Slow times - in need of advice for better advertising

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hello we are 1 1/2 year into business times are incredibly slow for us. What are some ways we can generate some more leads. I would like to hear what works and what doesn't and what is more of a waste of money. Thank you
Get a Vac-Tat on your forearm......I got more jobs than ANY other way i tried
Female cashiers can't resist asking about it ...which starts the sales pitch!
Small ...no knifes..skulls or any kinna thug crap!
Mikey......put up the template for him

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Can you post a short video of you explaining your processes, explaining how protectors work, or don't work, and explaining how to properly mop a floor, as if we the viewer are your customer?

At this point in your career, I'll be able to guide you further, or suggest another career path.

Suggesting different advertising options if you don't have the "Minty Fresh Breath" personality and gift of gab, would be a disservice...

For extra points, explain to me like I was employee, how your extractor works...

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Been in two hospitals the last few days and I'm jus guessing I had at least a dozen or so nursee and doctors question me about my tat......every one thought it was so cool....so you can all laugh if you want.....but know I'm laughing back!

Last edited:
Reactions: Luky and Cleanworks

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
No advertising really “works”. But what Bob says has merit. You have to put yourself out there and let people know what you do. Hand out business cards at a local gas station. You’ll have a customer in no time. Plus you’ll know they are available because they’re not at work. Be ready to give your prices and be confident.
Go inside and get breath mints first.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No advertising really “works”. But what Bob says has merit. You have to put yourself out there and let people know what you do. Hand out business cards at a local gas station. You’ll have a customer in no time. Plus you’ll know they are available because they’re not at work. Be ready to give your prices and be confident.
Go inside and get breath mints first.
And for Gods sake spritz the weed smell off yorsef.......

Reactions: Trip Moses

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Was thinking about this post last night.

The first thing I thought was turn off your computer, quit depending on your SEO whoever guy, and go pound the pavement with some nice brochures and magnets in your business vehicle CLEANED UP! And offer free demos on commercial jobs. Go on a 25mile radius to all the industrial blvds and meet the people in the office complexes. Go to all the dentist and dr offices and even government buildings and churches. Look for who is in charge of maintenance. come up with a planned route so you can depend on a full day of doing it. The more seeds you plant the higher the chance of landing a couple jobs

And if it is real slow, go buy some squeegees and clean some windows for the stores in your downtown areas. It's not big money, but it's free advertising if you're doing it with your lettered van. Doing something is better than doing nothing at home

Get the word of mouth advertising flowing. Do some charitable work. Let them know you have some free time available due to the slow part of the year with schools starting and tell them you'd love to donate your services. Once again, your van will be out in the open spotlight advertising while you're doing good for somebody else.

It's not immediate return of investment, but it's planting very good seeds for your harvest coming in late fall/winter

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
That’s good advice. It takes hard work to get one off the ground! Even getting customers is a grind, but necessary for success!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
1) Reach back out to past clients that you have cleaned for 3 months ago, 6 months ago, and a year ago. Check to see how things are, and remind the 12-month folks that it is recommended to have your carpet cleaned every 12-18 months. Approach it is, a lot of your customers prefer to be reminded so that is just something you do to help stay on top of it.

2) Hit the pavement. Pass out business cards. Search for other small businesses like HVAC, plumbers, dentists, doctor's offices, and other small commercial buildings. Half the time you can see what it looks like inside from Google and get an idea if they even need your services. Put a list together and go visit, ask to offer an estimate/evaluate their, ask who makes decisions on their floor care, or simply give them a card and other promotional materials you might have. You can offer to do a demo as well.

3) Post to Google, Facebook, and Instagram. Each of them gives you the ability to post photos and videos of your work. Do it regularly.

4) Reach back out to past customers and ask for reviews.

Luky

Name
Mario
Been in two hospitals the last few days and I'm jus guessing I had at least a dozen or so nursee and doctors question me about my tat......every one thought it was so cool....so you can all laugh if you want.....but know I'm laughing back!
People are naturally curious, so I believe you. It's like having a van wrapped but better .

• Haha
Reactions: bob vawter

Luky

Name
Mario
1) Reach back out to past clients that you have cleaned for 3 months ago, 6 months ago, and a year ago. Check to see how things are, and remind the 12-month folks that it is recommended to have your carpet cleaned every 12-18 months. Approach it is, a lot of your customers prefer to be reminded so that is just something you do to help stay on top of it.

2) Hit the pavement. Pass out business cards. Search for other small businesses like HVAC, plumbers, dentists, doctor's offices, and other small commercial buildings. Half the time you can see what it looks like inside from Google and get an idea if they even need your services. Put a list together and go visit, ask to offer an estimate/evaluate their, ask who makes decisions on their floor care, or simply give them a card and other promotional materials you might have. You can offer to do a demo as well.

3) Post to Google, Facebook, and Instagram. Each of them gives you the ability to post photos and videos of your work. Do it regularly.

4) Reach back out to past customers and ask for reviews.
Doing something works better than sitting on the couch. Door hangers are one of the oldest advertising tools in 🇺🇸. Slapping 10 % discount on them might irk prospects attention.
Personally, Im against the free demo, in today's society people try to push you in doing the whole damn thing for nothing.
All in all, good advice.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Doing something works better than sitting on the couch. Door hangers are one of the oldest advertising tools in 🇺🇸. Slapping 10 % discount on them might irk prospects attention.
Personally, Im against the free demo, in today's society people try to push you in doing the whole damn thing for nothing.
All in all, good advice.
NEVER do place mats...golf score cards....

My tat was the best.....followed by fridge magnets.....reminder cards work well too!
Don't forget the Bane hose boarder!!!

Reactions: Papa John

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Strive to make every customer a cheerleader by looking for ways to improve on the customer experience.
Learn The Chemistry? and Science of your craft.
People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
The quality of one's work is the representation of the person who performs it.
Strive To represent yourself to the highest level.
Never assume you are the best.

But let's face it. Your area may not have enough households to support all the carpet cleaners There.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Strive to make every customer a cheerleader by looking for ways to improve on the customer experience.
Learn The Chemistry? and Science of your craft.
People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
The quality of one's work is the representation of the person who performs it.
Strive To represent yourself to the highest level.
Never assume you are the best.

But let's face it. Your area may not have enough households to support all the carpet cleaners There.
Go to the Ghetto.....that's where the money's at....

I hear ya all laughin.....ohh wait....that's me!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Go down to the local elks Lodge and offer to clean for free and leave your cards for the members.

Do a small mailer with and entry level offer.

Or business cards for one free room with a sq ft limit joe polish deal.

The idea is to get in the door and deliver

Great work great personality.

Name
Jeff T
Real estate companies:
Get in touch with everyone in your area.
Janitorial companies:
They have shyte cleaning products and methods
Restoration companies:
Again, their techs are NOT carpet cleaners
Single level commercial buildings:
An easy way to do HWE
Multi level commercial buildings:
. An easy way to do VLM
County service buildings:
Library, city hall, community centres

Get some new, presentable clothing, make sure you have a great business card, and minty fresh breath.
Remember to smile, Get your sales pitch ready, and SELL YOURSELF….

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Shoot, this sounds very interesting marketing ideas. Any photos of the pythons and the vac tat…..oh sorry no disrespect Vac-Tat?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom