Sisal

Bob Foster

What kind of process do you suggest to clean this guy? Complaint is the spots in the middle from table legs.

I was even thinking of giggling it.

DSC03332.jpg

DSC03333.jpg

DSC03330.jpg

DSC03331.jpg

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Going to have to cleaning it evenly. Maybe a little filtration soiling removal product. If those are metal legs, you're going to need something to break the charge and bond so it will remove.

Bob Foster

Thanks Steve but I am thinking it would be a good idea to avoid wetting it out. The challenge is not the spot removal but what I should do to clean the whole carpet without it ending up looking worse than before cleaning. I am considering just treating the spots and the canvas edging only as the rest of the carpet is in good condition.

This is for a very good customer and I took care to explain some of the issues and her expectations are appropriate considering the material.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Bob Foster said:
Thanks Steve but I am thinking it would be a good idea to avoid wetting it out. The challenge is not the spot removal but what I should do to clean the whole carpet without it ending up looking worse than before cleaning. I am considering just treating the spots and the canvas edging only as the rest of the carpet is in good condition.

This is for a very good customer and I took care to explain some of the issues and her expectations are appropriate considering the material.

Sounds like a good plan. I'm just concerned that there will be 4 dark spots from the spot cleaning even if you remove the staining, happens a lot with sisal.

Bob Foster

As well as being darker the fiber is compression crushed. I think maybe a little steaming might swell them and lift them. I might even try a little needle and lifting a few of the strands. No test area to work with either.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I used Host to clean a glued down sisal carpet in a store that had a lot of foot traffic. I would only clean the open areas so HWE might have caused a slight color change where the carpet got wet. I cleaned it every 3 months for years. I was always amazed with how good the carpet turned out. Host will do a good job of cleaning.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Last time I spot cleaned a sisal it ended up costing $350 for a rug plant to fix the problem. We had covered it while doing other work but the tarp must have been a bit soiled. I thought it was wool and wet the damn thing. Good luck.

Albert

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I would charge $500 to clean it and go buy them another. If you enjoy the challenge, great, but these usually take so much time and the results are so poor that you may as well call them disposable.

It's possible to wet the rug out evenly and work on the spots, but you're unlikely to be successful at removing the spots without altering the color in those areas. The bad things that could happen are uneven color loss, even if wet out evenly, and water marks if it dries unevenly. This type of rug really needs to be tacked out during cleaning to stop shrinking and curling. In this case the binding has already shrunk and is screwing up the corners.

PS: They make a fantastic biodegradable weedblocker.

Name
Nate W.
I'm with Bryan on this one... Not worth the effort... I'd just suggest putting the table back on it... shiteatinggrin

Bob Foster

Randy if I did that I would be afraid the canvas type trim would let go. I'm going to just give it back. The house keeper and I would be better off to say its totalled than either one of us saying it went out for cleaning and was ruined in the attempt to clean it.

DSC03330.jpg

DSC03331.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom