Simple 2.5"-2" reducing cuff?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

Does anyone know where to buy the above?

I ordered 2.5" hose, and such a cuff. And the seller "cannot get the cuffs". So the 2.5" hose sets on the floor.

Just a standard cuff, I don't think the swivels are too good in 2.5".

Thx,
Dale

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Dale said:
Hi guys:

Does anyone know where to buy the above?

I ordered 2.5" hose, and such a cuff. And the seller "cannot get the cuffs". So the 2.5" hose sets on the floor.

Just a standard cuff, I don't think the swivels are too good in 2.5".

Thx,
Dale

You can get a locking style cuff to reduce from 2 1/2" to 2". Reinforced 2 1/2" swivel style are on the way also. But I have not heard of any problems with the reducer cuffs.

Scott Warrington

Greenie

Any reputable supplier that would sell you hose, should have sold you cuffs and connectors, it's like a massage without a happy ending.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Sorry, I don't want to run the hose company down. But I'm sure he's getting the meassage.

Did I get an answer? I would buy from Greenie, expect I am only in the office for a short time, and his website does not list them. And I don't want to take the time to call, when I need something.

John do you sell them? If so what part #?
Scott " " " " " " " " "

Thx,
Dale

Rex Tyus

Dale said:
Sorry, I don't want to run the hose company down. But I'm sure he's getting the meassage.

Did I get an answer? I would buy from Greenie, expect I am only in the office for a short time, and his website does not list them. And I don't want to take the time to call, when I need something.

John do you sell them? If so what part #?
Scott " " " " " " " " "

Thx,
Dale

If you hada made that call to Greenie yor 2.5" hose wouldn't be sitting in the floor right now. :shock:

Somethings are worth the time. Internet ordering is great but it has its limitations. In all seriousness I hope you get the connectors or cuffs soon. :D

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just give Greenie a call while out in the field. It will only take a minute. I call them from my cell phone quite often. Parts show up very fast. They will sell you not only their products, but products that can be helpful to you, even if they don't make them.

Mark Saiger
Saiger's Steam Clean, LLC
Grand Rapids, MN

Greenie

Here is a GG 2.5" Reducer:
And a few other Butler parts to help with airflow:

25R.jpg

25J.jpg

25JBbutler.jpg

25jbbutler2.jpg

25B2.jpg

25B.jpg

25ButElbow007.jpg

25ButElbow002.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

DSC02337-1.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Greenie,

Send me those smooth bend lid hook ups. Are they for the larger blower? Just put it on my card...again. I will call in the morning to make sure you got this message.

Mark

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
I appreciate the help.

But those are not "reducing cuffs" like we use on 2"-1.5" hose. Perhaps nobody makes them......

Thx,
Dale

Greenie

Dale, in general companies who make hose do not make cuffs, very few make 2.5" flexible hose that you would want to use for carpet cleaning, let alone cuffs for such, so a reducing cuff is unlikely.

I am curious, if you did have such an animal, you would still need a 2" barbed connector to connect your "reducer cuff" to your 2" hose. Or did you mean a "splice" type joiner cuff?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Greenie:

Yes, I would "need" use a 2" connector (no trouble finding them).

Thx,
Dale

hogjowl

Idiot™
Sorry, but I no longer have the time to keep up with ALL of the BB politics, so if I step on a few toes, all be it unintentionally, please forgive me.

When I went to using a leader hose of 2.5, Joe Bristor sold me the corresponding cuffs that were necessary. On my male end of my 2.5, I have a "reducer cuff" that connects to the female 2 inch on my first 2 inch hose. Is this what you are talking about?

If so, are these hose cuff's not still available from Joe, or one of his suppliers?

DavidVB

I don't know all the politics either, but what I do know of it seems ridiculous. I like cool cuffs so I buy my vacum hose from Joe. I just got my 21/2 lead with cuffs, reducers etc and really like them. Joes service for me has always been excellent and I enjoy talking with him.

When I buy wands or glides I buy them from Greenie. Greemie's service is always excellent and I also always enjoy talking with him.

Greenie

I was answering Dale's request to the best of my ability, It didn't appear he was asking about coolcuffs, heck I have a shelf FULL of coolcuffs I'd love to sell him.

Just for the record: I don't care if you use a metal reducer or a coolcuff plastic one, it is still a barbed insert that you will stuff into a 2.5" hose.

This is what I am attempting to point out....if Dale is still going to use an "easily found" 2" barbed connector he might as well just use a barbed reducer and be done with it. This is carpet cleaning, let's keep it simple.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Your looking for something like this right?
hosecuff_ah48_lg.jpg
I haven't seen one made for 2.5" to 2"

Here is what most are using since most people use cool cuffs
Reducer
ah146_lg.jpg

Then put a Male On that
ah120_2inmale_lg.jpg

The you can hook up your 2" hose like normal (running female to male)

Any questions call me and I'll hook you up or call Greenie he has a bunch of that stuff as well.

Greenie

One final note for Dale, you don't actually "need" any cuffs, the machined reducer I posted above can be inserted directly into the raw vacuum hose, this applies to both hose diameters, it would be a semi-permanent connection and very secure, it would also be very compact and hardly even visible.

R

R W

I was at Greenglides shop last week, and I assure you....THEY have reducers, connectors.....anything you need for a 2.5 hose. I was like a kid in a candy store I could have filled a shopping cart!! Tonight, I had a setup on the second floor, and left the 2.5 to 2" reducer in the van. I simply slipped the 2" cuff into the 2.5 cuff, and it sealed right up. It was a temp connect until I ran to the van and got the right reducer, but it worked.

Oh, and for Marty only......I got to see your namesake at Greenglides shop. Marty, the Pug. A lot of resemblance, if I recall what you look like......

....that's a compliment for the Marty.

R

R W

Marty......Marty is a fine looking pug. I didn't notice the "package", so I can't comment on that. He looks like a tough English Bulldog, without the wrinkles.

Oh, and he has a curly tail.....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
A simple reducer for 2.5 to 2, as per Greenie's instructions.
take Greenies aluminum reducer and jam it into the 2.5 hose
take the 2" coolcuff adaptor and jam it onto the reducer
It ain't coming off!!
08-07-112-5to2inreducer002.jpg

Oh, when I say jam, I mean hammer! It took a fair bit of effort to fit it together. But it works great.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ron Werner said:
A simple reducer for 2.5 to 2, as per Greenie's instructions.

Oh, when I say jam, I mean hammer! It took a fair bit of effort to fit it together. But it works great.

Or you can soak the hose end in a bowl of boiling water for a couple of minutes and simply slide the reducer into the plastic hose with little effort. Like the way we would put hose connectors into cuffs when it's 3 degrees outside. Praise Allah for coolcuffs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom