sit down or stand up

jimmyolas

brokentable.jpg
well i sat down. Ok, fell down. was backing up and all of the sudden i fell through the cheap coffee table. Ended up cleaning extra armchair and a discount for the nice lady.
Oh well. Any other stories of mini disasters? jimmy o :oops: :oops: :oops:

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Hee hee - once you start falling backwards over stuff like that there's no recovery :lol:

Two weeks ago I was cleaning a very nice place for a property manager and was cleaning under a dining table light (I always seem to bang into these even when I know they're there) which was a 3 tier frosted glass thing. I hit my head on the middle one and it broke, sending glass all down my freakin back. Easy to replace though.

Chris A

Name
Chris
That SUCKS! I've biffed many a time in a customers home.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
My tech and I were cleaning one day in a retired Foreign Service official's home. The wife had just told me how their 3/4" thick beveled glass dining room table that sat eight people at it had been all over the world with them over the last forty years. This was the most travelled glass table in the history of the world. Pakistan, Russia, Italy, Australia, Brazil, you name it, this table had been there!

Not three minutes later my tech swung one of the wrought iron dining room chairs back under the table and BANG, took a 4" chunk out of the glass! That one cost me 1,500.00 bucks in 1985 dollars! Oh well, as a friend of mine once told me, "Everything eventually becomes a story!" And so it is ...

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Stuff like this is all the more reason to build up big emotional credit (at SFS we call them "Moments of Truth") with the customer BEFORE you screw up. Cheerleaders are much more forgiving!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wow, good thing you weren't hurt
(at least I hope the only thing you hurt was your pride)

I creamed a brand new steel desk with a rotary once.
I was using a 20" cotton pad under a 16" drive block and got too close the desk leg.
The pad edge hooked the leg, the pad folded up and LAUNCHED the 100+ pound rotary into the side of the desk

My little bit of metal finishing/repair experience at the UAW car plant came in handy that weekend.
I popped the buckle out and pounded out the crease, then a little sanding and paint.
I was prepared to paint the whole desk, but found an exact satin black spray can match off the shelf, so i only had to paint one panel bashed up all too he11 :oops: :oops:

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

my chimp and I went to pick up a large dining room table with some stuff piled on it. As soon a s we both lifted it up it completely broke in a million pieces. I was seriously looking for the hidden camera. This thing had to have been setup?We were actually laughing because it was like something out of the movies how bad this table was broken. Turns out, the table was 30+ years old and had been glued together many many times with no screws either. The family laughed about it to.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Client was telling me NOT to move this dining room table. One leg was broken. I kept telling her that it will slide nice with sliders.
Well, I put sliders under, pulled it over a few feet, nothing happened.
THEN I go to pull it the other way and the thing collapses!! Oh crap.

I gave them $50 off to cover the repair.

What did I learn? When a client says "Don't move the furniture because its broken or whatever" Trust them!!
:roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
a lady put some old rickety dining room chairs upside down on her table with the backs hanging over the side once. I bumped into one and when it fell the leg broke off.
She didn't care because they were old. Gave her a reason to buy a new set.

JFRASER

I once put a hole in the wall of a custys house. I was walking down the stairs and steped on the solution hose and sliped down with my wand. My wand went right through the wall. That was a hard one to explain.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I grabbed a table just like that one, when I starting to move it one of the glass panels fell out

I caught it before it hit so it didn't break

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Bob Foster said:
How many times have you whacked your head on a dining room light?

On almost every job!!
I am 6' 7" so those hanging dining room lights come close to my head...

Zee

Name
Nate W.
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
[quote="Bob Foster":3dzxav73]How many times have you whacked your head on a dining room light?

On almost every job!!
I am 6' 7" so those hanging dining room lights come close to my head...

Zee[/quote:3dzxav73]

My pops same size and has the same problems. Door ways, lights, even those ceiling fans.

I'm blessed not to have those problems. :wink:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
A couple of times I've stepped backwards and tripped over a blower or spotter kit. I've broke a few things but has anyone else had the cops called for stealing water from a neighbors house when cleaning a empty rental? Well Thursday it happened to me for the second time. Those black ladies get pretty mad when you steal their water.

Name
Nate W.
KevinL said:
A couple of times I've stepped backwards and tripped over a blower or spotter kit. I've broke a few things but has anyone else had the cops called for stealing water from a neighbors house when cleaning a empty rental? Well Thursday it happened to me for the second time. Those black ladies get pretty mad when you steal their water.

Use your best Rodney King voice and say, "Can't we all just get aaalong?"

I never did get the cops called. I always ask or get permission. PM or owner of the place should have known about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom