SM or HCP? If you are OO which is best and why?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
@nomad how does Send Jim receive the cusotmers information to do monthly reminder cards? Do you have to manually send each customer to them or are they linked to TCF?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
There is an add-on in google chrome. I just click on the sendJim icon it populates the info and then I select the sequence of cards I want sent. So If i select my "extended sequence" that customer is instantly set to get a thank you card, two days later they will get a referral request card, then at six months they get a reminder card, and every other month they will get a referral request card and reminder card. They will get cards from me every month for a year of referral requests and reminders. This is set up with just three clicks. When they reschedule, it reset them in the sequence. If I don't hear from them after a year, they get a phone call and then get put in a sequence called the "Catch-up" sequence where they are bombarded with reminder cards every other month. This has really worked well for me because people can't remember A Plus Carpt Cleaning. They think I'm a steak sauce and try and call A-1.

TCF has also integrated SendJim into their platform so you no longer need the add-on in Google chrome. But I haven't figured it out yet. What I'm doing works so why bother. The are a million other features I have no clue how they work. Something called the big proposal for large job bids. I need to take some time and learn all the new stuff.

Matt, if you are currently on SM, just stick with it. There is so much to learn with all these systems. If TCF wasn't around I would surely be using SM. But at this point, there is no way i'm going to jump into a different CRM system after I have learned so much about TCF and how to use it effectively. I'm sure it's the same for SM. The chief complaint I hear about SM is that it's very complicated and the app is not user friendly in the field. But like anything else, i'm sure once you learn it, it becomes easier.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
There is an add-on in google chrome. I just click on the sendJim icon it populates the info and then I select the sequence of cards I want sent. So If i select my "extended sequence" that customer is instantly set to get a thank you card, two days later they will get a referral request card, then at six months they get a reminder card, and every other month they will get a referral request card and reminder card. They will get cards from me every month for a year of referral requests and reminders. This is set up with just three clicks. When they reschedule, it reset them in the sequence. If I don't hear from them after a year, they get a phone call and then get put in a sequence called the "Catch-up" sequence where they are bombarded with reminder cards every other month. This has really worked well for me because people can't remember A Plus Carpt Cleaning. They think I'm a steak sauce and try and call A-1.

TCF has also integrated SendJim into their platform so you no longer need the add-on in Google chrome. But I haven't figured it out yet. What I'm doing works so why bother. The are a million other features I have no clue how they work. Something called the big proposal for large job bids. I need to take some time and learn all the new stuff.

Matt, if you are currently on SM, just stick with it. There is so much to learn with all these systems. If TCF wasn't around I would surely be using SM. But at this point, there is no way i'm going to jump into a different CRM system after I have learned so much about TCF and how to use it effectively. I'm sure it's the same for SM. The chief complaint I hear about SM is that it's very complicated and the app is not user friendly in the field. But like anything else, i'm sure once you learn it, it becomes easier.
I have to agree with using the sm app on my phone. Thank goodness I still carry a handwritten calendar on the truck with me, and when I get home, I enter everything on my desktop PC. I'll take your advice and just stick with sm. It was a pain to learn all the stuff on the software. I'd hate to start all over with something else

Reactions: Nomad74

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
I can call you later if you want. I’m sitting in church surfing MB. But in a nutshell. It’s $35 a month, I currently manage 720 customers with ease. Keeping them updated with reminders, scheduling, notes and contact info. It organized my sales and expenses and is a wealth of organized data. Help desk is very responsive.

@TConway and @kingjoelking also use it.
Did you build those cards on send Jim or did someone else design them and you just upload?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Did you build those cards on send Jim or did someone else design them and you just upload?
My assistant designed them then uploaded them to SendJim. She is very talented in that aspect. But SendJim does have some generic cards you can use and I think they will also design them for you.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Lots of useful information here from everyone. More confused than ever but plenty to consider.
Also thank you to @PrimaDonna for the conversation on the phone. She gave me the pluses and minuses of every program. She still likes SM but... I'm not so sure.
I know I'm more seasoned/older than most on this board but I can still see the obvious, the cell phone is really what its all about now and will be even more important in the future IMO.
I have noticed I am emailing and messaging a large percentage of my Customers. On line job booking and payments. That trend is only going to continue and grow. HCP is leading there.
For simple and less money TCF is a solid choice.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Lots of useful information here from everyone. More confused than ever but plenty to consider.
Also thank you to @PrimaDonna for the conversation on the phone. She gave me the pluses and minuses of every program. She still likes SM but... I'm not so sure.
I know I'm more seasoned/older than most on this board but I can still see the obvious, the cell phone is really what its all about now and will be even more important in the future IMO.
I have noticed I am emailing and messaging a large percentage of my Customers. On line job booking and payments. That trend is only going to continue and grow. HCP is leading there.
For simple and less money TCF is a solid choice.

Not the conversation I had with the HCP Management. Forms (which is what they offer) present challenges, as was written about in CleanFax Mag by Jeff Cross Executive Editor... http://www.cleanfax-digital.com/#&pageSet=3 .
Leading the way, I don't think so. I would rethink that.
The issue is you can't get 6 hours of work done in a 2 hour window. Things must be real-time based on actual reality to benefit both ends of the value chain. The consumer and provider.

Last edited:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Leading the way, I don't think so. I would rethink that.
If you think SM is leading the way into the future with mobile, SMS and online ordering...which I believe is what you do for SM for a small fee, then I would love to have that information to consider. I am not committed to anything. I am more confused now than when I asked the question but, bottom line in 2018 I will be committed to one of these programs.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Reactions: Mikey P

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
We had problems in the field with service monster, hopefully the new tech mode will make it more usable. I would like to completely switch to sm.

As of now we are still using razor sync

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
If you think SM is leading the way into the future with mobile, SMS and online ordering...which I believe is what you do for SM for a small fee, then I would love to have that information to consider. I am not committed to anything. I am more confused now than when I asked the question but, bottom line in 2018 I will be committed to one of these programs.

Bob - All I am suggesting is that HCP is not leading the way in online scheduling. The rest I leave up to you guys that use the CMS programs all day. From a tech standpoint, we are more tied into SM through an API (its more of a complete data interface). The Financial commitment with SM and FittleBug (our offering ) is ZERO. We can make it work with SM, HCP or Customer Factor. FittleBug just works a bit easier with SM than the others because of the API. All fine programs as far as I have seen, but again HCP is NOT leading the way in online scheduling.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
How many more jobs are people bringing in by offering online scheduling?

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
How many more jobs are people bringing in by offering online scheduling?

It really kind of depends on you, but here is a client I was speaking with today from Ohio. His last month. His monthly total is at the bottom and is about 8000% ROI. Nice guy, he just tells people they can do it themselves. Also, here is his testimonial

November-1.png

Just so you know it sometimes doesn't start out like the above numbers. Here is his first full month with FittleBug. 9 total for an ROI of about 1000%
https://www.fittlebug.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/35/2017/12/first-month.png

Last edited:

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
I hate that the concept of ROI gets misused.

What is 'Return On Investment - ROI'
A performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of an investment or to compare the efficiency of a number of different investments. ROI measures the amount of return on an investment relative to the investment’s cost. To calculate ROI, the benefit (or return) of an investment is divided by the cost of the investment, and the result is expressed as a percentage or a ratio.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes I'm aware of the definition.

The misuse of the concept comes into play when the wrong numbers are plugged into the formula. This results in wrong data results.

The most blatant examples are advertising promotions. Spending $1000 on an ad to gross $3000 is NOT a 300% ROI.

Mikey P

Administrator
Im using it.

Liking it a lot, especially as I'm walkin the job and entering line item services. Takes a few steps out of the invoicing process

Can I request the ability to have a company signature included when email the customer the receipt from the app?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
SM if they had more options for the FillMySchedule templates. :)

SM has pretty much everything you need. HCP from the beginning I didn't like their "make your customers download our app and schedule through it with you" but then offers other services to your customer.. SM also works well with Fittlebug in transferring online bookings instantly into it. Closing off dates, etc.

Is there a way to run a report in SM 6 that allows you to see which customers have used you the most? Or only by ranking their names by invoice in alphabetical order in the account section?

Reactions: smastio

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Bob,

There's so many variables to consider and a hard decision. We are a SM user for the last 4+ years. We love it. It's simple to use, great reports, our crews can view their work schedule online, and it's our marketing arm to keep in touch with our customers so they don't forget about us. We feel it gives us the flexibility to travel and keep our order updates current wherever we are. But the best parts are we feel its a cost effective tool, helps us to look more professional to our customers and our business has grown and become more profitable with it each and every year. Couple that with quick books and we have everything we need and feel comfortable running our service business well into the future. Hope this helps.

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
This was your original need.

"Investing in software to build business to support basic systems."

It will do that and so much more... I also believe Joe and his team aren't done making SM even better, which makes it an overall easy decision for a long-term buy. They also have a good company culture imo.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thank you Bryan. Leaning toward SM.

Leaning not even a question for mr. Pruitt you'll love the technician app not smooth and easy it is to use in the home and there's an even better one coming for the owner of the company so they say but the technician is very usable.
I'm seldom wrong when predicting fads ,trends and the future of this industry and I'm predicting housecall pleasero will be gone within 2 years.

Or sold off foto some bullshit customer leads app that will ruin it no time, can play it safe and go with SM

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
It's considerably cheaper too
Playing with the demo now. I will be signing up January 2nd.
Looking at it for the first time is confusing but I think the $200 sign up covers a demonstration of the process. I will be fine.
Thank you Mike, Bryan and everyone who helped including Meg who is a SM user and only said good things about SM to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom