Simple fact.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well, it's big for me. Probably very small from your point of view.

It's a 35X75 hardwood floor in a restaurant dining room floor. about 2/3 of the floor is very old and has several areas that look terrible from golfers walking on it in their golf cleats back in the mid 1950's. The other 1/3 of it is a newer pine hardwood that shouldn't give me any problems. I plan on cleaning or removing any acrylic finish on it before I use Basic's liquid bonding Tykote and 2 coats of Streetshoe Gloss on it.

It's great on clean to sort of clean floors.

On a caked restaurant I expect a video of the most epic of Petrified tantrums.

F

FB7777

I'm envisioning a Meg style excuse to an irate customer over an undelivered expection due to incompetence

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Bring a 175 or CRB, you're going to need something more aggressive to scrub with

and a HS wand
I'm planning on using the IFT or stripper polish remover first with a green pad in small sections and extracting that mess up with squeaky in the machine

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm envisioning a Meg style excuse to an irate customer over an undelivered expection due to incompetence
I have my maroon pads and tm hard surface wand as backup in case this machine fails.

The expectation won't be undelivered. I'd rather lose money on the job before I have an irate customer. Losing dozens of customers due to an irate customer is a lot worse than losing a few hundred dollars on just one job. That's just part of being self employed

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Sound to me like you need the maroon pad and use the DD as vac and rinse🤷🏼‍♂️
I'm experimenting on a different method with the Tykote to replace the maroon pad method. The Tykote chemical is a bonding chemical that replaces the purpose of the maroon pad, which is to open up the original sealer so the new finish will attach to it. I don't know how thin the original finish is, which is why I don't want to aggravate it any more with the maroon. But I will if there's a crappy wax finish that the stripper won't remove, I'll have to

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Got two battery MultiSprayers I have replaced factory for stronger components in over the years. Stronger pumps, bigger plumbing, pressure-washer wand, etc. Carry extra 2-gal. jugs to fill and swap out as needed. Usually mix 1 - 3 initially. Like to know exactly what I'm putting on the carpet, and like the flexibility to easily change the mix for different situations on the same job. Been doing it like this for 14-15 years. Prior to that, I used HFs, both standard and variable.

The battery MSs require maintenance. No experience with the 120v MSs.

Got a MultiSprayer brand in-line with a couple extra jugs form Olson last year. Its unused. Might give it a try on an open 4,500 sq. ft. room next week. Remove yellow restrictor? What are the ratios with and without the restrictor?

Much obliged.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Remove yellow restrictor? What are the ratios with and without the restrictor?

8-1 with stock yellow thingie
I'd expect most here remove them due to reliability/consistency issues
(that they likely won't admit it due to rationalization/denial issues or are just plain clueless mooks )

it's 4-1 without insert

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
With the yellow tip, it's 8-1 like Larry says. That's for liquids. Take it out and it's 4-1 for powders. Never put powder in the hydra-force, mix it in a pail first, then pour it in. Follow that and you won't have any problem with inconsistencies or clogging. For large jobs, I mix up a couple of extra containers as well.

Reactions: Johnny

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Modified my electric multisprayer with bigger pump and plumbing too.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
baloney
You know it, I know it and manufactures know it .
The draw changes (decreases) as solution temps increase
and at 220 they don't draw at all

..L.T.A.
It doesn't make any difference because of the sheer volume you are putting out. If it changes to 7-1 or 9-1, it really doesn't make any difference. It's absolutely the fastest way to get a good amount of prespray down and at the same time, it warms up your truck. By the time you finish prespraying, you truck is hot and ready to go.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Either way...back to the original start of this thread..I’ll be using a pump up sprayer to spray either the IFT or Floor polish remover before I extract it with the DD that has a very low solution of squeaky in the rinse to neutralize it.

There’s times when each of the three sprayers are needed and to depend on just one kind of sprayer is foolish
My boss made me use a pump up the entire time during my first two years as an employee which made me add hate to my job at the time

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom