smart phone of choice?

Becker

Name
Becker
Bought a new phone at the start of the month.

Blackberry curve.

I kept it for a week.
Email was nice, but the browser sucked ass.

Took it back and shoved it up the salesman's ass.

Walked out with another Tero 700wx.

Been using a Tero for about 4 years. Very happy with it. The older phone I have is about 2 years old and works perfectly fine. I will keep it on ice for when I take a swim with my new one.

Considered the Iphone, But could not pull myself away from Verizon.

DUSTY

I am a longterm Blackberry user, it is an old timer. Works great,, yes the browser is dead slow.

Got my wife the I-phone at christmas and it is fantastic.

I then replaced my old blackberry with the new Blackberry storm,, OMG.. it is junk. The salesman would not take it back, but at least I have my old BB back.

Brad_Smith

treo 650 to iphone over a year ago. Just do it. You will laugh at yourself for ever using that piece of shit treo.

breathe72

Brad_Smith said:
treo 650 to iphone over a year ago. Just do it. You will laugh at yourself for ever using that piece of shit treo.

He doesn't use a Treo, he uses a TERO

:shock:

breathe72

Chris Muetterties said:
Oh the TERO is the Bomb !!

Oh its the bomb alright. The Palm TERO was originally manufactued exclusively for the Shoshone Indians, in conjunction with the Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance, which helped award big commercial jobs to carpet cleaners from this tribe.

The original Palm TERO was actually made out of Wood.

Its all right here: http://www.shoshonebannocktribes.com/tero/main.html

RickL

I used to have a Palm Treo Windows based had a lot of problems with the phone side of it but the PDA was great. In hindsight I probably should of taken it back and exchanged it.
Anyway went to get a new Blackberry and ended up with the IPhone 3G and it is absolutely the greatest phone tech device I own..
I never even thought about downloading apps as anything I would ever need or use but with the Iphone I find myself finding new stuff everyday.

I got the palm treo 700w and its good for what I use it for...(emails, day planner)
Not that reliable though I've been through 5 in the last year....I might be a little harder on phones then most though....

crystalclear

I use an ATT Tilt with a blue-tooth earpiece. I have had it for 6months now. It is window based(ouch). I am now learning to sync it up with my PC. It is thick as a brick though. I like the hands free and the PDA features. It is my mobile office.

WISE

My BB Storm is killer! Love it.

Dusty...did you upgrade the OS on it? Mine was SLLOOOWWW til I downloaded the new OS. Good to go now. Did take me a lil while to type fast again on the screen dealio...I was used to my buttons on the curve.

WISE

TimP

I guess I'm too old fashioned and cheap to get a fancy phone.....more so because I'm cheap I hope.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i tried the htc touch pro....windows based phones suck ASSS period...more glitchy then the computers....

tried this phone and that phone..(4 in a 2 mth period) went with the black berry curve...OMG what a phone!!!!!!!!!!

allllll sorts of apps to dl on this thing....browser ehh its a lil werid...modify it or dl opera mini and dont worry about it...is it a PHONE or a WEB BROWSER????

and for those of you who dont have sprint and have your little smart phones GPS capabilites locked down... i do feel sorry for you....

black berry maps
google maps
sprint nav..

all with real time gps :wink:

can follow myself on a wider map...sprint nav has the voice turn by turn.....hell BB maps even tells me how many satilites are pinging me...

should have just got this phone on the 1st return of the touch pro..

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I love my Treo 700W though I do have to have it replaced once a year at least. Ver y user friendly. A couple empoyees just got the HTC and love it.

DUSTY

Ashley

No I did not try to upgrade the software to make it run better. The storm has the worst reception ever, drops calls and many calls were going straight to voicemail.

To top it off it would constantly freeze up. I have just written it off as a bad phone. I am sure that Bberry will fix it, but they lost my confidence.

jwfoulk

Hey all, I had a Tilt and just recently picked up the Fuze, aka Touch Pro. Yeah it sucks out of the box but as soon as you update the rom its a hole different animal. My wife has an iphone and i'll take my Fuze anyday over that.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I got the HTC Touch Diamond. Very small, easy to use. Nice thing is it has the graphiti typing input, no thumb keyboard! hate those things.

I don't use it for webbrowsing or email, haven't set it up for that yet. I'll have to check for data usage across the border, about the only time I'll use it that way.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
the HTC Touch Pro has the extra keyboard and is a little heavier than the diamond but worth it I think.

When I link it to my office computer through logmein.com...it works perfectly. No lag time, just a small version of my computer.
I would recommend it to anyone.

It was a little touchy at first but no problems since a couple of weeks since I bought it.

CleanEvo

I must be old school, still use a cell phone and a palm pilot for scheduling. I'd like to get one device to do both and get the benefit of email as well.

I was considering Blackberry, but seeing some of the posts above, I'm not sure.

Is the Iphone compatible with a regular windows based pc? Or, do I need an Apple computer?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
CleanEvolve said:
I must be old school, still use a cell phone and a palm pilot for scheduling. I'd like to get one device to do both and get the benefit of email as well.

I was considering Blackberry, but seeing some of the posts above, I'm not sure.

Is the Iphone compatible with a regular windows based pc? Or, do I need an Apple computer?

Some things depend on who your service provider is...

but from someone who went through 4 phones in 2 mths....

GET THE BLACKBERRY .....FREAKING AMAZING THE CRAP THIS THING CAN DO!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom