Small Town Vortex

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Morrison said:
Would a community of 6000 be able to drum up enough business for a V?

a "machine" doesn't "drum up business".... unless it's an "auto dialing" machine.. (if you listen to AD machine salesmen :? )
Implementation of sound biz/marketing practices is what "drums up biz"

you've been in the biz 6 years, Jim
You ought to know by now whether or not a mega mount makes $en$e to "your" biz or not

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You would have to market in a 50 mile radius of your town.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the machine can handle volume..if you can't generate the volume then you just wasted your time and money.........

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
Jim Martin said:
the machine can handle volume..if you can't generate the volume then you just wasted your time and money.........

are there any successful V owners doing whole house specials or Ken Snow type pricing? There use to be a guy that posted that owned a carpet store then bought 2 Vs. I think he was close to Dave Rampage? this could be a way to drum up volume in a smaller town or economic depressed area. Would be able to fly through them dual wanding.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
possible I guess but ..IMO if you plan on just flying threw a home on a whole house special and are in a hurry to generate volume...somewhere along the line you will sacrifice quality... then most your jobs are just going to be a one shot wonder and in time you will be dieing a slow painful death.....

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
Jim Martin said:
possible I guess but ..IMO if you plan on just flying threw a home on a whole house special and are in a hurry to generate volume...somewhere along the line you will sacrifice quality... then most your jobs are just going to be a one shot wonder and in time you will be dieing a slow painful death.....

Most people these days want a great value. Prespraying with a good quality prespray and then dual wanding with the heat and vac of a V should out do most cleaners in a market I would hope? (more heat, dry times, etc) Just thinking outside the box. I currently consider myself a value cleaner charging by the room. Just wondering if a V would be away to increase production and help get more Volume by charging whole house specials? I do not see quality being an issue. I currently get a TON of repeats and I am a squirt and suck hack. The key is use a high quality prespray and a good machine. I have NO problem cleaning trashed carpet with my white magic and I do not do the 12 step bells and whistle stuff either. There is a larger target market that does not want or need the fluff.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
tracywalker said:
Jim Martin said:

Most people these days want a great value. Prespraying with a good quality prespray and then dual wanding with the heat and vac of a V should out do most cleaners in a market I would hope? (more heat, dry times, etc) Just thinking outside the box. I currently consider myself a value cleaner charging by the room. Just wondering if a V would be away to increase production and help get more Volume by charging whole house specials? I do not see quality being an issue. I currently get a TON of repeats and I am a squirt and suck hack. The key is use a high quality prespray and a good machine. I have NO problem cleaning trashed carpet with my white magic and I do not do the 12 step bells and whistle stuff either. There is a larger target market that does not want or need the fluff.
squirt and suck hack...
TFF! :lol:

Jim Morrison

Name
jim

My 47 can handle volume, just has smaller tanks. Being a one pony show how much more can you expect to do with a V?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim Morrison said:

My 47 can handle volume, just has smaller tanks. Being a one pony show how much more can you expect to do with a V?

now you are getting into the person behind the equipment and how they structured there company and how they utilize what they have..........

how much are you doing now..what type of business structure are you running...whole house specials......??.....only high end clients......or are you that middle guy....

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Using a big truck, dual wanding to increase production, and quality cleaning products should let you increase productivity considerably no matter where you are if you have the volume of work to support the investment.
The AT is currently like $25K less than the V (85K vs 109K) , so that also would be something to consider.

Feel free to call me if I can help 678-608-9477 (Tom)

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Shawn,
I just called AT a week ago, and for a new truck like mine its 85,600, (I have a UD1400) I did not receive a breakdown over the phone... I was looking for an out the door price to do some extrapolation versus a franchise I am currently looking at. I also need to do some homework on carbon footprints...which causes the environment more damage, a portable (not electric TM), using electricity powered by burning coal (usually low grade), or a diesel TM that's production rates should be by my estimation at least 5 times as high. Not based on hourly usage, but rather by the square ft. ... should be an interesting comparison.

The $109K is quoted from MB, I did not actually price shop them. I'm sure that they now have better customer service than when I called to buy a V... but I did not get that price as as an actual quote.

Respectfully,
TLC

Jim Martin said:

Could not have said it better, Why spend all that money and have the thing sit and depreciate in value and only do a couple hundred hours a year on it? Waste of money!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
captaincarpet said:
Shawn,
I just called AT a week ago, and for a new truck like mine its 85,600, (I have a UD1400) I did not receive a breakdown over the phone... I was looking for an out the door price to do some extrapolation versus a franchise I am currently looking at. I also need to do some homework on carbon footprints...which causes the environment more damage, a portable (not electric TM), using electricity powered by burning coal (usually low grade), or a diesel TM that's production rates should be by my estimation at least 5 times as high. Not based on hourly usage, but rather by the square ft. ... should be an interesting comparison.

The $109K is quoted from MB, I did not actually price shop them. I'm sure that they now have better customer service than when I called to buy a V... but I did not get that price as as an actual quote.

Respectfully,
TLC

OM fing G, you actually have drank the whole global warming cool aid and swallowed all of it. carbon foot print this or that, you gotta be kidding me. did you forget about the hacked emails of scientist scheming to keep the hoax going, FACT, THE WARMEST YEAR IN THE LAST 11 WAS 1998, the is no warming. another fact is scientist stand to gain financially by a climate crisis with added money for research etc. I would like to think we as mikeysboard members are smarter and more informed than to believe shit like this.

if the AT is cheaper, IMO its also a better machine and uses no oil, the company that makes them has also shown the desire to keep doing so, they also supply parts for machines that where sold by another company and even other manufacturer, the current company that makes the V has shown they may not want to keep making it. its your money and your decision, although blueline did make some nice tweaks to the system and improvments that look great, however they are not the ones in charge anymore.

back to the original subject of this thread. I can't tell you how many times I have been to my suppliers and seen what broke dicks your average cleaner really looks like, their equipment is so dirty and greasy, the wand looks like a chia pet. you could not possibly even get a bottle of spotter out of the unit without getting extremely filthy. Then on to hygiene, long mullet style hair do's, sloppy clothing, there was one guy on here that would wear sweat pants to the job. the fact is many of our fellow cleaners look more at home eating at a greasy spoon truck stop.

the point is, instead of worrying about how big your machine is or weather or not mrs jones will come out and say wow that is a big freaking machine, does it have a #5 or #6 blower?? is just crazy, put your efforts into something else, like looking well groomed, dress nice, wear some nice dress pants a button down shirt, keep your equipment clean and odor free, and most of all TALK to the customer, develop a relationship with them, pick something out in their homes that you can feed a conversation off of. getting to know customers on a more personal level is the key to success, not how big your machine is. the best thing about everything I told you is its all free and costs very very little.

a nice extended van with an SS 370 in it, a guy dressed in khaki dress pants, button down shirt, shaved, good hair cutt, and that does the things I said above will do way way more business and be exponentially successful than a guy that has a poor personality and dresses poorly and uses a vortex or aerotech unit.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Just look at me Yappy, and you'll know you're wrong!

I look like crap, but me and my V dual wanded for 12 hours straight yesterday and made some good money.

PorkButt

hogjowl

Idiot™
No ... I wish. Since the economy went south, my school accounts have stopped calling. I only cleaned two this year. Down from 5. This is one of my country club accounts.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:

I look like crap, but me and my V dual wanded for 12 hours straight yesterday and made some good money.
PorkButt

Do you get any walk-ups or referrals from those country club types ?

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Steve G:

I'm not a tree hugger, but some of my potential customers are...and GREEN is the buzzword for the near future and for marketing purposes I do understand that... and respect it enough to do my homework before I open my mouth...
And if I do offer a "Green" service, I want to know what ground I'm on.

You don't need to preach to the Choir, I love my AT, it is 3 1/2 years old, and as for repairs, I just replaced the second light bulb it that time... it looks almost new...I take care of my equipment, but respect Shawn enough to not be rude...HE DID DEVELOP THE CONCEPT BOTH of these machines use.

As for the 370, this whole thread was about small communities supporting the purchase of a "V"... and its benefits like higher production per hour...not "should your company have a professional image"... thats a no-brainer IMHO

steve g

Name
steve garrett
captaincarpet said:
Steve G:

I'm not a tree hugger, but some of my potential customers are...and GREEN is the buzzword for the near future and for marketing purposes I do understand that... and respect it enough to do my homework before I open my mouth...
And if I do offer a "Green" service, I want to know what ground I'm on.

You don't need to preach to the Choir, I love my AT, it is 3 1/2 years old, and as for repairs, I just replaced the second light bulb it that time... it looks almost new...I take care of my equipment, but respect Shawn enough to not be rude...HE DID DEVELOP THE CONCEPT BOTH of these machines use.

As for the 370, this whole thread was about small communities supporting the purchase of a "V"... and its benefits like higher production per hour...not "should your company have a professional image"... thats a no-brainer IMHO

interesting marketing tool, I thought Georgia was a very conservative state, even more conservative than utah where I live, even with a mass invasion of tree huggers from commiefornia I would not consider offering a "green service" , I find people that are big into the whole green shit to not be the type of customer I want, they all seem like up tight assholes and if you look into their faces and eyes you will truely see what unhappy people they are. my suggestion is to run whatever unit you want just pay al gore's company for carbon offsets remember with the whole green agenda its really all about feeling good.

sorry for the rant, but when I see an agenda or class of people destroying our country I just have to say something.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
just go out and buy one,you will find your own path. **** STEVE.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I still think the guy from the DOORS should try his luck. It worked for me.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Shawn York said:
[quote="steve g":2igubpmj]

a nice extended van with an SS 370 in it, a guy dressed in khaki dress pants, button down shirt, shaved, good hair cutt, and that does the things I said above will do way way more business and be exponentially successful than a guy that has a poor personality and dresses poorly and uses a vortex or aerotech unit.

I agree with this statement.[/quote:2igubpmj]
Don,t wast your time and money on fancy threads, just get the job done. And be very personable.

Ryan

Shawn York said:
admiralclean said:

PorkButt

"A Pig With V Has Better Chance Than Pig With Portable."

------- Ancient Chinese Proverb.

LOL you should have that translated into latin and inscribed on the front of every 8000Q

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom