slides.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Has anyone actually used these things and can give a review of them........

I like using the hole glide on Berber and commercial carpet and the hybrid on most others.....

Had 5 jobs yesterday and had to switch my glide 3 different times and it is a PITA to have to pry it off and pound the other one on..........

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I can help you with that Problem Jim. Just buy 2 more wands and you won't have to keep taking the gides off :)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I use the holed glide on everything I prevacuum, no problems.
I've got a hybrid for restaurants.
I pry the glides off with a big flat head screwdriver, and snap the other one in place. I'm using a greenhorn and they interchange quite well.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I used a hole glide before I started pre-vaccing, its not that big of deal unless there's DEBRIS on the carpet.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Notch the wand and they slide off very easy. Get a dremil tool and pics from greenie. You all ready have the glides, no need to spend money.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I second what John suggested. I have a Greenie tricked out Ti wand and bought a second one not only as a back up but I also use it when I occasionally duel wand.
With the sweet set up you have I am surprised you don't have a second quality wand (with a different glide) on the truck.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
kmdineen said:
I second what John suggested. I have a Greenie tricked out Ti wand and bought a second one not only as a back up but I also use it when I occasionally duel wand.
With the sweet set up you have I am surprised you don't have a second quality wand (with a different glide) on the truck.

Same suggestion. We dual alot so we have two wands. Why not just use the hole glide on it all? I never used any other model.

Greenie

With Jim's talent, I was surprised he hasn't already notched his Ti wand.

It's pretty easy, just be sure to use a sharpie to trace the radius of the back side of the glide on the INSIDE of the splashguard on the side of the wand you normally tend to edge with, BEFORE you Pry it off!
( ie: righties cut the right splashguard as you look down from the cleaning position.)
The opposite side splashguard serves as the "stop".

This makes it so that every time you "tap" a baseboard you are pushing the glide tight back onto the wand, vs; the opposite which would be sliding the glide OFF the wand everytime you touched a wall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom