Slot, Hybrid, holed Glides comparison.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just bought a Hybrid for my Evo 2" from Green Glides

I have used a slot glide on my old 1 1/2 X 12" from Greenie and have loved it. They say the holed is better but won't pick up debris.

Never used a Hybrid but I took a chance and it will be on it's way tomorrow. I will let you know what happens.

Any opinions on the glides?

Rex Tyus

It is a personal preference kinda thing. I use the Hybrid most often. I have been known to hack away rentals with the slot(when I am feeling strong) however.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The slot glide on the Evo 2" has proved to be a bit of a bear on some of the carpets. Hard to push around. Still cleans good but I am in need of pimp juice. Can't wait for it to get here.

Anyone remember the old Bugs Bunny cartoons when he mails a letter and gets his package in all of 2 seconds??
And they say we are advancing as a nation.

I call BS! Where's my friggin Green Glide????

WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have tried all 3, the hole will not pick up anything even a blade of grass that you track in when walking back from the truck, the hybrid sucks a little more but not much, you might as well go with the hole glide, I myself prefer the slot glide,

TimP

I've got the hole glide and yes it wont pick up large dibris. But it still manages to fill my lint filter up pretty quick so it does pick up stuff. It pushes very easy and leaves the carpet pretty dry. If you got something to suck up that is larger all you gotta do is use your hose cuff.

I've never used a hybrid glide......seen it on Rex's wand that's it

I've used a slot glide on my hydrahoe and all I can say is mehhh. It was easy to push but that's cause it's a 1.5 " wand. I didn't notice any aggitation with it but then again it was easy to push.

From what I understand

Hole glide...easiest push driest carpet little aggitation at all

Hybrid easy push a bit of aggitation and dry carpet

Slot glide....hardest to push, most aggitation, dry but not like hybrid or hole (most moisture left of glides).

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've been using a hybrid for about 3 months now, I like it, clogs up 2-3 times a day and I don't vac

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
we have all three.

Hole and slot for our notched Ti and a hybred for our drag wand

the slot glide get used 99.9% of the time.
even with a thorough vac, we're still pulling the cuff off the wand to suck up bits of debris w/hole glide.
ACE that!
BTW, my side by side tests, with "our" wanding technique shows little to no improvement in dry times ("complete" dry) between hole or slot.

your milelage may vary.

hole glide is easiest to push by far

..L.T.A.

Brian, I have a greenhorn wand, About 2 weeks ago the slotted glide that came with the wand needed replaced. I replaced it with a hybrid glide. Liked it right away, much easier to use, dries better then the slotted, only does not scream at the wand as much, as the slotted(its quieter). I do not pre vac my commercial accounts, I use my icapsul which will pick up some of the big stuff, It seems I still take the cuff off about the same. I was surprised the holes/small slots do not clog on mine. I can only tell you my experience with it. I run 85 feet of 2.5 with my 47 butler. As are all the products I have bought from Greenglides, simply the best. Ron

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom