Slow Shipping!

Name
Steve Lawrence
Most of my products get here pretty quickly from most suppliers.

I recently ordered a small item and it took 5.5 days to get here and arrived at 9pm. It used to only take 3.

They probably are trying to increase their overnight orders since they probably make a bunch off that. Who knows?

I think they must ship the following day or something. Seems slow to me! Might be looking for a new supplier soon.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Shout out to Rotovac for getting me a new pump in less than 20 hours. $34 for freight.

One of my customers pulled the discharge hose to water a bald patch on his lawn. When he did, he kinked the hose. After pushing against the kink a while, the poor pump just conked out. I’m in the habit of glancing over things every ten minutes or so but never thought of checking the hose.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Shout out to Rotovac for getting me a new pump in less than 20 hours. $34 for freight.

One of my customers pulled the discharge hose to water a bald patch on his lawn. When he did, he kinked the hose. After pushing against the kink a while, the poor pump just conked out. I’m in the habit of glancing over things every ten minutes or so but never thought of checking the hose.
you should add it to that customers bill. Never let your customers touch your equipment.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
you should add it to that customers bill. Never let your customers touch your equipment.

I isn’t that I disagree with you Ron, but this fellow is a close friend and the mistake was entirely innocent. He would be mortified if I tell him (it’s a Southern thang) and would insist on paying. If I took it, the money would always be an issue. If he had discovered the problem and offered instead of me asking, I could take the money in good conscience.

It might not make complete sense and if he were a stranger it would be entirely different.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I isn’t that I disagree with you Ron, but this fellow is a close friend and the mistake was entirely innocent. He would be mortified if I tell him (it’s a Southern thang) and would insist on paying. If I took it, the money would always be an issue. If he had discovered the problem and offered instead of me asking, I could take the money in good conscience.

It might not make complete sense and if he were a stranger it would be entirely different.
I see your point. Close friends and customers are a poor mix. Same for family.

Reactions: Old Coastie
Name
Jeff T
Had friend borrow a chainsaw once. I showed him how to start it with the throttle lock on. He forgot to disengage the chain brake, so, the machine sat there and struggled while he put his safety gear on... the machine has not been the same since...

FyreLyter

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Dillon
When an order comes in to us we get it out the same day as long as it gets in before 2:30 PST. UPS picks up at 3pm. Unless UPS is being stupid or delayed I can ship from San Fran Bay Area to the east coast in 5 days regular ground. What is really stupid is it takes two days to ship something to SoCal from here. I think they only deliver about 4 hours away from my location 1 day ground with out paying next day fees.

UPS is not the best carrier either... just who we use and have an account with.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom