slow no phones ringing

G

any body else slow here in upstate ny syracuse dead no dial tone??????? call people dont want any cleaning done now. call commerical we are laying off, resturants business is very slow we are cutting back.

(if you always do what youve always done you always get what always got)

campusman57

G

like i said in my previous posts which you have read i worked for coit here for 8 years and my self for 8 years there is about 5 of us independent cleaners that talk to each other and they are dead to they been doing it lonerg than me .

G

dont know i would have to go in the program and look it up

its a different animal here

G

remember here it dies right down near christmas there is not a lot of holiday cleaning here different market here just like when i worked for coit here we were dead but buffalo and rochester where busy its been the same for a long time

Mikey P

Administrator
What is a different animal?

The weather?
The mind sets of the average homeowner?
Which direction the water twirls down the terlet?

What?

How could you not know how many regular clients you have?

I dont get it.

G

never got into it the program dont have a number for you but i do have a lot and a lot of repeat customers i dont live in cal like u where the weather is nice 9 months of the year remember in some places here the lowest number of inches of snow is about 180 inches people dont want any cleaning when it starts getting cold its been the same believe me and these bee quite a number of big business gone out of business and magna chrysler is about to cloes here to

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:
What is a different animal?

The weather?
The mind sets of the average homeowner?
Which direction the water twirls down the terlet?

What?

How could you not know how many regular clients you have?

I dont get it.

Is that something we are supposed to keep up with? Damn. :(

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
we can go down river? or maybe with the snow there can be peace.Ha ha but when its slow,
man can we go eat cake ? How often do flies meet and talk? I dunno but Luddy cracks meup , with insane breathing about his face . ta ta yous obongoes!

TimP

I'm not certain of my client numbers, but I'd say at least 300 or more. I can find out but I'm not motivated....I'm going to be direct marketing them starting in January. Every customer from this year gets a reminder card starting next year. I've got records starting from January....I found this year that I couldn't direct market cause I didn't have good records.

My phone has been ringing. Not off the hook but it has. I did an estimate for about a 3k sq ft house half tile half carpet, and a shower. They may go for color sealing and protector. I'm thinking it could potentially be a 2-3 grand job :shock: it would be my biggest one yet if they go for it which I'm not counting on it. I bid off a cgd job for 350 for saturday that I feel good about getting I find that out tomorrow, although it's not in mine or Rex's main area. And I'm pretty well booked the rest of the week and a few jobs next week. I'm feeling fairly good about the month especially if I get the big one for next week I could be looking at a huge week. Plus I have another possible 2+ grand job on the back burner waiting for money but it may be next year before that one comes in which would be fine. And these big jobs are possible due to learning color sealing thanks to this board.

Able 1

Name
Keith
In Wisconsin it's been great! But these Kirtland Wabler bird keep sh*tting on my van so I shot 2 this week with my pellet gun...

Taste rather well!!

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Did you pay your phone bill?

Might want to try mailing to your customer base. I know which months are typically going to be slower and send out a special offer. I get a great response.

I got a little nervous last week thinking Obama kilt my business. Only had 6 jobs, but this week the phone started ringing again.

If you don't have a website go download Yahoo sitebuilder and get it going. It's the best $9.95 a month I've ever spent.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
we have been doing ok, michel booked 15 jobs today but only like 7-8 yesterday..it has been pretty steady like that. i got to tell ya that i am stunned that you dont know how many customers you have..how are you touching for reminders or are you just waiting for them to call hoping they remember the number?
i or someone in the company looks over the customer base at least once a week or so and we always pick up several customers that we say..hhmmm we havent heard form them in a while so we give then a ring just to check in..95% of the time it books a job..they always say that they got the reminder and meant to call but threw it away and then forgot..
you must use your existing customer base....
coit must be the breading ground of winners..
our leader here on the board and former coit genius has a head the size of a planet and gave his mom a vaganis when he was born..30 stitches i read in the medical book..

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
no one of our best pieces of advertising came out the same day most customers got their reminders so it was a little more active than usual..mondays are always our crazy phone day..steady tues slow wed and thurs and friday is all the can you please fit me in today or the dog shit emergency day..
tues is the bni day and we usually get 2-4 jobs from them.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yep..frank runs the other truck..we found it worked out best to partner up and dominate the jacksonville market.
both trucks are identical as will all the other trucks be the same. we plan on 1 box truck..all will be butlers.
on a side note we also just raised our prices...40 per sqft..

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
322.50 to be exact
then we do about 70 or so reminders and mix in some gift cert every few months..we are really big into direct community advertising. we went the rout of radio trying to reach a large amount of people but find that we stay booked solid when we saturate the local area..we have pretty much branded the area, everywhere you turn you see something with my logo on it.
i have had people question if we have 5-6 trucks on the road.
we target a 20 mile area and let the referrals from them take us further. it works really well we just have to make sure we keep telling people what areas we cover both in person and in all the advertising.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
When you say your logo is everywhere are you talking signs, billboards, benches, t shirts please clue me in on this. I wont tell anyone on the board. :lol:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have a awesome referral program that works great.
that is the main thing that brings in business..
the next one is a local paper called the yourconnection.
we run a full page every month and go on the cover every few months. it has really helped brand our logo and look. it runs 222.50 per month and brings in about 5500.00 per month. i love this paper more than anything ever..at times there are 5-6 other cleaners in it but all their ad's look the same..all about prices. all my ad's are about how safe we are in the home and i run lots of testimonials.
we do tons of community events and sponsorship. it is cheaper than traditional advertising and plants you in the community deeper. lots of church give a way's and donations of cleanings to events.
it is all about saturating the local community and let them refer their friends that are out of the area. that way when you go for a longer drive it is for solid money and not nickle and dime shit.
it takes a little time but we stay pretty busy in what i call outside of our area.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Mikey P said:
and who are your biggest chearleaders?

The homeowners themselves?
Realtors?
Retailers?
Designers?
31 Flavors?

the 1st would be home owners. we average 3 new customers from EVERY customer we do. the tricky part is keeping them referring for us..that is where the program comes into play.

the 2nd is realtors..we are hooked up with 3 of the bigger players in the area.

very little from retailers
and very little from designers
31 flavors can lick my balls

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Larry B said:
When you say your logo is everywhere are you talking signs, billboards, benches, t shirts please clue me in on this. I wont tell anyone on the board. :lol:

doodle pads every where..shirts, key chain lanyards, drink cozies, pens, banners.
we leave things all over the place..stacks of cards, magnets doodle pads
we dont let any opportunity to pimp out logo go..we take advantage of everything we can, even some things we aren't allowed to like going to the grocery store and putting doodle pads in the shopping carts for people to use as grocery lists..then they take them home and call us..hopefully.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Mikey P said:
Great stuff Dave.

How would you like to do a hot seat here one night where we could go into more details?

I'll bring Pie!

i would be up for that..as long as it is cherry pie!!
let me know
dave

i have to go to bed now..long day tomorrow..
night all

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom