Skunk odor on aniline leather

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Received a call from a customer who's dog tangled with a skunk and jumped up on their aniline leather sofa.

Have yet to run across this.

Looking to get some input from you leather guru's

Thanks!

Mikey P

Administrator
In a plastic bucket, mix well the following ingredients:
1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 cup of baking soda
1 to 2 teaspoons liquid soap
is the normal de-skunk-fier

I would expect some color change/shift o
n Aniline died surface though

Higgins may know but last I heard he was free loading 9 course meals in Greenville and wouldn't leave.

Reactions: MicahR

harryhides

Name
Tony
Make sure that your customer knows that this is a case of salvage cleaning and that their furniture has zero value at present and that they must bear all the risks involved in attempting a restoration in this case.

How serious or difficult odour issues are depends a great deal upon the absorbency of the material involved.
So although Aniline is more absorbent than protected leather, it is still much less absorbent than most fabrics.
The newer or less worn the Aniline the better and of course the less wet the dog was the better.

If you are comfortable with cleaning Aniline then go ahead and clean as usual and after a second cleaning and drying with a hair dryer set on "warm" give it the sniff test.
If it passes your sniff test give it a dose of that new leather smell product if you have any.

Greenville is a very pretty little city where I was well treated by a half a dozen people that I know in and around there.
I musta missed the veggie palace where you gorged yourself.

Reactions: MicahR

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom