture. Then I reminded myself the reason it was named Silver Solution. It just threw me off a little because it's so different from the normal juice we use.
fill a clear 2.5 gallon jug with hot water and pour in the SS and watch what happens.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom