Slow Paying Accounts

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Has anyone else noticed a lot of companies being very slow to pay? I'm sitting here with nearly $6000 in accounts that are over 30 days and I'm getting PISSED OFF. It seems that in the slower economic times paying on time is no longer fashionable. Anyone got any ideas on how to light some fires under the appropriate asses in a nice way?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
resend the bills with a giant OVERDUE printed on them.. idk.

Name
steve snail
Read in the WSJ today that the new European owners of Budweiser have put all their vendors on a 120 day wait for payment.

Residential usually pay the same day. Willy, sounds like you been working for some of BaWbs ghetto clients.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ever see that Stewie cartoon where he's putting the stink on his dog friend?

"I want my money man,
I'm tired of you ducking me man"

someone post that cartoon..it's a good one

I have a slow/no payer right now.
It's not near as much as your outstanding one, but pretty substantial. (a couple grand)

Pretty regular for these birds too.
They've been a long time account (over 8 years) and about 2 times a year I have to cut them off til they get me caught up.

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I use large #10 neon yellow astrobrite envelopes to mail my bills.

They notice them before anything else.

TimP

It seems that you need to start putting terms on your origional bill. That way you can make a some interest to offset any costs you incure fore late payment.

Everytime I do work for a large corporation it takes for ever to get paid, so I have decided if I do work for them I add a good bit to the bill to make it worth doing.

Rex Tyus

meAt said:
ever see that Stewie cartoon where he's putting the stink on his dog friend?

"I want my money man,
I'm tired of you ducking me man"

someone post that cartoon..it's a good one

I have a slow/no payer right now.
It's not near as much as your outstanding one, but pretty substantial. (a couple grand)

Pretty regular for these birds too.
They've been a long time account (over 8 years) and about 2 times a year I have to cut them off til they get me caught up.

..L.T.A.

Dude that is my favorite episode. I was bitching one day about accounts receivables and my 12 year old son asked if I wanted him to go "Stewie" on them. :lol: :lol:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
that is about the average for my company but I find when cash flow is hurting or receivables get to the point I can't remember in my head and i have to go to my collections sheet it is time to stop by.
I find alot of people hanging on to bills until they are called and then they send it out right away or ready for pick up.

People are tight but most have enough to pay when asked. Couple phone calls or stop ins and you have a bunch of checks coming. Or pull a Ron L and stop in with the invoice and say your there to pick up the check

Mr.V

sometimes calling and asking if your cheque has been sent yet gets them off their a$$

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom