SM or HCP? If you are OO which is best and why?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Setting up for 2018. Investing in software to build business to support basic systems.
If you were or are a small start up, one guy one van, which system do you think will help grow the business and why do you think that? Whatever you are using including Customer Factor etc.

Last edited:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I use SM and like it.
I need to know why you like it. What does it do for you that a basic scheduling app and your bank don't already do. Is it helping your business to grow and if so...in what way? Thank you for replying.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Service monster's fill my schedule feature has helped grow my business.
However to save a little money I use the "self serve" version of FMS. This is where I am able to make my own mailing list and cards. I use post cards instead of regular cards to save on postage.

I do the 9, 12, 15, 18 and 24 month reminder cards. I give a 10% discount on the 9 n12 month cards, $15 off on 15 month and $10 off on the 18 n 24 month cards.

I use the desktop version on SM on my android phone to simplify my life. Haveing access to a customers history in the field is very valuable asset to have. Sometimes people lie about how much they paid in the past in order to get a lower price. Having this data availble helps fight against the "Jedi mind trick" that some people try to use on our techs.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Without opening a can of worms, Bob look into TheCustomerFactor. Stay away from HCP.

AD54951C-8C98-468F-A342-8975054104C5.png

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Tell me something about it and why you like it. Would really like to get my business set up correctly for 2018.
I can call you later if you want. I’m sitting in church surfing MB. But in a nutshell. It’s $35 a month, I currently manage 720 customers with ease. Keeping them updated with reminders, scheduling, notes and contact info. It organized my sales and expenses and is a wealth of organized data. Help desk is very responsive.

@TConway and @kingjoelking also use it.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
HCP I would personally stay away from.

Being a SM customer can be frustrating at times, but I would still give it a full recommendation.

Don't have any experience with it but have heard lots of good about Customer Factor.

I would highly recommend using something to at least keep your customer database and job history super clean. If I were looking to get started with a CRM I would personally look in to both SM and CF.

Ron K

Best thing you could do is hire a real person to answer your phone and do all your book keeping, scheduling, follow up calls, customer calls/service, marketing,prelimenary hiring, hand written thank-you cards, etc.
That is the best way to grow your business.

F

FB7777

Best thing you could do is hire a real person to answer your phone and do all your book keeping, scheduling, follow up calls, customer calls/service, marketing,prelimenary hiring, hand written thank-you cards, etc.
That is the best way to grow your business.
When considering a real person, you really can appreciate how relatively inexpensive online software

I'm in the stone ages with Mistral 2000, the benefit is there is no monthly fee but if I was ever to consider growing again Service Monster would be my choice

Seems like you can really run your biz from the field

My 2cents

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
HCP seems to feel it has a right to use your data/Customer base to market other services... I hope it's other services and doesn't include Carpet Cleaners... so that seems to be a conflict of interest when you are paying a hundred dollars a month to use their software. That would be a deal breaker for me if true. Seems to be true.

SM feels complicated and I don't understand why I should be charged an additional 200 dollars as a sign up fee plus the 100 dollars a month to use their software. Not sure the Phone App is there yet.

The Customer Factor is a flat 45 dollars a month and seems to have everything the other 2 have.
I don't think there is a sign up fee either. Even Damon can't break it.

Reactions: Ron Werner

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
HCP seems to feel it has a right to use your data/Customer base to market other services... I hope it's other services and doesn't include Carpet Cleaners... so that seems to be a conflict of interest when you are paying a hundred dollars a month to use their software. That would be a deal breaker for me if true. Seems to be true.

SM feels complicated and I don't understand why I should be charged an additional 200 dollars as a sign up fee plus the 100 dollars a month to use their software. Not sure the Phone App is there yet.

The Customer Factor is a flat 45 dollars a month and seems to have everything the other 2 have.
I don't think there is a sign up fee either. Even Damon can't break it.
Does the customer factor handle something similar to sm fill my schedule?

Name
Swani
Setting up for 2018. Investing in software to build business to support basic systems.
If you were or are a small start up, one guy one van, which system do you think will help grow the business and why do you think that? Whatever you are using including Customer Factor etc.
Both companies will do a live demo with you. I would gather a list of pros and cons from everyone and then do the live demo and hopefully that will answer some your questions.

J

JS41035

Hcp has the best mobile app.
SM is getting better in that regard z
The Customer Factor has a straightforward app that allows quick scheduling and adding a customer. It also allows employees to clock in and out. The desktop version allows a ton more options like reports, etc.
I use TCF. I’ve used SM in the past and I paid for House call for a few months but just to play around. I never uploaded any info. All three have excellent customer service.
Every one of them will feel awkward at first. I used Cha-Ching for almost 10 years. So it was a bit of a shock. But whichever you choose...don’t switch for at least a year. If you don’t buy in and commit to the data entry style that each company uses , you won’t get the benefits. Whichever system you use the adjustment time will be crucial. TCF makes it pretty simple to keep your paper invoices with preexisting invoice numbers. You simply change the autogenerated invoice or estimate number to the number on your paper invoices. But I’m am barely writing invoices out anymore. All my commercial accounts simply sign the screen on the app and then I email it. Even most residential customers prefer an emailed invoice.
If you have any questions call Damon.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Howard Partridge uses a system called soft serve. I would compare it to SM but on steroids. It’s about $3k setup fee and some sort of high monthly fee. I almost subscribed when I was on the Howard inner circle wagon. I’m glad I didn’t, but I’m sure I would have made good use of it. Anyone here use Soft Serve?

Last edited:

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I dont believe HCP uses any of your data, I can tell you that ive been using it for over 2 years and have my parents, friends, and tons of family friends all plugged into the database and they havent sent them anything or tried to market anything to any of them. I also have myself in there.

There were a lot of guys worried about this, but they were all kinda speculating that the info is sold or used etc.

Im just curious where the info above came from that says they are for sure using it to connect with consumers, was that from a website or magazine article?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we use Service Monster...I really like that I can put it on any tablet and/or phone and be able to pull up all info regarding cleanings...driving directions...anything I want or need to know from any of my clients is at my fingertips anywhere I am...

Wife does all the scheduling and can take care of anything she needs anywhere she is...

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom