Since A Few Members Here Think My Van's Rough...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Jim Martin said:
gen4.jpg

I get queasy every time I look at this...........

Jim....seriously. Is it the rust, the bottles, or the cramped space? Your fortunate to live in a dry climate. The waste tank could only be mounted there for direct flow to the blower, otherwise I would have had to run a few feet of plumbing from blower to waste tank. I will fix the rust and repaint....then would it look better?

The rust is the result of the one disadvantage to having an onboard water softener (Kinetico), because it could occationally spill brine from the tank while driving on our pot-hole infested streets here. Another is the salt and brine the State coats our roads with every winter.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
rwcarpet said:
Jim Martin said:
gen4.jpg

I get queasy every time I look at this...........

Jim....seriously. Is it the rust, the bottles, or the cramped space? Your fortunate to live in a dry climate. The waste tank could only be mounted there for direct flow to the blower, otherwise I would have had to run a few feet of plumbing from blower to waste tank. I will fix the rust and repaint....then would it look better?

The rust is the result of the one disadvantage to having an onboard water softener (Kinetico), because it could occationally spill brine from the tank while driving on our pot-hole infested streets here. Another is the salt and brine the State coats our roads with every winter.

Its all the above....I carry a Kinetico softener and I have never had that problem...proper float adjustment and keep the salt level higher then the water level and it cant slop around.....

I will agree my drier climate helps me out....but I also try to use parts that don't rust..galvanized pipe will rust even in my climate.......

on a side note...if your looking for a vote for the roughest van...you got my vote.....

Connor

Name
Connor
jeff healey said:
sometimes ya gotta cut a spot or two so the new panel will lay straight and flush....
GHC ConnOr i THOUGHT you had a brain.............
all you need is a drill....1/8 drill bit.....grinder and some good snips and a pop rivet gun....
OHH and use aluminum rivets or you has RUST spots all down the side of yor truck...........

WARNING....this is NOT to be attempted by would be plumbers or other neanderthal types wit a screwdriver and pair of plyers..........

Hey, at least I can spell pliers. AND i figured since you like to do HACK work, you'd hack that up too.

Of course, if you knew how to weld, you would have done it. I know, you're no paint and body man. 'Specially after the orANGE peel and runs on that dually was revealed.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Connor said:
jeff healey said:
sometimes ya gotta cut a spot or two so the new panel will lay straight and flush....
GHC ConnOr i THOUGHT you had a brain.............
all you need is a drill....1/8 drill bit.....grinder and some good snips and a pop rivet gun....
OHH and use aluminum rivets or you has RUST spots all down the side of yor truck...........

WARNING....this is NOT to be attempted by would be plumbers or other neanderthal types wit a screwdriver and pair of plyers..........

Hey, at least I can spell pliers. AND i figured since you like to do HACK work, you'd hack that up too.

Of course, if you knew how to weld, you would have done it. I know, you're no paint and body man. 'Specially after the orANGE peel and runs on that dually was revealed.

you mean the DUALLY i had a heart attack in the middle of painting it white.....THAT ONE?

jesus man there was white ever whurr i looked...............

Connor

Name
Connor
jeff healey said:
you mean the DUALLY i had a heart attack in the middle of painting it white.....THAT ONE?

jesus man there was white ever whurr i looked...............

Yeah, the old beater, you ever sell it?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Naww madder a fact i jus had it out...
it was lite up like a christmas tree....
i was stylin'............cost me a half a tank for about a half an hours running it!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
jeff healey said:
Naww madder a fact i jus had it out...
it was lite up like a christmas tree....
i was stylin'............cost me a half a tank for about a half an hours running it!
i MAY has some orange peel and maybe a sag or two....
But it runs like a rapedfuckingape! prolly around 475 HP

Connor

Name
Connor
Who's gonna rape an ape, bawb, maybe steal a kiss or cop a feel, but those things would kEEEL you. I don't think you can slip one a roofie either. NO, MEANS NO!

OR in your usual case, "Baa Baa!" means no!

Connor

Name
Connor
Mercy killin', I did it with kindness..... while turning the other cheek.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Connor said:
Mercy killin', I did it with kindness..... while turning the other cheek.

Grandma liked the flurrs...HOWEVER she's STILL alive!
thank you but please don kill grandma.........

an' she don need to see the cheek either......

Back
Top Bottom